Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

10 weeks since Aos accepted - still no word!

Wikiposts

10 weeks since Aos accepted - still no word!

Old Jan 27th 2005, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about
Default 10 weeks since Aos accepted - still no word!

Hi all

Just looking for some reassurance i guess. Our Assurer was accepted and our bond lodged with centrelink 10 weeks ago now, and we have not heard anything, is this lenght of time very unusual, after reading through different threads most people get the go ahead after about 4 weeks. Is anyone else waiting this long to hear?

PS. Hoping to move to Brisbane some time this year.

Thanks
Old Jan 28th 2005, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 weeks since Aos accepted - still no word!

I would ask your assuror to give Centrelink a ring. They won't talk to you. Just make sure they have returned the documents. I seem to remember that someone else had this problem and phoned centrelink only to be told the documents hadn't been returned, we shall send them straight away. I don't think there is the contact taboo with Centerlink as there is with DIMA.

Where abouts in Australia has your assuror had the interview.

Cheers Jo
Old Jan 28th 2005, 4:24 am
Brisbane bound

brendan_34_mids is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by katiesel
Hi all

Just looking for some reassurance i guess. Our Assurer was accepted and our bond lodged with centrelink 10 weeks ago now, and we have not heard anything, is this lenght of time very unusual, after reading through different threads most people get the go ahead after about 4 weeks. Is anyone else waiting this long to hear?

PS. Hoping to move to Brisbane some time this year.

Thanks
hi,
we too are in the same boat as yu, are bond was lodged on 5th nov and had confirmation of acceptance from centrelink a week later, but still no visa, we have emailed co on a couple of occasions but no reply, i guess we have to just sit and wait!!

We are off to Brisbane too.

Brendan.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Sherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by brendan_34_mids
hi,
we too are in the same boat as yu, are bond was lodged on 5th nov and had confirmation of acceptance from centrelink a week later, but still no visa, we have emailed co on a couple of occasions but no reply, i guess we have to just sit and wait!!

We are off to Brisbane too.

Brendan.
We are also in the same boat, our bond was lodged early November and our sponser had confirmation of acceptance on 19th Nov BUT we've not heard anything from DIMIA since!!
I am however encouraged to hear that others on B.EXPs are in the same situation.!!

We lodged our AoS in Melbourne, Victoria, just makes me wonder why they rushed us (as post Julyers) to get the meds, police checks and to pay the bond, i suppose its a good way to get our money!!

Thanks for this encouraging??!! post...just send an update when you get your visas!!

Sherie
Old Jan 29th 2005, 5:49 am
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sherie

We lodged our AoS in Melbourne, Victoria, just makes me wonder why they rushed us (as post Julyers) to get the meds, police checks and to pay the bond, i suppose its a good way to get our money!!

Sherie
It makes you laugh everything is done in a rush meds etc and then when it all get handed to centrelink a go slow to a virtual stop!!!!!!!!!! Ours is Melbourne as well are not as far as you but assurer has have 2 interviews so far and has got another in March.. Then I haer it is a long wait when we get as far as you, not good news.

Still as everyone keeps saying WE WILL GET THERE IN THE END...

pauline
Old Jan 29th 2005, 6:06 am
Just Joined

cazzaline1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our bond was lodged on 17 Dec 2004 and our visa granted on 7 Jan 2005. I'd keep trying to chase it up although everybody's timescales seem to be so different. Hopefully you'll all get your visas soon!!!

Originally Posted by Pauline
It makes you laugh everything is done in a rush meds etc and then when it all get handed to centrelink a go slow to a virtual stop!!!!!!!!!! Ours is Melbourne as well are not as far as you but assurer has have 2 interviews so far and has got another in March.. Then I haer it is a long wait when we get as far as you, not good news.

Still as everyone keeps saying WE WILL GET THERE IN THE END...

pauline
Old Jan 31st 2005, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by cazzaline1
Our bond was lodged on 17 Dec 2004 and our visa granted on 7 Jan 2005. I'd keep trying to chase it up although everybody's timescales seem to be so different. Hopefully you'll all get your visas soon!!!
Thanks for replies everyone - we still haven't heard anything, so I think I will get my assurer to ring centrelink. Let us know if any of you get some news
cheers Kate
Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:30 am
Brisbane bound

brendan_34_mids is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by katiesel
Thanks for replies everyone - we still haven't heard anything, so I think I will get my assurer to ring centrelink. Let us know if any of you get some news
cheers Kate
hi all, just to let you know that i had email from case officer today to tell me that a decision will be made on my case within a week or so, at last something is happening.
Keep faith.

Brendan,