175 Visa Help Please!!!

Old Jul 25th 2010, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

actionjackson is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 175 Visa Help Please!!!

Can anyone help please I just don't know what to do next!

My fiance and I currently have a skilled migration visa 175 application which has been submitted since November 2008. I was assessed by the ACS and given code 2231-79 as an IT Analyst.

Given my application has basically got stuck (but not cancelled) and I can't see any evidence that it's suddenly going to be processed given all the changes that have been occurring with skilled migration, I want to find out is anyone out there in the same boat or does anyone no what is happening to our visa's and what should I do next????

Your comments please!

Kind regards

Frank
Old Jul 25th 2010, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 175 Visa Help Please!!!

I recommend you check the new SOL and determine what Schedule your occupation is on and then check the new processing priority statement which was issued about a week ago.

If your occupation is on Sch 3 then you are in Cat 3 for processing and hopefully things will start to move soon. If your occupation is not on sch 3 of the new SOL then the new processing rules advise that you are in for a very long wait for your visa and you might want to devise a new strategy.

I am afraid I cannot help with determining which schedule your occupation is on as I find the IT classifications rather baffling. But that is your first step.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

pseethar is an unknown quantity at this point

No one would know the processing time of DIAC for a particular visa.
First check ur ASCO on new SOL, check which schedule(category) you belong to.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 7:28 am
Just Joined

actionjackson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I recommend you check the new SOL and determine what Schedule your occupation is on and then check the new processing priority statement which was issued about a week ago.

If your occupation is on Sch 3 then you are in Cat 3 for processing and hopefully things will start to move soon. If your occupation is not on sch 3 of the new SOL then the new processing rules advise that you are in for a very long wait for your visa and you might want to devise a new strategy.

I am afraid I cannot help with determining which schedule your occupation is on as I find the IT classifications rather baffling. But that is your first step.
Thanks for your help. I think I need to wait for the new WA skill list and if there is not a skill for me I will have to re-apply.
Kind regards
Frank
Old Aug 1st 2010, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

uppalpankaj is an unknown quantity at this point

Check the new SOL to see if your occupation is there else you will have to reapply.