175 visa granted - Oct 08 applicant

Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:41 am
Banned

kyler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 175 visa granted - Oct 08 applicant

Hi guys,

Just found out this morning my 175 visa was granted. I applied Oct 3, 2008 and it was granted this morning, exactly 11 months from the date of application.

Now my passport is almost full except for 1 page. I cannot get a visa label in my passport, but I *DO* have enough room for the initial entry immigration stamp. I do have an existing 457 visa label in my passport too that would make it appear to my airline that I have a valid visa anyways, even without the 175 being evidenced.

My question for anyone who knows: have any of you entered Australia without a visa evidencing label in their passport for any type of PR visa? The instructions sent from do DIAC say that I need a label in my passport, but I believe from what others are saying, if you can get by the airline check-in and board the plane and get to Oz you are fine to get there without a visa label?

Cheers and thanks your help guys. This website has held me through along with *************.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:54 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 175 visa granted - Oct 08 applicant

Congrats

Originally Posted by kyler
Hi guys,

Just found out this morning my 175 visa was granted. I applied Oct 3, 2008 and it was granted this morning, exactly 11 months from the date of application.

Now my passport is almost full except for 1 page. I cannot get a visa label in my passport, but I *DO* have enough room for the initial entry immigration stamp. I do have an existing 457 visa label in my passport too that would make it appear to my airline that I have a valid visa anyways, even without the 175 being evidenced.

My question for anyone who knows: have any of you entered Australia without a visa evidencing label in their passport for any type of PR visa? The instructions sent from do DIAC say that I need a label in my passport, but I believe from what others are saying, if you can get by the airline check-in and board the plane and get to Oz you are fine to get there without a visa label?

Cheers and thanks your help guys. This website has held me through along with *************.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:24 pm
Wjuicypeach

Wjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura about

Hi guys,

Well done
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

bannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant futurebannie has a brilliant future

Hi guys,

Congratulations
Old Sep 4th 2009, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

miss_india is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

congrats and have nice party tonight.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 7:49 pm
Banned

kyler is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Thank god the long wait is over. It's bizarre how visas don't seem to be granted in any particular order.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Briar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond reputeBriar has a reputation beyond repute

Know what you mean about visas being granted in order of receipt - NOT! But it has to do with a lot of other things. Like the number of countries you have lived in and the relevant Police Checks - the other visas you have had in Australia (if any - and they check with employers if you have been on a work related sponsored visa) - medical history, both physical and psychiatric. And then of course there is the simple problem that DIAC are understaffed to cope with the amazingly huge amount of visa applications they have received in the last year due to the global economic stuff. No I don't work for DIAC, but my partner does, so I get the gist of what is happening !
I wish you well in your new life.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

suziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nice

congratulations
xx
Old Sep 5th 2009, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

muzi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Congratulations!!!
Old Sep 5th 2009, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

uppalpankaj is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats. Good Luck.