175 Visa Application to RSMS Application?

Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

rackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the rough
Default 175 Visa Application to RSMS Application?

Can an already launched 175 visa application be converted to Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) at a later stage.?
Old Jul 21st 2010, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

abeersalik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 175 Visa Application to RSMS Application?

Originally Posted by rackspace
Can an already launched 175 visa application be converted to Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) at a later stage.?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...-visa-apps.htm
Old Jul 21st 2010, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

hantorro is on a distinguished road

Yeah i submitted my Visa application in Oct 10 and then applied for Sponsorship in Dec, was told successful in June so completed the necessary paperwork and submitted this to my agent.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

dsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the rough

You can do it as long your 175 is still pending and no decision made. I did mine last month while the 175 is still active with ABPF status. Now waiting for decision for 119. Asked to do my medicals before decision being made.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

rackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dsugums
You can do it as long your 175 is still pending and no decision made. I did mine last month while the 175 is still active with ABPF status. Now waiting for decision for 119. Asked to do my medicals before decision being made.
Hmm ...
But isnt there a difference in simple state sponsorship which use to exist and these new state migration plans ...
my question is regarding new state migrations plans...
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

dsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the rough

Hmm ...
But isnt there a difference in simple state sponsorship which use to exist and these new state migration plans ...
SMP is different from RSMS
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

hantorro is on a distinguished road

Hmm ...
Yes there is a difference, as stated earlier, my visa was submitted in Oct 09, i asked my agent and this was her reply:

The State Migration Plan (sponsorship list) only relates to occupations not on the new SOL.

States and Territories can actually sponsor individuals who feature on the new SOL now. Further, this only relates to applications submitted on or after 1 July.

Hope this clarifies this a bit for you
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

No.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
No.
Yes you can. I just did mine last month and it is accepted with fee waiver.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:19 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dsugums
Yes you can. I just did mine last month and it is accepted with fee waiver.
There is a fee waiver, but legally a new application, as far as I know. Would have to look at the Regulations to be sure, but it may mean that, for example, the age 45 threshold is looked at again on application for RSMS.