Wikiposts

139=pr???

Old Feb 6th 2005, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

jackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nice
Red face 139=pr???

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone out there could confirm for me that the 139 visa is permanent residency as soon as you arrive permanently in Australia.
i thought i knew but now im starting to doubt myself,
Jackie
Old Feb 6th 2005, 9:10 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 139=pr???

It is a permanent residency visa that is valid so long as you pass through immigration clearance before the required Initial Entry Date shown on your visa.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by jackie/steve
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone out there could confirm for me that the 139 visa is permanent residency as soon as you arrive permanently in Australia.
Jackie
Old Feb 6th 2005, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Karenp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jackie

I see you have already had an answer from Allan re the 139.

I am also applying for the 139 - can you tell me how your application has gone? Anything I should know? - I am right at the beginning.

Cheers, Karen

Hi,
Jackie
Old Feb 6th 2005, 8:25 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

A point to watch ... make sure your Assurer has the required level of assessable income as per his/her/their Tax Assessment Notices issued by the Australian Taxation Office for the last two income tax years. You'd be surprised at how many people think all is well, and then find it isn't ...

Best regards.

Originally Posted by Karenp
Hi Jackie

I am also applying for the 139 - can you tell me how your application has gone? Anything I should know? - I am right at the beginning.

Cheers, Karen
Old Feb 6th 2005, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

jackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nice
Red face Re: 139=pr???

Hi Jackie

Cheers, Karen
Hi Karen,
We have been looking at the 139 for a few months now,but we cannot apply until feb 06 as my husband is just finishing his pgce and for the 139 you need to be in paid employment for 6 mths before applying althought we will get an agent in nov and get his skills assessed,so when the six mths is up we can apply with hopfully no hold ups,
Jackie
Old Feb 6th 2005, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
A point to watch ... make sure your Assurer has the required level of assessable income as per his/her/their Tax Assessment Notices issued by the Australian Taxation Office for the last two income tax years. You'd be surprised at how many people think all is well, and then find it isn't ...

Best regards.
Thanks for that Allan, i think we have that sorted my sisters husband will be joint assurer he is a fireman,she also works but is self employed but toghether they should be o.k,we have four children and we think the income they should earn is $45000.Jackie
Old Feb 6th 2005, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Hi and thanks Jackie (also hi to Alan!)

We have not started the process yet either as are just trying to decide which route to take in and also are waiting to hear from a potential job offer for my husband. We have the points so can do it that way and I have an aunt who is most willing and keen for us to go out. On the centre link website it says that an assurer must have an income greater than the threshold - do you know what that threshold is? Also am I correct in understanding that my aunt would have to pay a refundable bond of $5000 for me and my husband that would only be refunded after 30 months??

Karen

Hi Karen,
We have been looking at the 139 for a few months now,but we cannot apply until feb 06 as my husband is just finishing his pgce and for the 139 you need to be in paid employment for 6 mths before applying althought we will get an agent in nov and get his skills assessed,so when the six mths is up we can apply with hopfully no hold ups,
Jackie
Old Feb 6th 2005, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi and thanks Jackie (also hi to Alan!)

We have not started the process yet either as are just trying to decide which route to take in and also are waiting to hear from a potential job offer for my husband. We have the points so can do it that way and I have an aunt who is most willing and keen for us to go out. On the centre link website it says that an assurer must have an income greater than the threshold - do you know what that threshold is? Also am I correct in understanding that my aunt would have to pay a refundable bond of $5000 for me and my husband that would only be refunded after 30 months??

Karen
Hi
I think the threshold depends on the children you have i think it around $45000/$47000 for us we have four.Althought my info comes from this website and the immi website.(The assurrer does not have to be the same person as sponsor)
Yes your aunt will get the info when she goes for her centrelink interview it is refundable after 2 yrs, i think.
You will need full birthcertificates of you, your aunts and i think your mum's to show the family link for the 139.
My friends just went out to w.a on job sponsor it took about 2 months in all she had already had police/medical checks done beforhand though she loves it. Jackie.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Jackie

No children yet - just the 2 of us.
Many thanks and good luck

Karen

Hi
I think the threshold depends on the children you have i think it around $45000/$47000 for us we have four.Althought my info comes from this website and the immi website.(The assurrer does not have to be the same person as sponsor)
Yes your aunt will get the info when she goes for her centrelink interview it is refundable after 2 yrs, i think.
You will need full birthcertificates of you, your aunts and i think your mum's to show the family link for the 139.
My friends just went out to w.a on job sponsor it took about 2 months in all she had already had police/medical checks done beforhand though she loves it. Jackie.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Jackie

No children yet - just the 2 of us.
Many thanks and good luck

Karen
Here's a link to a thread that talks about assurer income levels. The levels depend both on how many people are in your family as well as how many are in your assurers family (dependents).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=aos+income

Note also that if you have dependent children over age 18 that are going with you then your bond will also include an additional $1500 for each child over 18. For most families the bond is simply $5000 as there are no children in this situation. The bond is $3500 for the primary applicant and $1500 for the spouse on the application, so if you are single the bond would only be $3500.

Cheers,
Brian
Old Feb 7th 2005, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Thanks Brian

If I understand it correctly then. My aunt + her partner (0 dependants) + me and my husband (0 dependants) means she needs an income of about $35 000 and the $5000 bond.

Will check with her re income (provable via tax returns).

Cheers, Karen

Originally Posted by brian0
Here's a link to a thread that talks about assurer income levels. The levels depend both on how many people are in your family as well as how many are in your assurers family (dependents).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=aos+income

Note also that if you have dependent children over age 18 that are going with you then your bond will also include an additional $1500 for each child over 18. For most families the bond is simply $5000 as there are no children in this situation. The bond is $3500 for the primary applicant and $1500 for the spouse on the application, so if you are single the bond would only be $3500.

Cheers,
Brian
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Brian

If I understand it correctly then. My aunt + her partner (0 dependants) + me and my husband (0 dependants) means she needs an income of about $35 000 and the $5000 bond.

Will check with her re income (provable via tax returns).

Cheers, Karen
Actually, you would be covered by the row that contains "2 0 34985 2 0 5000 39985". This means that there are 2 adults and no dependents on the assurer side, and 2 adults and no dependents on the assuree (your) side. The $5000 part is not the bond, but the amount that the assurers income must go up by to cover your size family, so $39985 is the required income level for the AoS. The bond will be $5000 no matter how many dependents there are or the size of the assurer family, all it depends upon are the number of "adults" (ie: children over 18 count as adults).

Cheers,
Brian
Old Feb 7th 2005, 12:59 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers,
Brian
If you have children aged 18+ included in the application - or who are going to turn 18 during processing - then bear in mind that there is a legal limit of two adults per assuror (including joint assurances) and you might need to find another assuror.

Overlooking this issue regularly causes a crisis at a late stage of sponsored applications.

Jeremy
Old Feb 7th 2005, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: 139=pr???

Actually, you would be covered by the row that contains "2 0 34985 2 0 5000 39985". This means that there are 2 adults and no dependents on the assurer side, and 2 adults and no dependents on the assuree (your) side. The $5000 part is not the bond, but the amount that the assurers income must go up by to cover your size family, so $39985 is the required income level for the AoS. The bond will be $5000 no matter how many dependents there are or the size of the assurer family, all it depends upon are the number of "adults" (ie: children over 18 count as adults).

Cheers,
Brian
Hi Brian,
There does not seem to be on your chart 2,adult+4,children+2,adult+4,children,im just asking as im hoping i have not got it wrong,my sister+husband will be our assusers they also have 4 childrenbut he is a fireman over there and i don't think there pay is great.
sorry also i think 2 of the children(my sisters husbands) are over 18,does this matter? Jackie.

Last edited by jackie/steve; Feb 7th 2005 at 6:48 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 10:39 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Brian,
There does not seem to be on your chart 2,adult+4,children+2,adult+4,children,im just asking as im hoping i have not got it wrong,my sister+husband will be our assusers they also have 4 childrenbut he is a fireman over there and i don't think there pay is great.
sorry also i think 2 of the children(my sisters husbands) are over 18,does this matter? Jackie.
Problems are likely to arise if *your* children are 18, or about to turn 18 - not theirs.
The income requirements to do a mandatory Assurance of Support are fixed and not flexible.

Jeremy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.