12 months in OZ on a visitor visa

Old Jul 14th 2015, 5:28 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default 12 months in OZ on a visitor visa

From a google on the 'immigration Australia' website, for a Brit it appears there are basically two types of visitor visa - the 600 & 601

As a retired over age 65 Brit travelling on a British passport, can I come to Australia & stay up to 12 months - if so which visa?

Then on the basis that I leave & go back to where I came from, when can I re-enter Australia again & stay another while longer?

Is there a process of repeat visitor visas?
Old Jul 21st 2015, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

JonEthan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 12 months in OZ on a visitor visa

I'm not brit, but I've had an experience with having my parents here for 12months.

You apply for the 600 visa and on the form you can put in 12 months as the duration of stay. After that, you return home and you can submit a new 600 visa application if you wish to return. Just note though that there is usually a condition that a visitor can only stay in OZ for not more than 12months in an 18month period. So you have to wait 6 months before you can return to OZ again.

I've done this for my parents before. They went here on a 12mo visa (not called 600 that time), went home and stayed for about 10 mos. Then came back here on for another 12mo on a new 600 visa.

Jon