Wikiposts

*Question about Sponsor*

Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: *Question about Sponsor*

I would guess (and it's just that, a guess) that the COs probably have some leaway on this, and if not (ie: they MUST be certified copies) then hopefully they will simply ask for properly certified copies when they review the application. Perhaps one of the agents on the forum will comment on this question.

Hope it doesn't cause you problems.

Cheers,
Brian

Originally Posted by Claire&Richard
So, what if there was certified copies of the perm res visa, perm res letter, birth cert, but only photocopies of bills, mortgage etc?
Sorry to interrupt the flow of this thread icequeen...
Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Melty.... we are with an agent and for the sponsor side we have had to build a family tree on who it is, as its my uncle we have had to gather the following documents: uncles birth cert, my dads birth cert and my parents marriage cert to make sure that I am actually my fathers daughter... our sponsor has had to live in a designated area for the past 12 months (as previously mentioned).

No other info was required - other than him filling in the form and proving the living in designated area for the past 12 months.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:36 am
Account Closed

icequeen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Melty.... we are with an agent and for the sponsor side we have had to build a family tree on who it is, as its my uncle we have had to gather the following documents: uncles birth cert, my dads birth cert and my parents marriage cert to make sure that I am actually my fathers daughter... our sponsor has had to live in a designated area for the past 12 months (as previously mentioned).

No other info was required - other than him filling in the form and proving the living in designated area for the past 12 months.

Hi Cath, thanks a lot for your respond, it's very helpful as well!
That's exactly what I understood from DIMIA site, but my sponsor made me confused, he mixed up assurance of support and sponsorship
Well, I guess it's so easy to mix up things, specially us who are non English speakers!

Thanks again to everyone who took time to read the thread and gave advice, it's been very helpful!

cheers,
Marina
Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:38 am
Account Closed

icequeen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Claire&Richard
So, what if there was certified copies of the perm res visa, perm res letter, birth cert, but only photocopies of bills, mortgage etc?
Sorry to interrupt the flow of this thread icequeen...
No worries Claire, the thread is not my property ask anything you need to know!

good luck!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by icequeen1
Hi Cath, thanks a lot for your respond, it's very helpful as well!
That's exactly what I understood from DIMIA site, but my sponsor made me confused, he mixed up assurance of support and sponsorship
Well, I guess it's so easy to mix up things, specially us who are non English speakers!

Thanks again to everyone who took time to read the thread and gave advice, it's been very helpful!

cheers,
Marina
I think it has happened to quite a few of us at some point. Glad its helped Melty.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 3:28 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian0
Your sponsor is not income tested the way your assurer is. Many times the sponsor and assurer may be the same person, hence they would be income tested by CentreLink during the AoS process, but not by DIMIA. They might pass the DIMIA requirements to be the sponsor, but fail the AoS requirements to be an assurer. Taxable income numbers for the assurer have changed a bit over time, and you need to be sure that the assurer can prove that their TAXABLE income is higher than the required level (not gross income).

Your sponsor does not have to have lived in a designated area for 2 years, just 1 year (12 months), but must be able to prove that based on utility bills, etc with their name and address on it. The requirement is must be an Australian Citizen OR PR, must have been "usually resident" in Australia for 2 years (if you want to sponsor a parent, aged dependent, carer, or remaining relative). If you are sponsoring a brother or something like that I don't think the 2 year rule comes into play, and you could sponsor someone as soon as you become a PR and are living in Australia. There is no requirement to be employed from what I know. Otherwise many elderly folks could not sponsor their younger relatives.

Cheers,
Brian
Brian

Simple question really.

If I get my PR visa, when I arrive in Oz, can I sponsor my brother straight away? His AOS would come from a friend and Aussie citizen already there.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

I'm not an agent, so take this with a grain of salt, but I can't see anything in the sponsorship form (form 40) that says you would not be eligible to sponsor your brother right away. Perhaps an agent can absolutely confirm this, but the DIMIA documents seem to indicate that you should be fine.

Cheers,
Brian

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn
Brian

Simple question really.

If I get my PR visa, when I arrive in Oz, can I sponsor my brother straight away? His AOS would come from a friend and Aussie citizen already there.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 7:27 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not an agent, so take this with a grain of salt, but I can't see anything in the sponsorship form (form 40) that says you would not be eligible to sponsor your brother right away. Perhaps an agent can absolutely confirm this, but the DIMIA documents seem to indicate that you should be fine.

Cheers,
Brian
Thanks mate.

(After becoming an expert on the 136 - my brother now expects me to become an overnight expert on the 139)
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks mate.

(After becoming an expert on the 136 - my brother now expects me to become an overnight expert on the 139)

Remember the July1st cut off though for the visa and the designated area restrictions that will come into force.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 7:53 am
Banned

Remember the July1st cut off though for the visa and the designated area restrictions that will come into force.
Does that cut off apply to applications lodged before that date?
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

The applications which are recieved before the 30th June will go through as they do now. From the 1st of July - they go through as temp visa's. A few months ago JAJ mentioned they may change the number (if I remember rightly) as temp visa's dont start with 13 something.Which suggests the 139 may become extinct from 30th June.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

The July 1st cutoff is the timing when the 139 will morph into a temp visa of some sort. If you apply for a 139 prior to the changes being brought in you will likely still be on the track for a PR visa.

Also, note that you cannot be the sponsor for a 139 visa subclass unless you have lived in the designated area for 12 months PRIOR to the application being submitted. If you have not been living in the designated area for more than 12 months then you could only sponsor for a 138 subclass visa.

Cheers,
Brian

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

The July 1st cutoff is the timing when the 139 will morph into a temp visa of some sort. If you apply for a 139 prior to the changes being brought in you will likely still be on the track for a PR visa.

Also, note that you cannot be the sponsor for a 139 visa subclass unless you have lived in the designated area for 12 months PRIOR to the application being submitted. If you have not been living in the designated area for more than 12 months then you could only sponsor for a 138 subclass visa.

Cheers,
Brian
Good point Brian.. I had forgot to mention that and thats the most important part really in conjunction to the change.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:32 am
Banned

Good point Brian.. I had forgot to mention that and thats the most important part really in conjunction to the change.
The Lapthorns embarked upon this colosal journey over a year ago now. And like most of us on BE have encountered heavy financial burden, excessive toil and stress in the the quest of a favourable future for our off spring.

So, just as it looks like we're ending the road towards an affirmative or negative evaluation from our delectable case officer, my fckin brother decides he wants to come too!!!

He can get 110 points, and with my experience obviously making me a migration agent, he thinks I can find him the other 10. Lovely.

Thanks again for your replies Brian/Paul.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

If you brother can get 110 points then he can go for a 138 which is not changing in July and you won't need to be living in a designated area at all. You could then sponsor him immediately upon arrival. The 138 has a pass mark of 110, not the 120 for a 136.

Cheers,
Brian

The Lapthorns embarked upon this colosal journey over a year ago now. And like most of us on BE have encountered heavy financial burden, excessive toil and stress in the the quest of a favourable future for our off spring.

So, just as it looks like we're ending the road towards an affirmative or negative evaluation from our delectable case officer, my fckin brother decides he wants to come too!!!

He can get 110 points, and with my experience obviously making me a migration agent, he thinks I can find him the other 10. Lovely.

Thanks again for your replies Brian/Paul.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.