Wikiposts

137 STNI news for us.

Old Aug 31st 2004, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up 137 STNI news for us.

Hi everyone waiting for news, bit of an update from myself, I emailed the Vic SMU just to see if they have any info on my application, and I got a reply next day and I quote what I was told:

"Your application was sent to immigration in Melbourne 14/7/04 to approve before they send to Adelaide. They decided to change processes this month and your nomination had been slightly delayed in Melbourne. It is,however, now in Adelaide so I would be expecting something from them within the next few weeks.

In regard to processing time, if you have already sent medicals and police
checks and all relevent documentation relating to your employment and work
experience through to them, processing will not take too long at all. It normally takes 4-6 months for State Nomination. It could happen earlier though it is too hard to predict but basically depends on the quality of the application (everything they require is initially submitted) and their case load.
However, in saying that, state nomination does receive priority."

Well I must say we feel a little bit happier now, just wondering though, it would be interesting to get a bit of info from the experts, about why it went to Melbourne from Adelaide and also what they mean when they quote a new process?

Anyway all in all a big thumbs up for Vic SMU, they are always in touch and ready to answer queries, makes me feel very confident in settling there

P.S good luck everyone else and I hope this update gives all the other STNI people a bit of a lift

Last edited by Dicko; Aug 31st 2004 at 3:52 am.
Old Aug 31st 2004, 3:49 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: 137 STNI news for us.

Thanks for the info! Good to hear that things should be moving forward for us all soon.

Cheers.

Claire
Old Aug 31st 2004, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

shillo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 137 STNI news for us.

Originally Posted by claire edwards
Thanks for the info! Good to hear that things should be moving forward for us all soon.

Cheers.

Claire
Thanks again for the info, We have been nominated by SA but are waiting for our nomination to be accepted by the DIMIA, we are are hopefully going to live south of Adelaide,how long did they take to accept your nomination from Vic?

We got an Email from SA nearly 3 weeks ago stating we had been nominated and they were sending off form 1100 to the DIMIA for their approval,

Anyone know if this is normal, do they turn many people down?, what selection criteria do they follow, the wait is driving us mad ..lol.

I expect our stuff will end up in Melbourne!!..lol

all the best dicko and keep us posted.

Shillo
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

cat5 will become famous soon enoughcat5 will become famous soon enough

Cheers for the update Dicko,

Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

Cat5
Old Aug 31st 2004, 9:59 am
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Thanks for the info. We have received a nomination from SMU Vic and are just about to lodge our TRA .

Good to know that the SMU co=operate and get back to you if you have a query.
Old Aug 31st 2004, 1:31 pm

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by shillo
Thanks again for the info, We have been nominated by SA but are waiting for our nomination to be accepted by the DIMIA, we are are hopefully going to live south of Adelaide,how long did they take to accept your nomination from Vic?

We got an Email from SA nearly 3 weeks ago stating we had been nominated and they were sending off form 1100 to the DIMIA for their approval,

Anyone know if this is normal, do they turn many people down?, what selection criteria do they follow, the wait is driving us mad ..lol.

Shillo
Hi,
I think once SMU sends off the form1100 , there is nothing much to do at DIMIA side.
Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

akalee is an unknown quantity at this point

Just Sent Ours Of (stni) For Victoria, We Was Hoping For About 8 Weeks, Then Again I Was Hoping That We Would Have Signed A Couple Of Players B4 The Deadline. I Dont Know Whats More Frustrating.........applying For This Visa Or The Stale Smell Of Bill Kenwrights Bullshit!

Toffee In Aus (hopefully!)
Old Aug 31st 2004, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: 137 STNI news for us.

Originally Posted by Prince1975
Hi,
I think once SMU sends off the form1100 , there is nothing much to do at DIMIA side.
Cheers for the info
Any idea what is contained in form 1100?
i've been told DIMIA have to just 'rubber stamp' SA's nomination? is this correct?

Shillo
Old Sep 1st 2004, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Bret is an unknown quantity at this point

Thumbs up for Vict SKilled Migration Unit indeed!

I also emailed them to try to get progress last week. Vict sent me an email to confirm they had spoken with the IMMI who 'could not locate' the 1100 form which Vict sent in June but IMMI were processing my application as a 137 (but needed this form to complete the process). To compound the error, Vict also 'misfiled myapplication' also!! They asked me to re-send the normal nomination form to them so that they could re-do the 1100n form for the IMMI.

So whilst the above is clearly a pain - the VICT SMU acted quickly and were prepared to chase IMMI for a progres update. When I last chased up progress with IMMI myself at the end of June I was told that they had yet to look at it so something must have changed for them to realise they had form 1100 missing.

Fingers crossed.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 6:18 pm
Morphee

>
    > Thumbs up for Vict SKilled Migration Unit indeed!
    >
    > I also emailed them to try to get progress last week. Vict sent me an
    > email to confirm they had spoken with the IMMI who 'could not locate'
    > the 1100 form which Vict sent in June but IMMI were processing my appli-
    > cation as a 137 (but needed this form to complete the process). To com-
    > pound the error, Vict also 'misfiled myapplication' also!! They asked
    > me to re-send the normal nomination form to them so that they could re--
    > do the 1100n form for the IMMI.
    >
    > So whilst the above is clearly a pain - the VICT SMU acted quickly and
    > were prepared to chase IMMI for a progres update. When I last chased up
    > progress with IMMI myself at the end of June I was told that they had
    > yet to look at it so something must have changed for them to realise th-
    > ey had form 1100 missing.
    >
    > Fingers crossed.

Thumbs up for VIC SMU from my Side.. After applying to IMMI in 3-4
months i got my VIC STNI and i updated to DIM. but after waiting
another 3 months i sent SMU mail.. and they advised me to contact XYZ
person in IMMI which i did.. and she replied and told me that they did
not know that i have been granted STNI VIC. after that email my
application processing started and Case officer assinged and after 3-4
months i recived my immgration.

I am really Lookingforward to go to Melb and search for JOB. i hope
these days IT job market is in good shape.

Finger crossed. for steps a head.

take care and good luck to all of you

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

gogi79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: 137 STNI news for us.

Shillo
hey congratulations ,i am applying also for sa nomination but i still didnt hear from them yet ,how long does it take to reply to u ? and oes they send the declaration form by email or mail ?
thanx
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: 137 STNI news for us.

Originally Posted by gogi79
hey congratulations ,i am applying also for sa nomination but i still didnt hear from them yet ,how long does it take to reply to u ? and oes they send the declaration form by email or mail ?
thanx
We applied for SIR visa sponsorship 1st, we emailed a cv to SA and were sent (via email) a questionaire to complete and send off by mail. they said at the time SIR sponsorship forms were bieng delt with in around 7 days from reciept. low and behold, around 7 days later we got a further email asking if we were sure about the SIR (as it was a temp visa) or did we want to be considered for STNI?. we emailde back straight away and were sent the declaration via email the same day.(lots of late nights!!) this was signed and returned via email (same day), when we got up the next day, we had our nomination for STNI accecepted!!!, they had filled in form 1100 and sent it to DIMIA for thier decision although iv've read of here when SA nominate people
it is very rare you gett turned down. I hope whoever wrote that is correct!!..lol

Hope this helps, good luck.

Shillo
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 12:15 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Hi Shillo,

What trade are you going in under for STNI?

Im sheet metal and hope to get STNI SA in the new year pending my TRA approval

Rob

We applied for SIR visa sponsorship 1st, we emailed a cv to SA and were sent (via email) a questionaire to complete and send off by mail. they said at the time SIR sponsorship forms were bieng delt with in around 7 days from reciept. low and behold, around 7 days later we got a further email asking if we were sure about the SIR (as it was a temp visa) or did we want to be considered for STNI?. we emailde back straight away and were sent the declaration via email the same day.(lots of late nights!!) this was signed and returned via email (same day), when we got up the next day, we had our nomination for STNI accecepted!!!, they had filled in form 1100 and sent it to DIMIA for thier decision although iv've read of here when SA nominate people
it is very rare you gett turned down. I hope whoever wrote that is correct!!..lol

Hope this helps, good luck.

Shillo
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Hi Shillo,

What trade are you going in under for STNI?

Im sheet metal and hope to get STNI SA in the new year pending my TRA approval

Rob
Welder 1st class..but also been assessed as Supv Struc Steel & welding T'person
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

annn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura about

Shillo

Shillo form 1100 was dealt with by DIMIA in about 3 weeks for us, so get your 47sk ready to send.

Annn
Annn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.