Wikiposts

120 Points decided at final decision ?

Old Apr 3rd 2004, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

tobidan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 120 Points decided at final decision ?

Just found out about the points change. Reading the threads I see that you must meet the point criteria at the time of lodging the application only ?

I thought that at the time your application is finally assessed, after medicals etc they would look at the points against current criteria ?

We submitted in May 2003 and have had medicals requested in Feb 2004. We have 115 points at the moment. However, we had to put our medicals etc on hold while awaiting the birth of our 3rd child.

I assume from the mails, that we are save in this regard since we met the grade under the 115 point pass mark. I am about to turn 35 as well (losing 5 points) but none of this matters now......I hope!!
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 10:18 pm
oozie04

Default Re: 120 Points decided at final decision ?

Originally posted by tobidan
Just found out about the points change. Reading the threads I see that you must meet the point criteria at the time of lodging the application only ?

I thought that at the time your application is finally assessed, after medicals etc they would look at the points against current criteria ?

We submitted in May 2003 and have had medicals requested in Feb 2004. We have 115 points at the moment. However, we had to put our medicals etc on hold while awaiting the birth of our 3rd child.

I assume from the mails, that we are save in this regard since we met the grade under the 115 point pass mark. I am about to turn 35 as well (losing 5 points) but none of this matters now......I hope!!
Hello,

The notification for points increase are for applicants who apply on or after 14th April 2004. So, you are on the safe side. Also Age at the application lodgement is taken and not at the Visa Grant. Hope this helps.

Regards

Ozzie04

Old Apr 4th 2004, 9:06 am
Jaj

Default Re: 120 Points decided at final decision ?

Legally once you have been assessed for points you are exempt any
further changes in points requirements.

However, in this case it doesn't matter as all applications in the
system are being exempted (plus those lodged before April 14).

Jeremy

>tobidan wrote:
    >
    > We submitted in May 2003 and have had medicals requested in
    > Feb 2004. We have 115 points at the moment. However, we had to put our
    > medicals etc on hold while awaiting the birth of our 3rd child.
    >
    > I
    > assume from the mails, that we are save in this regard since we met the
    > grade under the 115 point pass mark. I am about to turn 35 as well
    > (losing 5 points) but none of this matters now......I hope!!
    >
    >

--
This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction