175 visa: 10 months and no response ?

Old Nov 1st 2008, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about
Default 175 visa: 10 months and no response ?

Hi all,

Submitted 175 MODL online on 17 Jan 2008. FL health and police certificates.

But I have not listen from DIAC so far. Online Application Status says "Application received by the Department. Processing of this application has commenced."

Please advise what should I do? Its becoming frustrating..

Bye,
Peace.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:00 pm

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of
Default Re: 175 visa: 10 months and no response ?

As a guide, applications for 175's ar currently being processed up to 07 December 07 (see sticky "current processing times" thread).

An email wont hurt I guess, but be prepared for an automated response from DIAC.

I know its hard being patient, and I'm far far behind in the "queue" mate, but they will get to you shortly I'm sure.

Good luck!

P
x
Old Nov 1st 2008, 11:20 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peace19
Hi all,

Submitted 175 MODL online on 17 Jan 2008. FL health and police certificates.

But I have not listen from DIAC so far. Online Application Status says "Application received by the Department. Processing of this application has commenced."

Please advise what should I do? Its becoming frustrating..

Bye,
Peace.
10 months is not long for you to have been waiting. If you have already sent your police checks and medicals what is it you want to hear about? It's possible you already have a case officer who is working on the information you have provided. We never knew we had a case officer until he sent us a letter saying our visa had been granted.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dorothy
10 months is not long for you to have been waiting. If you have already sent your police checks and medicals what is it you want to hear about? It's possible you already have a case officer who is working on the information you have provided. We never knew we had a case officer until he sent us a letter saying our visa had been granted.
I like the sentence sent us a letter saying our visa had been granted.

Thanks for the advise. I hope I will get soon

Bye,
Peace.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

vr4indian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Man

Please let us know updates from your side.

I amin same queue....

Any idea why it is taking longer than expected or we are expecting much more

Thanks
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vr4indian
Hi Man

Please let us know updates from your side.

I amin same queue....

Any idea why it is taking longer than expected or we are expecting much more

Thanks

No news dear. Still waiting.......

Reason? May be coz I am from high risk country

Good Luck!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

No news dear. Still waiting.......

Reason? May be coz I am from high risk country

Good Luck!
I can not substantiate this with concrete evidence but I guess most of the applicants from high risk countries get their COs by 9-10 months. Given your timeline, its possible that you already have a CO but did not hear from him/her as you front-loaded everything. An e-mail to DIAC could confirm this.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

These are the threads that I don't like to read but for some reason just have to

We have been waiting for over 7 months now with no sign of a CO, we were hoping to get the kids into an Australian school for the new January term but that looks like its out of the window now. The official 7th December date for allocation of COs has only moved forward by 5 weeks in the last 8 months but it will be interesting to see what happens when the lag time is officially over 12 months when that is their quoted processing time for off-shore low risk countries.

Perhaps DIAC is doing this deliberatly to force the OZ government into increasing their funding and resources
Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Wait Wait Wait and Wait......

this the nature..it takes so long i guess..
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by caliburn
I can not ........ An e-mail to DIAC could confirm this.
Do you think I should mail to DIAC and they will reply +vely?

I heard doing phone/mail to DIAC for process status normally slow downs the processing speed.

Bye,
Peace!

Last edited by peace19; Nov 18th 2008 at 11:22 am.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Do you think I should mail to DIAC and they will reply +vely?

I heard doing phone/mail to DIAC for process status normally slow downs the processing speed.

Bye,
Peace!
I don't think DIAC has an institutional rule that it would slow someone's case if he/she inquires about anything. However, lots of indiscriminate inquiries from everyone will definitely eat up on DIAC's staff time and resources and as a result, it could have an impact on the overall processing time for everyone. Here, I am assuming that the same group of staff handling queries are also responsible for processing visa, which I guess is unlikely as they demand different level of skills. In short, I believe a simple querry on your status will not hurt you individually.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

I've sent two email enquiries so far, the first about 2 weeks ago and another a week ago and there's been no response to either

I don't think that ignoring email would require too much staff resource.
Actually, they could outsource this function and for a small fee they could divert all such enquiries to me and I'll ignore them on DIAC's behalf.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RobertC
I've sent two email enquiries so far, the first about 2 weeks ago and another a week ago and there's been no response to either

I don't think that ignoring email would require too much staff resource.
Actually, they could outsource this function and for a small fee they could divert all such enquiries to me and I'll ignore them on DIAC's behalf.
Please keep up the spirit, enthusiasm and humor..... we will need them in the coming months.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 2:19 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caliburn
Please keep up the spirit, enthusiasm and humor..... we will need them in the coming months.

i think DIAS is prioritising the pres-Sep'07 applicants at the moment. they have been waiting for more than a year, so i suggest you be patient and wait for your turn. got my visa after 16 months, being from a 'high-risk' country, applied june'07. dont be impatient as you might get your visa after 16 mos. or even much longer.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

vr4indian is an unknown quantity at this point

I am from same high rish country... india

Got heart when some one say it will take around 16 months

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.