British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   115 query (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/115-query-775956/)

Beachbumz Oct 28th 2012 10:44 am

115 query

Hi, haven't been here for a while but hoping my old mates can help?
We are now citizens and our son is a PR, my daughter has decided she would like to move here and join us (hooray eventually!)
She has previously been here on holiday and working holiday visa's, and now I believe she is entitled to the last remaining relative visa 115, I am aware of the lengthy wait time and my questions are:

Are work rights automatically granted with this visa or does she have to apply separately ?

Is there an easier way to join us?

Can you have a 2nd working holiday visa?

What are e pros and cons of the 115 visa?

Many thanks for your patience reading and replying :)
Xx

newjersey Oct 28th 2012 1:32 pm

Re: 115 query

Originally Posted by Beachbumz (Post 10353820)
Hi, haven't been here for a while but hoping my old mates can help?
We are now citizens and our son is a PR, my daughter has decided she would like to move here and join us (hooray eventually!)
She has previously been here on holiday and working holiday visa's, and now I believe she is entitled to the last remaining relative visa 115, I am aware of the lengthy wait time and my questions are:

Are work rights automatically granted with this visa or does she have to apply separately ?

the 115 is an offshore visa, meaning if she is in Australia when you apply, there will be no bridging visa and her then current visa work rights will carry on until it expires. At that point she might have to leave the country until the 115 visa is granted.

The on-shore equivalent is 835, so there is a possibility to get a bridging visa if by then she is on-shore and her then visa can be bridged from. The work rights will be inherited from then current visa, and if there are limitations, these can be lifted given extenuating circumstances. If, for argument sake, she came on a student visa then applied for 835, the bridging visa will carry 20 hours/week limitation.

Is there an easier way to join us?
try visa wizard on immi.gov.au, explore skilled independent visa options or 457 sponsored temp worker visa, see what else comes up.

Can you have a 2nd working holiday visa?
Yes, if you did 3 months "specified work" during your first one, and still eligible otherwise, e.g. age, etc.

What are e pros and cons of the 115 visa?

Many thanks for your patience reading and replying :)
Xx
Pro - a permanent residency visa that does not require proof of skills, state or employer sponsorship. Con- takes a long time and needs a good think before you get on it, especially if she wants to come there sooner.

Beachbumz Oct 29th 2012 12:39 pm

Re: 115 query

Originally Posted by newjersey (Post 10353984)
the 115 is an offshore visa, meaning if she is in Australia when you apply, there will be no bridging visa and her then current visa work rights will carry on until it expires. At that point she might have to leave the country until the 115 visa is granted.

The on-shore equivalent is 835, so there is a possibility to get a bridging visa if by then she is on-shore and her then visa can be bridged from. The work rights will be inherited from then current visa, and if there are limitations, these can be lifted given extenuating circumstances. If, for argument sake, she came on a student visa then applied for 835, the bridging visa will carry 20 hours/week limitation.

try visa wizard on immi.gov.au, explore skilled independent visa options or 457 sponsored temp worker visa, see what else comes up.

Yes, if you did 3 months "specified work" during your first one, and still eligible otherwise, e.g. age, etc.

Pro - a permanent residency visa that does not require proof of skills, state or employer sponsorship. Con- takes a long time and needs a good think before you get on it, especially if she wants to come there sooner.

Many thanks for your advice :)