175 Visa evisa application Confusion

Old Sep 29th 2008, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice
Cool 175 Visa evisa application Confusion

Hi all,

I am a bit confused with the online evisa application. I am hoping to apply this week. Hope you guys can help me out. My husband and i have both completed IELTS and i have got a positive skill assessment from ACS. my dad and daughter are my dependants in the application. Daughter is just 2yrs so that’s okay. But dad is 63yrs. here are the questions:

1. Dad has booked his ielts test on 08/011/2008. So when I type in if the dependant has sat for a IELTS test, am I supposed to key in "NO" ? (if i say no, will the option of uploading his results, be disabled later? )

2. my husband scored L - 6, R - 5 , W -7, S -6. Overall 6. So does he go as "competent or concessional competent? (do they check the individual marks or overall for him ??)

3.how many days are given to upload the documents? (i saw some where that its 28days) wish to verify.

4. if (3) is 28 days will i not be able to upload dad's results ? since his results will be out only end of November..

sorry for so many questions.. please help me out.

thanks in advance
mala

Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:17 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 175 Visa evisa application Confusion

Originally Posted by mala
Hi all,

I am a bit confused with the online evisa application. I am hoping to apply this week. Hope you guys can help me out. My husband and i have both completed IELTS and i have got a positive skill assessment from ACS. my dad and daughter are my dependants in the application. Daughter is just 2yrs so that’s okay. But dad is 63yrs. here are the questions:

1. Dad has booked his ielts test on 08/011/2008. So when I type in if the dependant has sat for a IELTS test, am I supposed to key in "NO" ? (if i say no, will the option of uploading his results, be disabled later? )

2. my husband scored L - 6, R - 5 , W -7, S -6. Overall 6. So does he go as "competent or concessional competent? (do they check the individual marks or overall for him ??)

3.how many days are given to upload the documents? (i saw some where that its 28days) wish to verify.

4. if (3) is 28 days will i not be able to upload dad's results ? since his results will be out only end of November..

sorry for so many questions.. please help me out.

thanks in advance
mala

Hi Mala,

You can upload everyone excpet the main applicants results later. The only ones that need to be there within 28 days are the main applicants IELTS results - this is to ensure it is a valid application.

I would tick 'NO' for your father and then upload the results later - you can upload just about anything.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice

Hi tking,

Thanks so much for the important info. Really appreciate it.

Some one pls tell me the answer to this :

Thanks in advance.
mala
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi tking,

Thanks so much for the important info. Really appreciate it.

Some one pls tell me the answer to this :

Thanks in advance.
mala
He only needs an average of 6, so he's got competent.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks alot dorothy
Old Oct 1st 2008, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

volvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nicevolvox is just really nice

Hi all,

Hi Mala,

IF the you're the main applicant does your husband need to have a competent level of English? (Correct me if I am wrong, but i assumed that only the main applicant needs to have a proficient/competent level of English for adding points while the dependents need only a functional level of English)

Regarding Your actual question about the competent level of English, you must have "a band score of at least six (6) on each of the four (4) components – speaking, reading, listening and writing".. NOT aggregate.. His score will be considered Vocational level as the score of Reading is 5.

You can find the same information here..

Regards,

Jerome
Old Oct 1st 2008, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks jerome. Yes, only the main appicant needs to have 6 or 7. why i asked that question is becoz i had to fill in the level of my husband in the online form. the spouse i saw some where was not considered as dependent but just as a spouse. so thats why the confusion of overall score. Thanks for the link. I think that is for the main applicant right? The spouse and dependents are checked with overall i think.. not sure.. some one pls shed some light in here..........