~~HELP MEDICALS TOMMOROW~~

Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

jonese19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation ~~HELP MEDICALS TOMMOROW~~

Hi everyone just looking for some last min advice on medicals!!

Me and my mum and dad have our medicals tomorrow in Preston and im really panicing now. I was reading up on some other forums yesterday and people have been getting failed for blood in their urine and protein in their urine and stuff like that and its really shook me up.

What happens if anything is picked up? Do you get failed and have to take them again or do you goto your GP for treatment??

We have a permanent residence visa and we are being sponsored to go over (SO FULL MEDICAL NEEDED) and are hoping to be there before christmas. Fingers crossed visa application is gettin lodged in a week only waiting on medicals now then we are off!

Please please please can you help????

Many Thanks

Emma!!!!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:04 pm
Kate,Mark,Jack and Scott

sunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to all
Default Re: ~~HELP MEDICALS TOMMOROW~~

hi Emma,
Don't worry about it you'll be fine, money for nothing really. At our meds we spent the morning in and out of different rooms, eye test, blood test, x-rays, then went to see a Doc who looked down our ears and throat listened to our chests, we touched our toes ??? and that was that. Our two boys have serious allergies and they were passed on the spot, for us we had to wait for blood and x-ray results, as long as they don't find anything too serious that's going to drain the Oz welfare you will be OK. Good luck.
kate
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Oh ok sounds ok to me then. So how long did it take for you to find out your results?

I know my bloods are fine im a student nurse and got them checked about 4 weeks ago! Its just the urine sample im concerned about?? Do they check that there and then for you??

I just feel that we have come so far and i am just waiting for them to say no sorry !!

Em
Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

ourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jonese19
Oh ok sounds ok to me then. So how long did it take for you to find out your results?

I know my bloods are fine im a student nurse and got them checked about 4 weeks ago! Its just the urine sample im concerned about?? Do they check that there and then for you??

I just feel that we have come so far and i am just waiting for them to say no sorry !!

Em
Yea there and then they do a ttu. It is nothing to worry about. Just waiting for my blood results now. I also know they are fine as im a SN so im already got the HEP B vac. We hope to leave on the 23rd Nov cnt wait
Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

jenniferalisonuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jonese19

Hi everyone just looking for some last min advice on medicals!!

Me and my mum and dad have our medicals tomorrow in Preston and im really panicing now. I was reading up on some other forums yesterday and people have been getting failed for blood in their urine and protein in their urine and stuff like that and its really shook me up.

What happens if anything is picked up? Do you get failed and have to take them again or do you goto your GP for treatment??

We have a permanent residence visa and we are being sponsored to go over (SO FULL MEDICAL NEEDED) and are hoping to be there before christmas. Fingers crossed visa application is gettin lodged in a week only waiting on medicals now then we are off!

Please please please can you help????

Many Thanks

Emma!!!!
Urine gets tested for a sign of diabetes normally in medicals.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

ourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really niceourjane211284 is just really nice

also can indicate kidney stones
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

ScottJackson will become famous soon enoughScottJackson will become famous soon enough

I have to have a medical and therefore a urine test every two years for work.

The urine test is just a piece of card they dip into your urine, and wait to see what colour it comes out (ever done a diabetes test? same as that really)

They test for blood in your urine, sugar, and protein.

Blood indicates kidney or bladder disease.

Sugar indicates diabetes.

Protein indicates kidney disease.

I'm sure you'll pass though.

To the other poster, alot of people cant touch their toes, its just a sign of flexibility really, but can also indicate not so good things such as 'Sclorosis' (sp)?
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Aww thanks everyone, you have put my mind at rest!

Hopefully get on ok!

Good news anyway our police checks have come back ok and they are getting sent off soon!!

Thanks again

Emma

Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:53 pm
Kate,Mark,Jack and Scott

sunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to all

took about 2 weeks to get results, that's worse than the meds
thanks for that scott I wondered what touching your toes would show didn't want to sound like a thickie asking the question.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Us ladies can have blood in urine for other reasons (men run for cover!), if this is the case let the doc know. We had a pre-menstral teen who had blood in her urine but was just put down to her time of life.

Cx
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah i know the nurse told us to book them when its not that time! Dad got a bit embarrased to say the least because he needed to know when to book! You would think he got use to it living with two women hehe! And im nearly twenty!

Thanks again though
Emma
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

jam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nice

(I already posted this elsewhere but in case you missed it Em I copied into your thread.)

Medicals!

Me and missus are in our early 30's yet I still had my anxiety attacks over them! We had them on Monday gone. I was worried sick about my BP, as i had a spell of high BP 5 years ago and so with the usual white coat syndrome I thought i'd be told to get a cardiologist's report if it was repeatedly 140/90.
It ended up being 130/80 (probably 126/75 if I wasn't so anxious!).

So was well pleased to pass that and the rest of the tests were a doddle until.....

X-Ray (something I never ever thought I could fail). 24 hours after we had them done, they called me and told me they found a shadow...i thought sh*t there go the visa's and our dreams. I should have been thinking about my health more than the visa! lol! anyways it all had a happy ending as i went back that same morning they gave me the results and had a x-ray from a differing angle and low and behold, the shadow had gone. i can't tell you what a sigh of relief I gave when told (another 24 hour wait for the result however as the consultant radiologist who writes the reports was working back in the NHS that day!)

They will be sent tomorrow to join the rest of our application forms and to what im told the Adelaide (our destination) processing unit is processing 457 visa's within 7-10 working days! Coolio!

However we will probably go for PR when we're there so we will have to do the medicals all over again at some stage!

So to cut a long story short. Don't panic...everything will be fine but I'll wish you all the best non-the less mate.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again everyone just want to say thanks for all your help. Medicals went great, urine test clear as is everything else. Just waiting on x ray results and bloods but im sure they are both fine. I had to get my x ray taken twice think i just moved hehe! But the radiographer checked each of our films and they seem ok so thats good to know!

Posting our application off tommorow to be lodged so wowowowow exciting stuff now, done eveything we need to do! Just play the waiting game!

Thanks everyone for putting my mind at rest yesterday!

Em

x x