Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

175 - Application submitted but why i have been presented with this???

175 - Application submitted but why i have been presented with this???

Old Oct 14th 2009, 5:02 pm
Banned

AusMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 175 - Application submitted but why i have been presented with this???

Hello everyone!!!

I am a newbie on this forum but i have been reading posts on this forum. Today, i have submitted my online 175 VE application to DIAC. My family includes 5 other non migrating members and I am applying alone. I have mentioned this in my application that there is no family member migrating with me. I have checked it again in the printed copy of my application that no family member was selected in migrating category.

When i submitted my online application, i was asked to visit some links that were recommended. One of the link when clicked; opened a page which was asking for details including medicals of all the members of my family (non-migrating) as well as my details. Why is that so?

Do we need to have medicals of all the family members? (migrating and non-migrating)???

Please see attached file for the page i am refering to. Can some one please let me know if there is any issue? Why details of my non-migrating family members have been asked????
Attached Thumbnails 175 - Application submitted but why i have been presented with this???-checklist.jpg  
Old Oct 14th 2009, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 175 - Application submitted but why i have been presented with this???

Is it possible you listed them as non migrating dependents? As opposed to family members..?

Non migrating dependents have to undergo medicals, just in case they try to migrate in the future on the strength of ou having PR.

If your family members are not dependent, then I would suggest that you fill in and upload the correction of errors form to your documents area to state that they are not dependents, it is form 1023 I think.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 6:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 175 - Application submitted but why i have been presented with this???

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Is it possible you listed them as non migrating dependents? As opposed to family members..?

Non migrating dependents have to undergo medicals, just in case they try to migrate in the future on the strength of ou having PR.

If your family members are not dependent, then I would suggest that you fill in and upload the correction of errors form to your documents area to state that they are not dependents, it is form 1023 I think.
Yes, partly depends on who the family members are. For instance if they are your children, then they are dependent, and you will need to have medicals done for them, migrating or not.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 6:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes, partly depends on who the family members are. For instance if they are your children, then they are dependent, and you will need to have medicals done for them, migrating or not.
Thank You for your valueable inputs, actually the members are my father, mother, 2 brothers and a sister. I think they are not considered as dependants by DIAC. Although they all are dependant on me financially. I think i should upload form 1023 and ask them to move my family from non-migrating dependants to 'Other family Members'. Any thing else??
Old Oct 14th 2009, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AusMan
Thank You for your valueable inputs, actually the members are my father, mother, 2 brothers and a sister. I think they are not considered as dependants by DIAC. Although they all are dependant on me financially. I think i should upload form 1023 and ask them to move my family from non-migrating dependants to 'Other family Members'. Any thing else??
If they are all literally dependent upon you (I assume you are not in the UK which has a welfare state) then they are your dependents and will need to all do the medicals.

I have read of some cases where the applicant did not admit to having any dependents at the application stage but then wanted to bring parents over to Australia because they were dependent upon them! Not a good approach.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 9:35 pm
Banned

Token is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
If they are all literally dependent upon you (I assume you are not in the UK which has a welfare state) then they are your dependents and will need to all do the medicals.

I have read of some cases where the applicant did not admit to having any dependents at the application stage but then wanted to bring parents over to Australia because they were dependent upon them! Not a good approach.
One interesting point from your post,

Suppose I have PR, do I face issues if I want to sponsor some one from my family for a visit trip which was included in the category of 'Other family Members'???? Can one only sponsor a family members under 'Non Migrating Dependants'???
Old Oct 14th 2009, 10:21 pm
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!!!

I am a newbie on this forum but i have been reading posts on this forum. Today, i have submitted my online 175 VE application to DIAC. My family includes 5 other non migrating members and I am applying alone. I have mentioned this in my application that there is no family member migrating with me. I have checked it again in the printed copy of my application that no family member was selected in migrating category.

When i submitted my online application, i was asked to visit some links that were recommended. One of the link when clicked; opened a page which was asking for details including medicals of all the members of my family (non-migrating) as well as my details. Why is that so?

Do we need to have medicals of all the family members? (migrating and non-migrating)???

Please see attached file for the page i am refering to. Can some one please let me know if there is any issue? Why details of my non-migrating family members have been asked????
Well, after getting my PR, i was more of a silent/readonly user of this forum but your post has forced me to write down some thing.

And I am sure my post would bring some users to this discussion board. I just checked my copy of application form, i had my parents, brothers and sisters included as 'Non Migrating Dependants' but I was never asked for their medicals. I do not remember this form that you have attached. I submitted only my medical and i got my PR without any issue. I am not sure if DIAC has changed rules about medicals of 'Non Migrating Dependants' recenlty.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 10:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mukesam
Well, after getting my PR, i was more of a silent/readonly user of this forum but your post has forced me to write down some thing.

And I am sure my post would bring some users to this discussion board. I just checked my copy of application form, i had my parents, brothers and sisters included as 'Non Migrating Dependants' but I was never asked for their medicals. I do not remember this form that you have attached. I submitted only my medical and i got my PR without any issue. I am not sure if DIAC has changed rules about medicals of 'Non Migrating Dependants' recenlty.
Thanks Mukesam,

Another interesting thing is that when I submitted my application, i was presented with a page that had 4,5 links. I opened all of them so don't remember which one produced my attached page but now when I login to my online application, I see only one applicant that is me, all other family memebers are not there as applicant 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 as shown in attached file. I have opened all links from my online application now but could not locate this attached file. Can some one let me know how can i get to this file again? My online application is only asking for my medicals etc only. There is no other applicant or medicals required as it was shown in attached file.

Another issue is if you see my attached file, there is progress bar at the top, but that page only had two buttons, 'Print' and 'Close' but there was no 'Next' or 'Back' button. I just wonder, why there is a progress bar if i can not move ahead from this page??

Any one faced this issue?

Last edited by AusMan; Oct 14th 2009 at 10:36 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 11:52 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone!!!

What other family members are they? Is it a wife and 4 children or parents and siblings?
Old Oct 15th 2009, 5:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Token

Suppose I have PR, do I face issues if I want to sponsor some one from my family for a visit trip which was included in the category of 'Other family Members'???? Can one only sponsor a family members under 'Non Migrating Dependants'???
I meant bring the parents over permanently, I don't know about visit trips.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 5:44 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Token

If you want to sponsor parents or family members for a visit they apply for a 676 visa at the time they want to visit. Usually it takes a few weeks for this visa, so make sure they apply in lots of time. Check out the DIAC website for visitor visas and whether your country qualifies for ETA www.immi.gov.au You do not put them as non-migrating dependents on your application at all. They simply go in as "other" family members.