*** Police checks but with a twist !!!!

Old Aug 20th 2004, 10:33 am
OZ in Sep -HOme at last

macnet1 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation *** Police checks but with a twist !!!!

HI Folks thanks for reading this,

Questions here from a dumb guy....

Ok - On my PR application I said that I had no convictions, however looking at these threads I may have something that I may have to declare.

At the age of 18 I was convicted of supply canabis to a woman who had MS. Under the law I was convicted as a drug supplier and find £25.

When I come to Police checks, I was doing some work with a school earlier this year and they requested a Police cHECK. It come back with this conviction from when I was 18. The school were fine with this and I continued to work for them....

However... I'm now really worried that when I apply for my Police check for my visa application (this is all they need now as they have our medicals) this will show up...

What do you think guys ?

Cheers
Worried - Mac
Old Aug 20th 2004, 11:09 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: *** Police checks but with a twist !!!!

Hi Mac,

The best thing to do is inform them that you have this offence. there are guidelines to what is acceptable when it comes to convictions and offences but the question here will be your honesty as they will pick up on this at some point.

I would not worry too much about the offence itself.

Hope it helps

Rob

Originally Posted by macnet1

Ok - On my PR application I said that I had no convictions, however looking at these threads I may have something that I may have to declare.

At the age of 18 I was convicted of supply canabis to a woman who had MS. Under the law I was convicted as a drug supplier and find £25.

When I come to Police checks, I was doing some work with a school earlier this year and they requested a Police cHECK. It come back with this conviction from when I was 18. The school were fine with this and I continued to work for them....

However... I'm now really worried that when I apply for my Police check for my visa application (this is all they need now as they have our medicals) this will show up...

What do you think guys ?

Cheers
Worried - Mac
Old Aug 20th 2004, 3:38 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

What do you think guys ?

Cheers
Worried - Mac
Include a letter outlining the offence and the circumstance surrounding it.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 3:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

What do you think guys ?

Cheers
Worried - Mac
Hi Mac,
What you had earlier this year was a CRB check. If the conviction
was on there it will almost certainly be on your subject access check for emigration.
So, firstly, you will need to admit it. Don't hide it. Wait till they request the check, then say you thought it was over and forgotten and you are sorry for not declaring it. Secondly, the police check will just say what you were convicted of - ie supplying cannabis. So, you need to write a letter explaining WHY you were supplying it. Get someone to corroborate this if you can - perhaps a Stat Dec from someone who knew the person you were supplying.
Then get Stat Decs from people who can vouch for your character now.

People on here have far worse convictions, and have got visas. Stay calm.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 11:08 pm
Terry Russell

"macnet1" <member21142@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > HI Folks thanks for reading this,
    > Questions here from a dumb guy....
    > Ok - On my PR application I said that I had no convictions,
    > however looking at these threads I may have something that I may
    > have to declare.
    > At the age of 18 I was convicted of supply canabis to a woman who had
    > MS. Under the law I was convicted as a drug supplier and find £25.
    > When I come to Police checks, I was doing some work with a school
    > earlier this year and they requested a Police cHECK. It come back with
    > this conviction from when I was 18. The school were fine with this and I
    > continued to work for them....
    > However... I'm now really worried that when I apply for my Police check
    > for my visa application (this is all they need now as they have our
    > medicals) this will show up...
    > What do you think guys ?

if convicted of course it will show up
the offense itself is probably trivial but brings the question
why should you try and hide it ? what else are you hiding?

this is probably out of date
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...l?oneclick=tru
e
rules vary with the political zeitgeist
[ yes zeitgeist is out of fashion ;-) ]

Document it, it probably wouldn't have been a conviction in most states.