Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

****Urgent**** Skills assessment NOT completed, suggested RPL

****Urgent**** Skills assessment NOT completed, suggested RPL

Old Feb 23rd 2013, 9:39 am
Just Joined

bijesh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ****Urgent**** Skills assessment NOT completed, suggested RPL

Hi,

Did you get the answer for the 3rd question?
3. References section is asking for certified statement from referees. What does that mean? Is it the same as the reference letter provided while applying for the assessment? If yes, I have given a detailed reference letter from my employer. Obtain a reference letter, have it certified.

i am also stuck at this point.

Thanks,
Bijesh
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bijesh
Hi,

Did you get the answer for the 3rd question?
3. References section is asking for certified statement from referees. What does that mean? Is it the same as the reference letter provided while applying for the assessment? If yes, I have given a detailed reference letter from my employer. Obtain a reference letter, have it certified.

i am also stuck at this point.

Thanks,
Bijesh
Was it certified?
Did it cover the entire period of expected experience requirement?
Old May 29th 2013, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

shamchulani is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ivn490
Hi,
I received the below response from ACS for my skills assessment application and I need some help in responding to their email. I have made my comments with "IVN:" for the questions (in bold RED) I have regarding their email.
__________________________________________________ _____________
Your skills assessment xxxxxx has been assessed as NOT closely related to the nominated ANZSCO code.
The assessor has made a recommendation that your application is suitable for ANZSCO code 2611xx . If you would like to change your nominated ANZSCO code as per this recommendation, please respond to this email stating your preference.
IVN: I initially applied for systems analyst, the only other one with 2611xx is the ICT Business Analyst. But I have significant coding and development experience and I am not sure if I should respond back to them with an ANZSCO code or just say that I will go with their recommendation as they only mention 2611xx on their email.

Please note: If you wish to nominate an alternate ANZSCO code apart from this recommendation, you will be required to submit a Review Application after your current skills assessment has been finalized.
Also your qualifications have been assessed as not meeting the ACS educational requirements for this application type. We would like to provide you the option to change your application type to a RPL application (Recognition of Prior Learning).
To proceed with a RPL application, please complete the 2 following actions -
Action No: 1 - Please submit an additional payment of $50.00 AUD.
Action No: 2 - Please completed an ACS Project Report Form.
We will place your skills assessment on hold for an extra 30 days. If no contact has been received from you by the ACS after this period, we will proceed to assess your application according to the existing documentation.
IVN: The ACS project report (https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets...eport-Form.odt) is a huge document asking for too many details like:
1. Client name, contact number, email id, etc which I am not sure if I should be providing that information. One is it breaches client confidentiality and secondly I work in a highly charged political environment, so I am not very comfortable with ACS contacting my client for information.
2. Solution section goes too deep into designing and use of tools but one of my clients uses bare minimum tools and most of the design and documentation happens with MS office tools. So I am wondering what kind of details can I get into on that one.
3. References section is asking for certified statement from referees. What does that mean? Is it the same as the reference letter provided while applying for the assessment? If yes, I have given a detailed reference letter from my employer.

__________________________________________________ _____________

I have searched other posts from the past, but none of them refer to the NEW RPL launched since Feb 2012 hence opening up a new thread to get latest information. If anyone has had to submit a latest RPL and got approved, please shared some samples, it would be really helpful to have a point of reference.

Please help.
Hi Were you able to complete your RPL. I am in a fix to do my RPL. Do you know if we need to complete all sections of the RPL CBOK.?