175 Application refused - questions!

Old Jun 21st 2012, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

dudeybear is on a distinguished road
Question 175 Application refused - questions!

Hi everyone

My husband applied for a 175 GSM but it was refused as his approved ACS assessment was not uploaded at time of application lodgement it was uploaded 2 weeks later(!).

Everything else was in place: passport, marriage cert, IELTS, quals - all certified.

My questions are:
Is there a time limit before we can reapply?
Does this refusal constitute a visa refusal (we've previously travelled to OZ on tourist visas without issue) and there's a question on the online form regarding visa/entry refusal - it's unclear whether we should say 'yes' because of the refusal of this application(?)
I understand that Police and health checks are done when requested by DIAC(?)
Can the Character reference (Form 80?) and proof of relationship (we've been married almost 9 years) be uploaded after the initial lodgement of application (?)
Anything else that I should be aware of ?

Any help in these matters would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:09 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 175 Application refused - questions!

Hi everyone

My husband applied for a 175 GSM but it was refused as his approved ACS assessment was not uploaded at time of application lodgement it was uploaded 2 weeks later(!).

Everything else was in place: passport, marriage cert, IELTS, quals - all certified.

My questions are:
Originally Posted by dudeybear
No, you can apply today if you have everything in order
Does this refusal constitute a visa refusal (we've previously travelled to OZ on tourist visas without issue) and there's a question on the online form regarding visa/entry refusal - it's unclear whether we should say 'yes' because of the refusal of this application(?)
You've already answered your own question. Your husband was refused a visa. The answer is yes.
Can the Character reference (Form 80?) and proof of relationship (we've been married almost 9 years) be uploaded after the initial lodgement of application (?)
Yes. Bear in mind that your police check and medicals are only valid for 12 months so don't do those until requested by a case officer
Yes. The rules are changing on 1 July to EOI. If you have everything ready then I would say apply before 30 June (Australia time, so 29 June UK time)
Everything that is required (with the exception of police checks and medicals) is required at the time of application. Upload everything as soon as you apply.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

My questions are:

Not uploaded? As in you had it but didn't upload it or you didn't have it..? I always understood you had 28 days to upload bu tit is VERY clear that you have to have obtained the positive skills assessment at the time of application.

Not sure what is tripping you up with the question "have you ever been refused a visa?". You have just said you have been refused a visa so the answer is pretty obvious is it not?
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 12:25 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Not uploaded? As in you had it but didn't upload it or you didn't have it..? I always understood you had 28 days to upload bu tit is VERY clear that you have to have obtained the positive skills assessment at the time of application.

Not sure what is tripping you up with the question "have you ever been refused a visa?". You have just said you have been refused a visa so the answer is pretty obvious is it not?
+1

I was wondering if it was a case of hadn't received it but applied, or had it but didn't upload too.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Thank you all for clarify these issues - I'll explain and have 2 more queries for clarification if someone would be kind enough to reply.

RE: the assessment issue - We had applied for the ACS and had an assessment reference number but not an approved assessment - which we received and then consequently uploaded. A costly but genuine mistake - even though I'd noted it had to be there on lodgement (!).

We now have everything in place.

RE: Relationship - I'm still insure regarding the relationship evidence on lodgement - is the marriage certificate sufficient? or should we be preparing documentation for either lodgement or in anticipation of them asking for it (as with the health and police checks)?

RE: - refusal - will this initial refusal have any impact on this 2nd application?

Sorry to be thick - but after 1 costly error we're now doubting our ability to make a cup of tea ;-)

Thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 10:49 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for clarify these issues - I'll explain and have 2 more queries for clarification if someone would be kind enough to reply.

RE: the assessment issue - We had applied for the ACS and had an assessment reference number but not an approved assessment - which we received and then consequently uploaded. A costly but genuine mistake - even though I'd noted it had to be there on lodgement (!).

We now have everything in place.
Yes costly, but not really a genuine mistake if you acknowledge that you noted it had to be there on lodgement.

RE: Relationship - I'm still insure regarding the relationship evidence on lodgement - is the marriage certificate sufficient? or should we be preparing documentation for either lodgement or in anticipation of them asking for it (as with the health and police checks)?
Yes. Your marriage certificate is sufficient.
RE: - refusal - will this initial refusal have any impact on this 2nd application?
No.

Sorry to be thick - but after 1 costly error we're now doubting our ability to make a cup of tea ;-)

Thanks
Just read thoroughly what you need to do and make sure you do it before you lodge your new applicatoin.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Dave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond repute

Bit confused by this. When I applied for my 176 the last page of the visa application recommended that you download now but does say you have 28 days to put your documents on. For instance it is only in the email received two days after application that requested Form 80 and the documents used to get skills assessed. This email also mentions the 28 days.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 11:30 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave1892
Bit confused by this. When I applied for my 176 the last page of the visa application recommended that you download now but does say you have 28 days to put your documents on. For instance it is only in the email received two days after application that requested Form 80 and the documents used to get skills assessed. This email also mentions the 28 days.
The OP didn't have a positive skills assessment at the time of lodgement. That is why their visa application was refused - not because of the 28 day rule.

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Jun 22nd 2012 at 11:31 am. Reason: Stupid autocorrect!
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your responses. Much appreciated.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave1892
It also very clearly states at the beginning that you must have a skills assessment at the time of applying. OP did not, hence the refusal.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 10:51 am
Just Joined

JustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura about

Hi everyone

My questions are:

Hi Dudeybear

You need to make sure they formally close your application on their system before you re-apply other wise when you try to re-apply it will say you can't as there is already one open under your name in the system. I think they give you 28 days to produce further evidence before they close it so if you want it done before the 1st July changes email your case officer ASAP and ask if they can do it straight away so you can re-apply (hopefully they will do it within a few days)

The visa refusal will not affect you re-application but you will need to declare it in your new application when it asks if you have ever been refused a visa and explain why, including your 1st application reference number (there is also a similar question on Form 80).

I know you are kicking yourself for not getting it right first time, we made the same mistake with our IELTS results back in Jan and had to re-apply again last month!! Just have to be grateful you found out about this before 1st July Also they seen to be processing applications quite quickly at the moment so you might not have lost too much time...just your bank balance

Hope your re-application goes well
Justjulia
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 11:32 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by JustJulia
Hi Dudeybear

You need to make sure they formally close your application on their system before you re-apply other wise when you try to re-apply it will say you can't as there is already one open under your name in the system. I think they give you 28 days to produce further evidence before they close it so if you want it done before the 1st July changes email your case officer ASAP and ask if they can do it straight away so you can re-apply (hopefully they will do it within a few days)
Their application is already closed. It's been refused, with no avenue for appeal, so therefore closed. And no, they will not be given 28 days to produce further evidence before they close it. The application was invalid from the start, was refused, and is now closed.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again - that's really helpful. Just starting to complete a new application so could do with some clarification on the visa refusal info!

Under the 'refused entry permit or visa' we've declared 'yes' then completed my husband's details, type of visa 'skilled' and the additional information (reason they've provided in their decision email to us)

For my own details does the visa type stay as 'skilled'? (as in the emaill it has me as 'second applicant' even though we're not using my skills for points)

Sorry for the questions - just don't want to get it wrong

cheers
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 10:51 pm
Still alive

Thanks again - that's really helpful. Just starting to complete a new application so could do with some clarification on the visa refusal info!

Under the 'refused entry permit or visa' we've declared 'yes' then completed my husband's details, type of visa 'skilled' and the additional information (reason they've provided in their decision email to us)

For my own details does the visa type stay as 'skilled'? (as in the emaill it has me as 'second applicant' even though we're not using my skills for points)

Sorry for the questions - just don't want to get it wrong

cheers
The visa type for both of you is the same. You were both refused the same visa.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

angry-ball is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Their application is already closed. It's been refused, with no avenue for appeal, so therefore closed. And no, they will not be given 28 days to produce further evidence before they close it. The application was invalid from the start, was refused, and is now closed.
I don't know about that,
my application was classed as invalid because i made a mistake and uploaded the wrong documents, so DIAC sent me an email informing that my application was invalid and had been closed, they also said because application was classed as invalid i could get my application fee back. anyhow long story short, I immediatly emailed them and outlined how I made a mistake and said that I could upload the correct documentation immediatly if this was satisfactory. They responded immediatly saying to send on the proper documents and they would re-open my case so i sent them straight away, had the visa the next morning when i checked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.