175 none CSL applicants

Old Apr 24th 2009, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold
Default 175 none CSL applicants

Being one of the unlucky ones who's in the 175 none CSL queue, I'd just thought I'd see how many others there are of us, and how you are coping with not knowing when your visa will come through now.

We'd originally though back when we applying in Oct 08 that we might be lucky and get our visa granted by June/July 2009 as that seemed to be the timescale people were getting them done back in 2008. But with the rule changes in January we now face an undefined wait so how are you adapting to this?

We have decided to go to Oz early on a WHV and will be landing in Brissy on 3rd June this year, with the plan to wait and hope your 175 is granted by June 2010. Fingers crossed it will be!

Anyone else in the same position?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future
Default Re: 175 none CSL applicants

Originally Posted by AndyR
Being one of the unlucky ones who's in the 175 none CSL queue, I'd just thought I'd see how many others there are of us, and how you are coping with not knowing when your visa will come through now.

We'd originally though back when we applying in Oct 08 that we might be lucky and get our visa granted by June/July 2009 as that seemed to be the timescale people were getting them done back in 2008. But with the rule changes in January we now face an undefined wait so how are you adapting to this?

We have decided to go to Oz early on a WHV and will be landing in Brissy on 3rd June this year, with the plan to wait and hope your 175 is granted by June 2010. Fingers crossed it will be!

Anyone else in the same position?
Hi

We have applied for 175 (March 09). Heard TRA was successful (fitter) the same day news came that we were no longer on the CSL. Absolutely devastated by the fact that a year could pass with no news as to whether we stand a chance of getting a visa. Like many others thought it would be done and dusted within 12mths.

Have also looked at state sponsorship, but unfortunately fitter isnt on the occupations list for Victoria. I have lots of family there and its where we hoped to settle.

Have got to stay positive, there are probably many others behind us in the queue.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ajmonty
Hi

We have applied for 175 (March 09). Heard TRA was successful (fitter) the same day news came that we were no longer on the CSL. Absolutely devastated by the fact that a year could pass with no news as to whether we stand a chance of getting a visa. Like many others thought it would be done and dusted within 12mths.

Have also looked at state sponsorship, but unfortunately fitter isnt on the occupations list for Victoria. I have lots of family there and its where we hoped to settle.

Have got to stay positive, there are probably many others behind us in the queue.
Know how you feel. We applied Oct and thought we would be fine for 12 months until the changes in Janurary.

Also looked at state sponsorship but the only state that will accept my job (IT systems manager) is ACT so Canberra, which wasn't where we wanted to go so have to wait now.

Frustrating isn't it!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Bev_n is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there!!

We're not applying Just yet because I still need to get my 12 months experience behind me. We're planning to lodge our application in July 2010 after we're married but i'm just researching at the mo. When we do lodge our application we'll be in the same boat too. Primary teacher isn't on the CSL anymore so I can't get sponsored to go to queensland so i'll have to take the long route too. So we we're hoping to get a WHV and Go out while our application is being processed. The only problem is, the 175 visas are taking 18-24 months to process and the WHV is 12 months so we'd have to do 3 months work in regional australia to be able to qualify for a second WHV. So we'll apply for that while we're there and then when our visa finaly comes through we'll have to leave the country so that our visa can be activated I think.

Thats the plan at the moment anyway, just wish I didn't have to wait so long, I wanna go now

Hope all goes well for you!!

Bev xx
Old Apr 25th 2009, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bev_n
Hi there!!

We're not applying Just yet because I still need to get my 12 months experience behind me. We're planning to lodge our application in July 2010 after we're married but i'm just researching at the mo. When we do lodge our application we'll be in the same boat too. Primary teacher isn't on the CSL anymore so I can't get sponsored to go to queensland so i'll have to take the long route too. So we we're hoping to get a WHV and Go out while our application is being processed. The only problem is, the 175 visas are taking 18-24 months to process and the WHV is 12 months so we'd have to do 3 months work in regional australia to be able to qualify for a second WHV. So we'll apply for that while we're there and then when our visa finaly comes through we'll have to leave the country so that our visa can be activated I think.

Thats the plan at the moment anyway, just wish I didn't have to wait so long, I wanna go now

Hope all goes well for you!!

Bev xx
Same logic for us with the WHV and being there for 12 months while we wait. Hope all goes well with you too!
Old Apr 25th 2009, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future

I wish we could go on WHV, but with two children at school age, a house and jobs, that seems a bit too complicated.

Do you have the opportunity to take career break from work?

I'm actually quite jealous
Old Apr 25th 2009, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AndyR
Same logic for us with the WHV and being there for 12 months while we wait. Hope all goes well with you too!
Hi

we too applied in Oct for 175 Oh carpenter. we have since been taken off the CSL list but we wanted to go to Brisbane / Gold Coast so we have opted for SS QLD.

we applied 20/03/09 and our application was received 23/03/09. we have had the acknowledgement email and it states 8-10 weeks to process.... which dosent seem bad.

i really feel for you all that are not on the CSL or the SS list of your choice.

we have opted for SS as we feel it will be quicker although not as quick as the 175 would have been had we still been on the CSL

cheryl xx
Old Apr 25th 2009, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lyndhurst
Hi

we too applied in Oct for 175 Oh carpenter. we have since been taken off the CSL list but we wanted to go to Brisbane / Gold Coast so we have opted for SS QLD.

we applied 20/03/09 and our application was received 23/03/09. we have had the acknowledgement email and it states 8-10 weeks to process.... which dosent seem bad.

i really feel for you all that are not on the CSL or the SS list of your choice.

we have opted for SS as we feel it will be quicker although not as quick as the 175 would have been had we still been on the CSL

cheryl xx
Hi Cheryl

Good luck with state sponsorship. I just wish I could turn the clock back to this time last year, when we decided to take the plunge, I could be sitting in the garden having a BBQ and a few glasses of wine now!

Must be patient!
Old Apr 25th 2009, 6:50 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the same situation...not nice being in 'limbo-land' is it?! Wish I'd got the ball rolling when my house was bursting @ the seams with equity etc etc etc...but hindsight is wonderful, or so they say!

Aw well...let's take a seat in this waiting room they call the UK... and I'll race you all to the finish line! WAHEY!!!! LOL
Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

We are also in same boat applied Oct 2008, was expecting well hoping for some form of news june/july. We debated doing SS QLD but want to be in NSW so we are just sitting here waiting however it isnt so bad as other things have took off so it is a nice distractiong until we hear .... were did you hear it is taking 18 to 24 months for a 175?
Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:19 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris N Lora
We are also in same boat applied Oct 2008, was expecting well hoping for some form of news june/july. We debated doing SS QLD but want to be in NSW so we are just sitting here waiting however it isnt so bad as other things have took off so it is a nice distractiong until we hear .... were did you hear it is taking 18 to 24 months for a 175?
Nobody knows how long it's gonna take, any figures anyone places on it, are purely speculation! Nightmare though isn't it....
Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

As i said in another post, I agree they need the CSL/SS, but I feel all pre jan 09 applications should of run alongside the CSL/SS.

what surprises me is you get all the people who lodged in feb/march 09 moan they have been taken off the CSL list .

Hopefully they will be behind 08 applicants but hey who cares really
e
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

debi_wayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lyndhurst
Hi

cheryl xx
Hi Ceryl, can I just ask when you say your ss was acknowledged within 3 days, can I ask did you post or courier? Did acknowledgement arrive via email?

I am also 175 taken off CSL (modl at least). We have applied for ss for QLD even though we wanted to be in NSW, will spend 2 years in QLD over 2 years in UK??

Join you in the wait though untill ss comes through (if they don't change the rules again).
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Ryem78 is an unknown quantity at this point

We applied in Aug 08 through an agency - MODL (non CSL) and LR. Front loaded all our forms - medical, police, character etc (last outstanding doc was submitted in Jan). Our visa agent said we should get the visa by Dec, then with the delay of our last doc she said we should receive it in Jan/Feb.

We decided to risk it and book flights to Thailand on 14th June, and then on to Sydney on 16th Aug.... Because there's no sign of the visa though we've decided this weekend we'll have to cancel our flights.

Tenants move into our flat in a few weeks, all our farewells are booked... We could risk it and head off to Thailand for 2 months, but if our visa doesn't come through by Aug we'd have to start eating into our savings which we don't want to do given the current economic climate.

Turns out we could have applied as CSL all along - all OH had to do is sit the IELTS test! (accountants sit on MODL and CSL) I just wish we found out months ago, rather than last week. :curse:

And yes I know you're not meant to book flights before getting a visa, blah blah blah. We were stupid I admit it. We felt we needed to set a date to get the hell out here, so we did.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I am uploading my online 175 MODL non CSL in the next day or two, once I have got a couple of statutory declarations done. I am an accountant but like the person above me have not done IELTS so non-CSL. I have to get my application in soon though as I have been taking time off work and no time to do the IELTS now.

But I do not feel at all negative about the wait. Nope, I would rather wait a year or two and give the economy time to pick up a bit than have my husband pack in his job and go there and find neither of us can find work. Also hope UK house prices will have picked up by then. So we will just be patient, enjoy and not put life on hold here, Australia is not going anywhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.