Is it 175 or 176

Old Aug 14th 2009, 4:40 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa got stamped as 175..need little help

Hello All,

I asked the same question from VIC. They never replied back. Again I sent one email to them to assist me in this saying I got 175 visa though I accepted VIC ss and converted to 176. I asked, I still intend to live in VIC, but if under any unforeseen circumstances, Can I move to other state before 2 years? Or As I have 175 visa now, am I free to fly anywhere in the AUS..This is what they have replied:

Dear Amandeep SHARMA,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are unable to assist you with this enquiry and suggest you contact your case officer at the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) to discuss.

Please quote Reference Number : SS-2XXX-0XXXXX in all of your communication to us.

I have sent one email to my agent to get it clarified from DIAC..but My agent told me few few days back that no need to consult VIC and DIAC as I have got 175. But still I want peace of mind and don't wana mess up with DIAC..So again I have asked my agent to follow up with DIAC..

any advice from you guys?

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
Thanks for your reply..but you did not get my question... I applied for 176 ... I accpted VIC SS..but I have been given 175 .. I don't want to mess with any rule or may be just moral obligation in near future...But if it is 175 then its ok..but still bothred...I think i need to make it clear with DIAC and VIC ...
Old Aug 14th 2009, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

withorn is an unknown quantity at this point

I have sent one email to my agent to get it clarified from DIAC..but My agent told me few few days back that no need to consult VIC and DIAC as I have got 175. But still I want peace of mind and don't wana mess up with DIAC..So again I have asked my agent to follow up with DIAC..
I would call it paranoia...

Dont be overly worried....If its 175 visa, you have all legal rights to live anywhere mean whole Australia is open for you....... ,Just chill...enjoy your time...

Last edited by withorn; Aug 14th 2009 at 4:51 am.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

ritu1234 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your reply..but you did not get my question... I applied for 176 ... I accpted VIC SS..but I have been given 175 .. I don't want to mess with any rule or may be just moral obligation in near future...But if it is 175 then its ok..but still bothred...I think i need to make it clear with DIAC and VIC ...
All the best for your visa.
It is for my concern,VE 175 /VE 176,, is the same skilled independent visa class.But only the visa 176 has an condition that u must live and work the states which u have applied and sponsored, for two year.I am also got co mail,it is also ve 175.Becaz u have converted 175 -176 so the co have separate form for your convention is 1100.So the diac has new rule u dont need reapply for changing the visa class.It means 175-176.I think u can understand my point.
Thanks
Ritu
Old Aug 14th 2009, 6:39 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I really did not get what you trying to explain. If it is 176, stamp on passport will contain 176 clearly. But my visa is 175 ..on passport also they mentioned it 175 only!!

Even my agent confirmed its 175( I scanned the visa page and sent it to him).

Any advice guys? Am I free to fly anywhere in the AUS? Will it create any problem for me in future?

Originally Posted by ritu1234
All the best for your visa.
It is for my concern,VE 175 /VE 176,, is the same skilled independent visa class.But only the visa 176 has an condition that u must live and work the states which u have applied and sponsored, for two year.I am also got co mail,it is also ve 175.Becaz u have converted 175 -176 so the co have separate form for your convention is 1100.So the diac has new rule u dont need reapply for changing the visa class.It means 175-176.I think u can understand my point.
Thanks
Ritu
Old Aug 14th 2009, 6:48 am
ajt
Forum Regular

ajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really nice

I really did not get what you trying to explain. If it is 176, stamp on passport will contain 176 clearly. But my visa is 175 ..on passport also they mentioned it 175 only!!

Any advice guys? Am I free to fly anywhere in the AUS? Will it create any problem for me in future?

Aman
IMHO....you can stay anywhere in Aus because it is obvious that you have a 175 visa
Old Aug 14th 2009, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

ritu1234 will become famous soon enough

Dear Friend,
I just tell you.Your application is under ve176,Becaz the state sponsored you.And i just remember, if you not get the state sponsor you wont get the first priority for your co.Mainly you have lodged already your main application as ve175,and the diac allows a new rules you can convert your application to ve176,without withdrawn your old application.As result you got your visa as ve175.But the condition on ve176 is valid for two years.So you have to keep your promise for your sponsor state.It means if your visa is ve 175 as consider ve 176.it is for my opinion,But you have to consult experience agent
Ritu
Old Aug 14th 2009, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

waitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant futurewaitncount has a brilliant future

Dear Aman and all,

Yes, you probably have right to live and travel anywhere in Australia. BBut, on the other hand what about the letter you signed with WA. You should respect the agreement you signed. The agreement alos still applies, isn't it?

So, enven if you have 175, by the valid agreement you signed with WA, WA has every right to make you stay and work in their territory. However, it is not clear cut.

Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by waitncount
Dear Aman and all,

Yes, you probably have right to live and travel anywhere in Australia. BBut, on the other hand what about the letter you signed with WA. You should respect the agreement you signed. The agreement alos still applies, isn't it?

So, enven if you have 175, by the valid agreement you signed with WA, WA has every right to make you stay and work in their territory. However, it is not clear cut.
Aman even after grant problems keep coming.

Second to Waintcount you signed and send SS agreement is int? Ask DIAC as well as VIC that do u have any tie with that VIC.

If not u are free bird.