175 or 176

Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

pjmills is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 175 or 176

I have just received my ACS letter back and it accessed me based on 2231-79 but doesnt mention what field. It listed my last 3 jobs including 'Senior System Administrator', Network Engineer, PC Support Technician'. I have also recently completed my IELTS and got scores all above 7.
I was initially intending on applying for 175 Visa but after the changes and new SOL I am not sure what to do. I then looked at 176 Visa but noticed Queensland or WA do not list anything like my profession. I also realise they will be releasing new requirements in a couple months.
I was posting because I would like some advice please. I would ideally prefer the 175 Visa. Can I apply for this even though I am not on the SOL? Would the procedure just take a lot longer if I am not on SOL or would it get rejected? I am happy to wait as understand I would be last in the priority list.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

simfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nice
Default Re: 175 or 176

Hi,
It's better to apply for 175 now, though your current occupation is not listed on the SOL priority.

However as soon as OZ States release their occupation lists within next two months(Victoria by 1st September 2010), you can apply for state sponsorship based on which State lists your occupation or so, and then automatically it will be converted from 175 into 176. In this way, you can save your time, and speed up the process.

But if you are immigrating under 176, you have to live in that state for 2 years before moving to another State.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Thank you.
I am intending to save some money and wouldnt move for at least 3yrs time anyway so hopefully by then I may have a 175 Visa.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

I re-checked the governments website and I dont think I can apply for 175 anyway as it requires a skill on the SOL which I do no longer have.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

abeersalik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simfaisal
Hi,
It's better to apply for 175 now, though your current occupation is not listed on the SOL priority.

However as soon as OZ States release their occupation lists within next two months(Victoria by 1st September 2010), you can apply for state sponsorship based on which State lists your occupation or so, and then automatically it will be converted from 175 into 176. In this way, you can save your time, and speed up the process.

But if you are immigrating under 176, you have to live in that state for 2 years before moving to another State.
Please read carefully the document as follows:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-july-2010.pdf

It says:

All other applications – priority group 4
Applicants with a nominated occupation that is not on the SOL - Schedule 3 in effect at 1 July 2010 and who are not employer sponsored or nominated by a state or territory government under a state migration plan, will be processed under priority group 4.
Applicants with a nominated occupation that is not on the SOL – Schedule 3 in effect at 1 July 2010 can only move into a higher priority group by lodging a new application with an employer sponsorship or a state or territory government nomination in an occupation specified under a state migration plan. Alternatively, applicants can only nominate a different occupation that is on the SOL – Schedule 3 by lodging a new application. It is not possible to change a nominated occupation or to change to an employer sponsored or state nominated visa category, unless a new application is lodged. A new application would require the payment of a new Visa Application Charge.

Pjmills, if you can wait for 175 not being on SOL then why don't you wait few more months and see what SMPs are?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Thanks that makes a lot more sense to wait a couple months.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

acotiga will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pjmills
Thanks that makes a lot more sense to wait a couple months.
While you may be able to apply for 175 if you have a skill that is in Schedule 2, you will NOT be able to convert 175 to 176 because new regulations say that you HAVE to have the State Sponsorship WHEN you APPLY!

So, if you are on Schedule 2 and not 3 and you skill will be probably included in a state's SMP, you would better take your time and wait till you have an approved SS from SMP, most likely after 1st of Sept.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:20 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abeersalik
Please read carefully the document as follows:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-july-2010.pdf

It says:

All other applications – priority group 4
Applicants with a nominated occupation that is not on the SOL - Schedule 3 in effect at 1 July 2010 and who are not employer sponsored or nominated by a state or territory government under a state migration plan, will be processed under priority group 4.
Applicants with a nominated occupation that is not on the SOL – Schedule 3 in effect at 1 July 2010 can only move into a higher priority group by lodging a new application with an employer sponsorship or a state or territory government nomination in an occupation specified under a state migration plan. Alternatively, applicants can only nominate a different occupation that is on the SOL – Schedule 3 by lodging a new application. It is not possible to change a nominated occupation or to change to an employer sponsored or state nominated visa category, unless a new application is lodged. A new application would require the payment of a new Visa Application Charge.

Pjmills, if you can wait for 175 not being on SOL then why don't you wait few more months and see what SMPs are?
If your occupation is not on the SOL then you can't apply for a 175 - simple.

The above quote is for anyone who applied BEFORE 1 Jul 10 and whose occupation is now no longer on schedule 3.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN

The above quote is for anyone who applied BEFORE 1 Jul 10 and whose occupation is now no longer on schedule 3.
Ahh. Sory. I miss read. I thought you already applied.

Then it's like this:

If it's on SOL2 you can apply but you will be category 4. so 3 years if ever.

If you're SOL3, go ahead.

If you're SOL4 you have to wait until you have SS under SMP.

It's NOT possible to:

Apply for 175 based on SOL2 and when you have SS change to 176. It's a MUST to HAVE SS when you APPLY!!!

So, wait.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN

Thanks for correcting.

Bottom line is 'pjmills' has to wait for SMPs.

Regards
Old Sep 8th 2010, 9:26 am
Just Joined

limucc is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 175 or 176

Originally Posted by acotiga
While you may be able to apply for 175 if you have a skill that is in Schedule 2, you will NOT be able to convert 175 to 176 because new regulations say that you HAVE to have the State Sponsorship WHEN you APPLY!

So, if you are on Schedule 2 and not 3 and you skill will be probably included in a state's SMP, you would better take your time and wait till you have an approved SS from SMP, most likely after 1st of Sept.

May I now lodge 176 application sponsored by relative, and in the future change to 176 SMP, if I get a SS under SMP in a couple of months?
Old Sep 8th 2010, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by limucc
May I now lodge 176 application sponsored by relative, and in the future change to 176 SMP, if I get a SS under SMP in a couple of months?
No. Must have state sponsorship when lodging.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by acotiga
No. Must have state sponsorship when lodging.
not necessarily so. I had relative sponsored 176 which I later converted to State Sponsored 176. The category VE- (175, 176) all are same on the outset. Only the internal conditions vary a bit. If conversion from VE-175 to 176 is possible so is Relative sponsored VE-176 to State Sponsored VE-176.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Advice as received from QLD Skilled & Business Migration, Department of Employment, Economic Development & Innovation ([email protected]) as per priority announcement is as follows:

Advice recently from DIAC is that you have to reapply if you are going to change visa subclasses

It is valid for all priority groups.

Hope this is helpful.

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson
not necessarily so. I had relative sponsored 176 which I later converted to State Sponsored 176. The category VE- (175, 176) all are same on the outset. Only the internal conditions vary a bit. If conversion from VE-175 to 176 is possible so is Relative sponsored VE-176 to State Sponsored VE-176.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson
Yes, but this is because you applied prior to July 2010. Don't give erroneous advices. On the website it clearly states that when you apply you have to have the sponsorship. A lot of things were allowed not so long ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.