175 & not on CSL

Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

JuilePaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 175 & not on CSL

Hi All

We applied in August 08 for a 175 so would definately be interested to know wot DIAC says about the timeframe!!

We have applied for QLD State Sponsorship in the meantime to hopefully speed the process up slightly but still waiting for their decision!!!

Its so hard putting your life on hold for an indefinate amount of time, not been able to plan/spend anything - im sooooooo close to booking a nice long holiday just to cheer us both up!!

Keep us posted!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

stan.b is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied in September 2008 and i don't expect to see any changes in my process in this year. It seems those from my region who have CLS and apllied before Nov or Dec 2008 have already got the CO, but non CLS people are out of the boat

I aggree, it is not fair to just stop processing of those who don't have CLS\SS and applied before the changes took place for indefinite time. For sure AU government should not just leave the things unchanged as the economical situation is really not easy atm, but they could at least define some time frame when we can expect any changes, even if it is delayed.

As for me I just can't keep waiting for indefinite time because my career is paused at the moment to keep required skills and i also have some plans about my family expansion. I am in doubts what to do - i am almost ready to take new assessment with CLS and spend another 2k$ for the new application, but it means to spend another few stressed months
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

swallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to all

hi all we also applied for 175 visa last june 08.like most we feel like its money down the drain!our agent told us to apply for 176 state sponsered,which was more money!but because we have invested so much time and money we feel we need to try all options.just like everyone else we cant understand how they can take the money and change the criteria dropping us all in it . the worst thing is the not knowing and having to wait for them to contact us. i suppose the fact that so many people want to live there they can please themselves. lets hope we all get some positive news soon to keep our spirits up!
us five
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

well Guys, I am in the same boat as you all are, in dec 08 MODL was the first priority, so I submitted my application with the assumption with in 6 to 9 months I would get the visa, but since then MODL has been relegated to 4th place,

But we should remember that general time line for processing PR visa is 6 to 12 months, and looking at all those who have complained in this thread is less than 12 months, and I think its not reasonable to complain so much when DIAC has not exceeded the deadline , So lets hold on for few more months and I am very sure all will hear the good news,

God bless you all
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

sooperlids is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by shafanm
well Guys, I am in the same boat as you all are, in dec 08 MODL was the first priority, so I submitted my application with the assumption with in 6 to 9 months I would get the visa, but since then MODL has been relegated to 4th place,

But we should remember that general time line for processing PR visa is 6 to 12 months, and looking at all those who have complained in this thread is less than 12 months, and I think its not reasonable to complain so much when DIAC has not exceeded the deadline , So lets hold on for few more months and I am very sure all will hear the good news,

God bless you all
I don't see anybody complaining becuase of the time scales. It's just the changing of the goal posts after taking our money. I expected at least a year wait. The waiting doesn't worry me quite prepared for that. Just don't like the uncertainty. When I applied I was under the impression that if an occupation was removed from the list you were ok. Now that clearly isn't the case. Hopefully they will process some non CSL 175's after July, it seems there is no guarantee though. And if there are loads of people changing to sponsored etc. what happens then? Could be waiting many years Personally I won't be putting our lives on hold for that long.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice

Hi all,We are in the same boat too. OH is a bricklayer and we applied 9th December 08. Have not heard a peep from DIAC since then...our status hasnt chnaged and all docs still saying "required" even though we uploaded them the same time as applying!
We hate the uncertantity like everyone else, and to make it worse we moved into my mother in laws last September to save for OZ!!!!! I DO NOT want to carry on living here if we dont need to!!! I personally think DIAC should offer more information on timelines etc or give us a refund!
Im also finding it hard with the children too...its not fair on them living in limbo land, when they talk about moving to OZ i feel sad as i dont know wheter to tell them we are or are not going! They are only 8 & 4 so dont understand the in's and out's
I am slowly giving up hope!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:14 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sonn
Hi all,We are in the same boat too. OH is a bricklayer and we applied 9th December 08. Have not heard a peep from DIAC since then...our status hasnt chnaged and all docs still saying "required" even though we uploaded them the same time as applying!
We hate the uncertantity like everyone else, and to make it worse we moved into my mother in laws last September to save for OZ!!!!! I DO NOT want to carry on living here if we dont need to!!! I personally think DIAC should offer more information on timelines etc or give us a refund!
Im also finding it hard with the children too...its not fair on them living in limbo land, when they talk about moving to OZ i feel sad as i dont know wheter to tell them we are or are not going! They are only 8 & 4 so dont understand the in's and out's
I am slowly giving up hope!
Hi Sonn, don't panic about your documents still showing as 'required', they will do until you are allocated a case officer, and once a human being looks at your application, their status will change! I too am in the same situation as Primary School Teacher isn't on the CSL or MODL, so I know how you feel....our time will come, I'm sure of it, keep smiling, if you can! Hugs, Jen xo
Old Jun 11th 2009, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by sooperlids
I don't see anybody complaining becuase of the time scales. It's just the changing of the goal posts after taking our money. I expected at least a year wait. The waiting doesn't worry me quite prepared for that. Just don't like the uncertainty. When I applied I was under the impression that if an occupation was removed from the list you were ok. Now that clearly isn't the case. Hopefully they will process some non CSL 175's after July, it seems there is no guarantee though. And if there are loads of people changing to sponsored etc. what happens then? Could be waiting many years Personally I won't be putting our lives on hold for that long.
Perhaps we all should send a emil to Hon. Minister Crist Evans, Cannot blame DIAC for the situation we are in they are just following the orders of the Minister, If we could individually highlight our plight to the Minister may be something might happen, at least he could instruct DIAC to adivce what's the current planning for Non CSL.

I think if we could send about 35-40 mails with in one or two days that will have a tremendous impact.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

dasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond repute

And what the email of Crist Evans is?

You won't believe me but I am an August 2007 applicant on MODL. I was hoping to get my visa on March but nothing...... I'm really disappointed.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

dasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond repute

I sent an email to Cris Evans, you can find it here http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/contacts/
Old Jun 11th 2009, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dasalcedo
I sent an email to Cris Evans, you can find it here http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/contacts/
hi dascalcedo
thats very smart of you, tell us did you receive any reply to you letter, anyway I'll be shooting my letter very shortly,

anyonelse who has written to the Minister and got feedback, please share you experience with us

cheers
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:13 am
Just Joined

rohith122 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the same Boat as well, applied in July 08 , hope the boat doesnt sink atleast. Now feeling like sailing the never ending sea.

Meanwhile I will take a study break and go to UK for a year or two. I think thats the best thing I can do now. Hope to get the 175 by then.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shafanm
Perhaps we all should send a emil to Hon. Minister Crist Evans, Cannot blame DIAC for the situation we are in they are just following the orders of the Minister, If we could individually highlight our plight to the Minister may be something might happen, at least he could instruct DIAC to adivce what's the current planning for Non CSL.

I think if we could send about 35-40 mails with in one or two days that will have a tremendous impact.
Not a bad idea. I take it the main thrust of the arguments is that our money has been taken for processing an application with no indication of when or if that might actually happen? Perhaps it would be more honest and reasonable if they did not take payment until a person comes along and actually picks up the file for the first time.

My personal circumstances are that I do not actually care if it takes a couple of years to get my visa, but I appreciate it is different for other people. And I still feel that this taking payment without telling people that they could be wiating two or three years is morally wrong.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

mango4 will become famous soon enough

Hi

I too emailed and wrote to Chris Evan's office and got the same reply both times! The reply states that other options are available; ss , regional sponsored temporary, and ens. I had explained my situation fully in that I could not apply for any other type of visa.

The second reply basically said tough luck, and just that the changes did not affect my entitlement and that my application would be processed at some time (absolutley no timescale given).

Worth a try though I suppose.

Good luck all
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mango4
Hi

I too emailed and wrote to Chris Evan's office and got the same reply both times! The reply states that other options are available; ss , regional sponsored temporary, and ens. I had explained my situation fully in that I could not apply for any other type of visa.

The second reply basically said tough luck, and just that the changes did not affect my entitlement and that my application would be processed at some time (absolutley no timescale given).

Worth a try though I suppose.

Good luck all

Lets keeping sending emial much as we can, I think then they are bound to take the matter serously, One or two isolated
maild on the subject will not make much of a dent,

cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.