Wikiposts

136 visa's - how long

Old Mar 5th 2005, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Jennie will become famous soon enough
Cool 136 visa's - how long

Hi we sent our application off t DIMIA a couple of weeks ago and have received reply saying they have received this. We have put our house on market and so far no viewings and we need to sell for bond money, so would like to know if anyone can tell me before they are requested medicals etc, I was told by my agent about six months, I hope so as need to sell house.

Any news would be welcome and did people receive theirs alot quicker or slower than expected. Sorry to waffle.

Jenn
Old Mar 6th 2005, 12:16 am
Sydney here we come!

hayley & alan is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: 136 visa's - how long

Originally Posted by Jennie
Hi we sent our application off t DIMIA a couple of weeks ago and have received reply saying they have received this. We have put our house on market and so far no viewings and we need to sell for bond money, so would like to know if anyone can tell me before they are requested medicals etc, I was told by my agent about six months, I hope so as need to sell house.

Any news would be welcome and did people receive theirs alot quicker or slower than expected. Sorry to waffle.

Jenn
Have a look at www.austimeline.com. This will give you an indication of how long other peoples are taking. We sent ours in last week and are expecting it to take around 6 months.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 3:33 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 136 visa's - how long

Jenn
Hi Jenn,
It seems to vary quite a lot, they appear to be charging through our application, have a look at our timeline. We had a mad panic on when they requested bond as we only had 49 days to pay and hadn't made any arrangements for money (we were on hols at the time and so was our agent), we eventaully managed to borrow £36,284 from mortgage company by borrowing equity from house and then making up the money from our savings. Exchange rate was very poor at the time so we ended up paying £42,084. Told them it was for a holiday home and we took the extra on interest only to make monthly payments cheaper. Our agent was also under the impression that it would be about 6 months, I think she was quite shocked when request came through. My advice would be to look at all your options so that you are ready for when the time comes. Good luck.
Sarah
Old Mar 7th 2005, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 136 visa's - how long

Jenn
It appears to be taking about 8-10 weeks for the request for meds/pcc/bond to be coming through for current applications. Right now they appear to be processing December 2004 applicants, so if you sent your in 2 weeks ago you should probably expect to get a request for meds/pcc/bond near to the end of April or beginning of May. I am a 139 applicant, so I don't need the $100K bond, but I think that the request for that comes at the same time as the med/pcc request (perhaps others who are doing the bond request can verify this). You get 45 days (approx) from the time of the request to return all the info back to DIMIA, but you can always request an extension if you need more time. This doesn't appear to be an issue for DIMIA as many people need additional time to get all the info together.

Currently many people are getting their visas in under 6 months if they are on simple 136 applications.

Good Luck!
Brian
Old Mar 7th 2005, 5:03 am
Scootascum member.

scooterpom will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: 136 visa's - how long

Hi Jenn

I have to say ours is going through the system like a pack of dried prunes!

Sent the app form off 17-11-04.
Got the yellow envelope asking for meds & police certs 11-1-05.
Got the police certs back in about 2 weeks, sent to DIMIA 25-1-05.
Meds done 1-2-05
Meds being sent by courier - should've been today, hopefully 8-3-05.
Who knows, hopefully Adelaide July / August??

Cheers
The Scooterpom.

Jenn