Wikiposts

1 July Processing

Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:39 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1 July Processing

After reading Alan's post last night about the new procedures at ASPC I called Frank Lodge, the Director of Global Processing at the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre today and I can confirm that from 1 July the
ASPC is going to be performing an "initial assessment" on any skilled visa
application processed through ASPC. This means that obvious gaps in the
documentation will be identified immediately and medical and character
clearances will be requested at the time of the initial assessment, which
may take place as early as seven days after lodgment.

It is anticipated that this will be associated with shorter processing times for all applications. ASPC intends to combine the acknowledgement letter
with the initial assessment letter and therefore cut down on multiple
handling of files.

Contrary to some of the more hopeful opinions which have been voiced here, I do not believe that this will lead uniformly to grants in seven days but most likely it will be quicker than current processing times because many cases are easily assessed provided no
integrity checking of the documentation is undertaken.

Anybody wishing to take advantage of the possibility of shorter processing
times should note that where medicals are done immediately they may expire prior to visa grant, and need to be done again, or they may limit the time available for your migration to Australia as there is a first entry date for permanent visas which in most cases is 12 months after the earliest of your police clearances for the country you live in and your medicals. In some cases people with minor medical conditions may have an
entry date of six months after the medicals have been completed.

Further, applications which are already in Adelaide and any lodged before 1 July will be treated according to current procedures.

Finally, anyone wanting to lodge on or after 1 July should be aware that the visa application fee is going to be A$1845 from that date.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jun 17th 2004, 1:20 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 July Processing

Originally posted by George Lombard

Further, applications which are already in Adelaide and any lodged before 1 July will be treated according to current procedures.

Cheers,

George Lombard

:-(

at least that bit is cleared up - thanks for the info yet again
Old Jun 17th 2004, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

so what is your advice about people applying just b4 july 1st. my application is ready to send off on June 28th. should i just wait and send it off July 1st. i won't be able to send off my meds/police checks until a few weeks after, will it be ok to send the application and then the meds etc a month or so after?cheers for any help

After reading Alan's post last night about the new procedures at ASPC I called Frank Lodge, the Director of Global Processing at the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre today and I can confirm that from 1 July the
ASPC is going to be performing an "initial assessment" on any skilled visa
application processed through ASPC. This means that obvious gaps in the
documentation will be identified immediately and medical and character
clearances will be requested at the time of the initial assessment, which
may take place as early as seven days after lodgment.

It is anticipated that this will be associated with shorter processing times for all applications. ASPC intends to combine the acknowledgement letter
with the initial assessment letter and therefore cut down on multiple handling of files.

Contrary to some of the more hopeful opinions which have been voiced here, I do not believe that this will lead uniformly to grants in seven days but most likely it will be quicker than current processing times because many cases are easily assessed provided no
integrity checking of the documentation is undertaken.

times should note that where medicals are done immediately they may expire prior to visa grant, and need to be done again, or they may limit the time available for your migration to Australia as there is a first entry date for permanent visas which in most cases is 12 months after the earliest of your police clearances for the country you live in and your medicals. In some cases people with minor medical conditions may have an

Finally, anyone wanting to lodge on or after 1 July should be aware that the visa application fee is going to be A$1845 from that date.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Jun 17th 2004, 1:33 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by threlly
so what is your advice about people applying just b4 july 1st. my application is ready to send off on June 28th. should i just wait and send it off July 1st. i won't be able to send off my meds/police checks until a few weeks after, will it be ok to send the application and then the meds etc a month or so after?cheers for any help
Hi Threlly,

It depends on a lot of variables. The main one being are you prepared to take the risk that your medicals may expire? Then there's do you have the flexibility in your circumstances to migrate under time pressure if possible? And, of course, are you dead sure that your application is complete and isn't going to require further documentation?

If lodging on or after 1 July the procedure is that they'll request the medical and police clearances anyway.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Jun 17th 2004, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

marleintje is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx George, that is really great news for those who haven't applied yet and might now have a slightly shorter wait ahead of them... Yippee!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your speedy reply. What does it mean if your medicals do expire? I can up and go over to OZ within a month, so am flexible. If for some reason i couldn't get over would it only mean that I would have to have my medicals done again and pay the med charges again, this wouldn't be too bad, or is there more to it than that.
cheers

QUOTE]Originally posted by George Lombard
Hi Threlly,

It depends on a lot of variables. The main one being are you prepared to take the risk that your medicals may expire? Then there's do you have the flexibility in your circumstances to migrate under time pressure if possible? And, of course, are you dead sure that your application is complete and isn't going to require further documentation?

If lodging on or after 1 July the procedure is that they'll request the medical and police clearances anyway.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au [/QUOTE]
Old Jun 17th 2004, 2:34 am
Just Joined

reni10 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this is an absolute DISGRACE!!!!

Surely you should clear the backlog first then implement new procedures!

Shame, Shame!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 3:06 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally posted by marleintje
Thanx George, that is really great news for those who haven't applied yet and might now have a slightly shorter wait ahead of them... Yippee!

Hoi Marleintje

Ja dat is goed voor nieuwe mensen maar niet voor huidige applicants

Translation:
Ya its good news for new applicants as george has indicated if all the stuff are in place , application documents, meds, and pcc and you ae ready to go to validate it then its great..

Its a pity for people who have already applied...
Old Jun 18th 2004, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

sylviacrt is an unknown quantity at this point

1st July is great if you have all stuff in place AND 120 points!!

For the 'oldies', only getting to 115, it's good luck to be in the line now :-))

Oldy Sylvia :-))

Originally posted by badri
Ya its good news for new applicants as george has indicated if all the stuff are in place , application documents, meds, and pcc and you ae ready to go to validate it then its great..

Its a pity for people who have already applied...
Old Jun 18th 2004, 2:33 am
oozie04

Hi Threlly,

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hello,

Seems we all are fools who have applied last year and waiting since. Seems the new applicants in July will get visa earlier than the applicants who applied last july.

Regards

ozzie04

Old Jun 18th 2004, 2:37 am
joveazey

Hi,

Sorry if I sound thick but will this affect us - we are waiting for TRA assessment to come back (sent on 20th April) and then are ready to lodge. We are applying under the Skilled Australian Sponsored category ???

Regards,

Jo

Old Jun 18th 2004, 4:05 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by joveazey
Hi,

Sorry if I sound thick but will this affect us - we are waiting for TRA assessment to come back (sent on 20th April) and then are ready to lodge. We are applying under the Skilled Australian Sponsored category ???

Regards,

Jo

Yes it will affect you by the sound of it, once you have your TRA its only then that you can submit your application and 1st July is only next week, but hopefully you wont have the long wait that we did once the application is submitted. Good Luck.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 6:21 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally posted by leanda
Yes it will affect you by the sound of it, once you have your TRA its only then that you can submit your application and 1st July is only next week, but hopefully you wont have the long wait that we did once the application is submitted. Good Luck.
Yes Leanda is right about it...

Good luck
Old Jun 19th 2004, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

madankumars is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi George

I do not understand what it means for the medicals to expire before grant of the visa.

If DIMIA has already checked the medicals, how does it matter if it expires?
Old Jun 20th 2004, 8:43 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Originally posted by madankumars
Hi George

I do not understand what it means for the medicals to expire before grant of the visa.

If DIMIA has already checked the medicals, how does it matter if it expires?
Hi MK,

Your medicals and police clearances are normally only valid for 12 months from the date they're undertaken. If your visa hasn't been granted in the 12 months in most cases you have to do them again before the visa can be granted. If your visa is in fact granted within the 12 months there may still be a serious effect on your "first entry date" as you also need to make your first arrival on the visa within the 12 months.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

George Lombard