Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

139: What would happen if visa refused after AoS lodged?

Wikiposts

139: What would happen if visa refused after AoS lodged?

Old Nov 13th 2005, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 139: What would happen if visa refused after AoS lodged?

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Yes, but, as I've said before, please don't worry - ours was a very unusual case. Brother not recognised by DIMIA as my legal brother because he had been adopted out as a baby and so could not be sponsor. However, DIMIA had asked for meds, pccs, AoS interview, bond lodged, etc. before this refusal, even though it had been made clear by us from the start that David had been adopted as a baby. So, as I said, not an every-day thing, and I'm sure a more competent CO would have just refused us immediately after assessing application - we were just unlucky. Michelle
I think what is concerning for me and I think the others is that from judging your case it appears that DIMIA are only doing the necessary checks AFTER the bond is lodged. So that means people could be rejected for any number of reasons after AOS bond lodged. This just does not seem right and a logical way to work?? Surely?
Old Nov 13th 2005, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi Michelle

ASPC have advised that you should contact your case officer for the 138 so that they can advise Centrelink that the bond is no longer required. She also thought that there was no penalty for early release of the bond - I'll believe that when you tell me it is so. IF they do charge, get the receipts and the proof that it cost A$150 to set the accounts up and put in a claim for re-imbursement from DIMIA.

Regards,

Tony

Thank a lot, Tony. I understand from this forum that my 138 CO has been on indefinite leave for a while now .......... (!) I think I'll e-mail the Region 3 Manager. I know the previous manager is also on leave and I cannot remember the name of the current lady. Can you pm me with her name? I'll let you know the eventual outcome! Many thanks. Michelle
Old Nov 13th 2005, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Teri
I think what is concerning for me and I think the others is that from judging your case it appears that DIMIA are only doing the necessary checks AFTER the bond is lodged. So that means people could be rejected for any number of reasons after AOS bond lodged. This just does not seem right and a logical way to work?? Surely?
I agree absolutely, but I do know of another case similar to ours (from this forum) and he was refused within two months of receipt of application, which should have happened with us, but it was left to go as far as it did. Again, I really think it was the CO's fault and I presume it was a one-off mistake rather than DIMIA policy. Don't be worried!!! Michelle
Old Nov 13th 2005, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
I agree absolutely, but I do know of another case similar to ours (from this forum) and he was refused within two months of receipt of application, which should have happened with us, but it was left to go as far as it did. Again, I really think it was the CO's fault and I presume it was a one-off mistake rather than DIMIA policy. Don't be worried!!! Michelle
Thanks Michelle! Very kind of you to put our minds at rest especially after having gone through so much yourself!
Old Nov 13th 2005, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Teri
Thanks Michelle! Very kind of you to put our minds at rest especially after having gone through so much yourself!
Thanks Teri. Believe me, its a lot easier to be like this when we have our precious 136 stamps in our visas....... But, yeah, we have been through alot. All like a bad nightmare now and it really makes you appreciate having the visa. I keep looking at it in the passport and feel extremely lucky. Good luck with your own. Michelle