Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

[Pakistan] Which Debit/Credit Card you used for Online Application.

[Pakistan] Which Debit/Credit Card you used for Online Application.

Old Jul 16th 2010, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

rackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: [Pakistan] Which Debit/Credit Card you used for Online Application.

Originally Posted by abeersalik
you can deposit the required balance amount in advance to your credit card account after informing your bank. It works with Bank Alfalah Visa Card.
It can be done. But it will not work for the online transactions.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

rackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=shafaqat309]A searched a lot, contacted so many relatives/friends in Pakistan/ [QUOTE]

I am passing through the same phase.

Last edited by rackspace; Jul 16th 2010 at 5:25 am.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

abeersalik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rackspace
It can be done. But it will not work for the online transactions.
I did it once with Bank Alfalah Visa online. Hope it can be done with citbank as well. Let me confirm both banks.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

born2learn will become famous soon enoughborn2learn will become famous soon enough

I did it once with Bank Alfalah Visa online. Hope it can be done with citbank as well. Let me confirm both banks.
May be in the past but not possible now due to strict regulations because of recent money laundering frauds.

You can only do a transaction if you already have that much limit in your credit card, otherwise you cannot. Debit cards have a restriction of 100,000 amount per transaction. So only possibility is credit card having enough limit.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by born2learn
May be in the past but not possible now due to strict regulations because of recent money laundering frauds.

You can only do a transaction if you already have that much limit in your credit card, otherwise you cannot. Debit cards have a restriction of 100,000 amount per transaction. So only possibility is credit card having enough limit.
I know a case in the last month of such transaction.

While paying the x amount outstanding in your bill, you deposit x+y amount as per requirement. You do it 2 3 days prior to paying the fee to DIAC.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

I know a case in the last month of such transaction.

While paying the x amount outstanding in your bill, you deposit x+y amount as per requirement. You do it 2 3 days prior to paying the fee to DIAC.
let me confirm from the person who did that transaction if he used the card over than the limit.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Citibank Credit Card:
Advance deposit can only be 25% of the total credit limit. Depositing greater than that will block the card.

Citibank Debit Card:
Limit=Account Balance but the card doesn't work with all the websites. You have to make a trial.

Alfalah Credit Card:
Internet Transaction Department 042 111 225 786 says: Any amount can be deposited in advance but there is always a risk of transaction being blocked. In return, the deposited amount can only be withdrawn through merchant counters which will be a hassle.
Customer Service 111 225 111 says: Not possible.

The person, I was referring to, deposited Rs.200,000/- in advance to his Standard Chartered Master Card but the usage was within the max. limit. So cannot guarantee for that bank. I don't have account in SC.

Will share if got any other option.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 11:51 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Citibank Credit Card:
Advance deposit can only be 25% of the total credit limit. Depositing greater than that will block the card.

Citibank Debit Card:
Limit=Account Balance but the card doesn't work with all the websites. You have to make a trial.

Alfalah Credit Card:
Internet Transaction Department 042 111 225 786 says: Any amount can be deposited in advance but there is always a risk of transaction being blocked. In return, the deposited amount can only be withdrawn through merchant counters which will be a hassle.
Customer Service 111 225 111 says: Not possible.

The person, I was referring to, deposited Rs.200,000/- in advance to his Standard Chartered Master Card but the usage was within the max. limit. So cannot guarantee for that bank. I don't have account in SC.

Will share if got any other option.
Abeer,

I have tried it. You cannot pay more money in advance to charge a higher amount than your actual card limit. I was facing that dilema when I wanted to pay my ACS fees the 2nd time (appeal fees). Citibank refused. So I had to arrange money transfer via Bank Al-Habib. A friend of mine had a Euro account, he paid on my behalf.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jul 16th 2010, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by foha2012
Abeer,

I have tried it. You cannot pay more money in advance to charge a higher amount than your actual card limit. I was facing that dilema when I wanted to pay my ACS fees the 2nd time (appeal fees). Citibank refused. So I had to arrange money transfer via Bank Al-Habib. A friend of mine had a Euro account, he paid on my behalf.

Cheers,

TAA
You are right Foha. I am looking for the other options as well but those would be the last ones. I have also sent a request to my bank to enhance the limit but I am not very hopeful that they can increase the limit to Rs.200,000/-.

Foha have you lodged paper application for your visa? In that case we can use money transfer via banks.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 12:48 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

You are right Foha. I am looking for the other options as well but those would be the last ones. I have also sent a request to my bank to enhance the limit but I am not very hopeful that they can increase the limit to Rs.200,000/-.

Foha have you lodged paper application for your visa? In that case we can use money transfer via banks.
Abeer,

Transferring US$ these days from Pakistan is a very tricky and risky maneuver. Transferring via bank in Euro is a safer option.

I haven't applied to DIAC as yet. But I have paid ACS twice. The first time my credit card had a limit of 110,000 PKR. But recently they have reduced it to 25000 !!. which is good for nothing. Imagine my frustration when I had to pay 26040/- and my limit was 25000 !. It was then I asked CItibank to take money in advance but they won't listen!

When my time will come to pay to DIAC the 2525/- I will ask the same friend to pay in Euro.

Cheers.

TAA
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:43 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by foha2012
Abeer,

Transferring US$ these days from Pakistan is a very tricky and risky maneuver. Transferring via bank in Euro is a safer option.

I haven't applied to DIAC as yet. But I have paid ACS twice. The first time my credit card had a limit of 110,000 PKR. But recently they have reduced it to 25000 !!. which is good for nothing. Imagine my frustration when I had to pay 26040/- and my limit was 25000 !. It was then I asked CItibank to take money in advance but they won't listen!

When my time will come to pay to DIAC the 2525/- I will ask the same friend to pay in Euro.

Cheers.

TAA
I used Dollar East bank draft for ACS payment.