British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   14th september (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/14th-september-92398/)

shaun/lor Aug 11th 2002 12:57 pm

14th september

roll on 14th september so i dont have to keep looking in envy at the bit at the bottom of yvonnes posts.
lol shaun and lor

baldbutts Aug 11th 2002 3:22 pm

Jeez! That reminds me , isn't that Valentines day.

Baldbutts - the last of the romantics :zzz:

tipper Aug 11th 2002 4:32 pm

shaundalear.

shane can you be more tactful in your posts as it upsets us that are still waiting and dreaming of getting out of this 4rum.
thanks for your co-op eration.
when you get their go to the forum-aholics annoyemous and dry out.
all the vest tipper.

ywoods Aug 11th 2002 6:33 pm

Re: 14th september

*sob* Sorry, I spose it was a tad insensitive

Yvonne :)

Tracy101 Aug 11th 2002 6:37 pm

Re: 14th september

Originally posted by shaun/lor
roll on 14th september so i dont have to keep looking in envy at the bit at the bottom of yvonnes posts.
lol shaun and lor

Newie to this forum but couldn't resist a reply as we go to Perth on the 10th September. We are very very excited and can't wait for the journey to begin.
So good luck to you and your family and maybe we'll see you there.
Tracy and Phil and co

Pablo Picasso Aug 11th 2002 9:17 pm

Re: shaundalear.

when you get their go to the forum-aholics annoyemous and dry out.
all the vest tipper.

Tipper,

i'm a bit worried about all the vests that need drying out at the FAA!! Do you (or they) keep spilling it all.

They could all use a straw if its a serious problem!!

Paul

Mandurah & August the 20th is getting closer and closer..........oops sorry was that insensitive as well????:D

shaun/lor Aug 11th 2002 10:47 pm

Re: Re: shaundalear.

[oops sorry everyone i was under the impresion that as soon as i turned 40 i turned into a grumpy old man but someone has informed me thats only for people not going to oz soon (notice no dates entered) so good on yea and prehaps you can all start putting countdown dates on your posts as well that way we can toast :beer: you goodbye on the last day.
all the best shaun

and yvonne no its not insensetive at all im just waiting for the day i can do the same thing lol ;) ;) ;)

ywoods Aug 12th 2002 4:49 am

Re: Re: Re: shaundalear.

hahah Shaun... I have thick skin, but to be honest, it is like rubbing peoples noses in it, but you cant help yourself can ya?

Something you have sweated blood and tears over and suddenly it is a reality.. wow it blows the mind.

Before we got the visa it was always the 'if we get it' syndrome, and I would not mention it to people.. but now,, apart from the blood and tears required to get things sorted in a really short time, and prepare yourself for the bloody hated goodbyes, I have a stupid grin on my face that would blind a blind person lol

As a compromise, I will countdown, but leave the signature as it is :)

Being forty does NOT give you permission to be grumpy :)

Yvonne :D

33 days til take-off

britbird Aug 12th 2002 6:15 am

Re: Re: Re: Re: shaundalear.

[is :)

Being forty does NOT give you permission to be grumpy :)

Yvonne :D

33 days til take-off [/QUOTE]

We have 17 days left to go!!!!
Seem to have nothing done and everytime I think about going I have a panic attack.
Be warned - saying goodbye is VERY difficult - not so much for us as we're the ones that have made a decision, but the people we leave behind are very emotional(my brother inlaw cried!!)
I remeber looking at post from people that had their visas and I didn't and seing green - but they will come through and then reality hits you like a tonne of bricks!!:scared: :scared:

:scared: See you over in Brissy folks
Britbird

pread Aug 12th 2002 8:45 am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: shaundalear.

I've got our leaving date in my profile - Sorry Shaun. 43 days to go and counting !

shaun/lor Aug 12th 2002 9:52 pm

nice one

nice one you lot, ive overcome that lul in my happy self, and wish you all a pleasent journey, to you respective destinations

shaun ???? days and counting
being positive there will be a number in there soon:) :)

ywoods Aug 13th 2002 4:35 pm

Re: nice one

32 days