Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

[Pakistan] Which Debit/Credit Card you used for Online Application.

[Pakistan] Which Debit/Credit Card you used for Online Application.

Old Jul 15th 2010, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

rackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the rough
Default [Pakistan] Which Debit/Credit Card you used for Online Application.

I am about to launch my application online from Pakistan.
I tried debit card of CitiBank, but it didnt work.

Can any one tell me which what card will work online?

<snipped>

More than a bit over the top don't you think. Why would someone who doesn't know you make payment for you? And please do NOT PM people asking the same thing or you will be banned permanently.

Last edited by Rete; Jul 15th 2010 at 1:50 pm. Reason: More than a bit over the top don't you think. Why would someone who doesn't know you make payment for you?
Old Jul 15th 2010, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

tatoo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [Pakistan] Which Debit/Credit Card you used for Online Application.

try Alfalah credit card
Old Jul 15th 2010, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

evishalarora is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rackspace

<snipped>
If you dont have such a high limit(AUD 2525) then you can try for netteller. They provide you virtual credit card which I used. Only thing is you need to open account and transfer money to that account. Also, the currency conversion charges are lower than any credit card in India.

Last edited by Rete; Jul 15th 2010 at 1:50 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 12:48 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

I used CITIBANK visa credit card and it worked.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

born2learn will become famous soon enoughborn2learn will become famous soon enough

Any card would work if it has the required limit. Due to security reasons in Pakistan, some banks do not allow online transactions on their credit card and you must inform your bank about the online transaction before you pay online.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

rackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by evishalarora
If you dont have such a high limit(AUD 2525) then you can try for netteller. They provide you virtual credit card which I used. Only thing is you need to open account and transfer money to that account. Also, the currency conversion charges are lower than any credit card in India.
I just checked and netteller unfortunately is not available in Pakistan.
Do you know about any other similar service.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

jojy125 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have payed my assessment fee for EA by Debit card having VISA power.

Yes, its true that some of the banks does not permit the online transaction.

However, you can inform the concerned bank and ask them to permit you for the transaction.

Hope this will work..
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

mustafa_jaleel is an unknown quantity at this point

HSBC
Old Jul 15th 2010, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jojy125
I have payed my assessment fee for EA by Debit card having VISA power.

Yes, its true that some of the banks does not permit the online transaction.

However, you can inform the concerned bank and ask them to permit you for the transaction.

Hope this will work..
Thank you for your support.

Problem with most debit cards is that they have upper limit set as 100,000 PKR per transaction. And visa fee is about 190,000PKR.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 4:18 pm
playing dumb

thejohnhagen has a spectacular aura aboutthejohnhagen has a spectacular aura aboutthejohnhagen has a spectacular aura about

I used UBL Credit Card and it works fine. Got confirmation within seconds.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

abeersalik is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your support.

Problem with most debit cards is that they have upper limit set as 100,000 PKR per transaction. And visa fee is about 190,000PKR.
you can deposit the required balance amount in advance to your credit card account after informing your bank. It works with Bank Alfalah Visa Card.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 4:49 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

<snipped>

More than a bit over the top don't you think. Why would someone who doesn't know you make payment for you? And please do NOT PM people asking the same thing or you will be banned permanently.
A searched a lot, contacted so many relatives/friends in Pakistan, one friend offered me to use his debit card but limit was 100,000 even submitting cash in advance, then i approached my friend who is living in Sweden, i forwarded my application detail to him, we had a telephonic conversation and he did transaction from there and i got confirmation email after some time.

So you can approach your friends who are living abroad, 2525 AU$ will be nothing for them.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shafaqat309

So you can approach your friends who are living abroad, 2525 AU$ will be nothing for them.
Must have richer friends than most of us do then. $2525 is not "nothing"to most people.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Must have richer friends than most of us do then. $2525 is not "nothing"to most people.
I second it. Lot of people from outside world think western people are all rich and free of financial woes. The reality is most work for the monthly/yearly bills.

OP ! can I please be friend with your friend in sweden?
Old Jul 16th 2010, 4:14 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz
I second it. Lot of people from outside world think western people are all rich and free of financial woes. The reality is most work for the monthly/yearly bills.

OP ! can I please be friend with your friend in sweden?
He did transaction on my behalf and he said it is just a considerable amount for him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.