Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

****Urgent**** Skills assessment NOT completed, suggested RPL

****Urgent**** Skills assessment NOT completed, suggested RPL

Old Sep 10th 2012, 2:25 am
Just Joined

ivn490 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question ****Urgent**** Skills assessment NOT completed, suggested RPL

Hi,
I received the below response from ACS for my skills assessment application and I need some help in responding to their email. I have made my comments with "IVN:" for the questions (in bold RED) I have regarding their email.
__________________________________________________ _____________
Your skills assessment xxxxxx has been assessed as NOT closely related to the nominated ANZSCO code.
The assessor has made a recommendation that your application is suitable for ANZSCO code 2611xx . If you would like to change your nominated ANZSCO code as per this recommendation, please respond to this email stating your preference.
IVN: I initially applied for systems analyst, the only other one with 2611xx is the ICT Business Analyst. But I have significant coding and development experience and I am not sure if I should respond back to them with an ANZSCO code or just say that I will go with their recommendation as they only mention 2611xx on their email.

Please note: If you wish to nominate an alternate ANZSCO code apart from this recommendation, you will be required to submit a Review Application after your current skills assessment has been finalized.
Also your qualifications have been assessed as not meeting the ACS educational requirements for this application type. We would like to provide you the option to change your application type to a RPL application (Recognition of Prior Learning).
To proceed with a RPL application, please complete the 2 following actions -
Action No: 1 - Please submit an additional payment of $50.00 AUD.
Action No: 2 - Please completed an ACS Project Report Form.
We will place your skills assessment on hold for an extra 30 days. If no contact has been received from you by the ACS after this period, we will proceed to assess your application according to the existing documentation.
IVN: The ACS project report (https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets...eport-Form.odt) is a huge document asking for too many details like:
1. Client name, contact number, email id, etc which I am not sure if I should be providing that information. One is it breaches client confidentiality and secondly I work in a highly charged political environment, so I am not very comfortable with ACS contacting my client for information.
2. Solution section goes too deep into designing and use of tools but one of my clients uses bare minimum tools and most of the design and documentation happens with MS office tools. So I am wondering what kind of details can I get into on that one.
3. References section is asking for certified statement from referees. What does that mean? Is it the same as the reference letter provided while applying for the assessment? If yes, I have given a detailed reference letter from my employer.

I have searched other posts from the past, but none of them refer to the NEW RPL launched since Feb 2012 hence opening up a new thread to get latest information. If anyone has had to submit a latest RPL and got approved, please shared some samples, it would be really helpful to have a point of reference.

Please help.

Last edited by ivn490; Sep 10th 2012 at 4:00 am.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 2:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ****Urgent**** Skills assessment NOT completed, suggested RPL

If its that urgent you might be better getting a registered agent to help you.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 2:56 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ivn490
Hi,
I received the below response from ACS for my skills assessment application and I need some help in responding to their email. I have made my comments with "IVN:" for the questions (in bold RED) I have regarding their email.
Your skills assessment xxxxxx has been assessed as NOT closely related to the nominated ANZSCO code.
The assessor has made a recommendation that your application is suitable for ANZSCO code 2611xx . If you would like to change your nominated ANZSCO code as per this recommendation, please respond to this email stating your preference.
IVN: I initially applied for systems analyst, the only other one with 2611xx is the ICT Business Analyst. But I have significant coding and development experience and I am not sure if I should respond back to them with an ANZSCO code or just say that I will go with their recommendation as they only mention 2611xx on their email.

Please note: If you wish to nominate an alternate ANZSCO code apart from this recommendation, you will be required to submit a Review Application after your current skills assessment has been finalized.
Also your qualifications have been assessed as not meeting the ACS educational requirements for this application type. We would like to provide you the option to change your application type to a RPL application (Recognition of Prior Learning).
We will place your skills assessment on hold for an extra 30 days. If no contact has been received from you by the ACS after this period, we will proceed to assess your application according to the existing documentation.
IVN: The ACS project report (https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets...eport-Form.odt) is a huge document asking for too many details like:
1. Client name, contact number, email id, etc which I am not sure if I should be providing that information. One is it breaches client confidentiality and secondly I work in a highly charged political environment, so I am not very comfortable with ACS contact my client for any information.
2. Solution section goes too deep into designing and use of tools but one of my clients uses bare minimum tools and most of the design and documentation happens with MS office tools. So I am wondering what kind of details can I get into that one.
3. References section is asking for certified statement from referees. What does that mean? Is it the same as the reference letter provided while applying for the assessment? If yes, I have given a detailed reference letter from my employer.

I have searched other posts from the past, but none of them refer to the NEW RPL launched since Feb 2012 hence opening up a new thread to get latest information. If anyone has had to submit a latest RPL and got approved, please shared some samples, it would be really helpful to have a point of reference.

Please help.
1) I fail to see the urgency in this. However, if you feel it is urgent, then you should take Pollyana's advice & see a MARA registered agent.

2) Please don't ask people for samples from their RPLs. Many people may not be comfortable handing over work that they'd done for their own assessments. There's far too much of a risk that a sample given "for guidance" to a stranger suddenly becomes that person's actual RPL that gets submitted (I'm not saying that you would do that, but there are people that would).
Old Sep 10th 2012, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Yes. I agree. But when I am done with my RPL, I will circulate a trimmed down version of my RPL for anybody's reference. Right now, I am not finding any. :-)

Just fyi, I got my wife's and a friends assessment done without any assistance. It's just that in my case I got stuck into this RPL thing because of my non-IT educational background.

By the way, who do you recommend? And what is that they usually charge for assisting with the RPL?

Could you please comment on my 1st question? I did not understand the 2611xx mentioned by ACS?

Thanks for your responses.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 3:10 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. I agree. But when I am done with my RPL, I will circulate a trimmed down version of my RPL for anybody's reference. Right now, I am not finding any. :-)

Just fyi, I got my wife's and a friends assessment done without any assistance. It's just that in my case I got stuck into this RPL thing because of my non-IT educational background.

By the way, who do you recommend? And what is that they usually charge for assisting with the RPL?

Could you please comment on my 1st question? I did not understand the 2611xx mentioned by ACS?

I didn't use an agent, so I can't give personal recommendations, but I've heard nothing but good things about George Lombard & Alan Collett (you can search for them on here).

By the looks of it, ACS are suggesting that another code would be more suitable. They're also saying that if you don't want to go with the suggestion & want to nominate an alternative code, then you would need to submit a review application after the skills assessment has been finalised.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 4:30 am
Just Joined

Question Skills assessment NOT completed, suggested RPL

Hi,

I received the below response from ACS for my skills assessment application and I need some help in responding to their email. I have made my comments with "IVN:" for the questions I have regarding their email.
Your skills assessment xxxxxx has been assessed as NOT closely related to the nominated ANZSCO code. The assessor has made a recommendation that your application is suitable for ANZSCO code 2611xx . If you would like to change your nominated ANZSCO code as per this recommendation, please respond to this email stating your preference.

IVN: I initially applied for programmer analyst, the other one with 2611xx is the ICT Business Analyst or System Analyst. But I have significant coding and development experience and I am not sure if I should respond back to them with an ANZSCO code or just say that I will go with their recommendation as they only mention 2611xx on their email.

IVN: The ACS RPL project report is a huge document asking for too many details like:
1. Client name, contact number, email id, etc which I am not sure if I should be providing that information. One is it breaches client confidentiality and secondly I work in a highly charged political environment, so I am not very comfortable with ACS contact my client for any information.
2. Solution section goes too deep into designing and use of tools but one of my clients uses bare minimum tools and most of the design and documentation happens with MS office tools. So I am wondering what kind of details can I get into that one.
4. Could anyone advise if we should include information about related IT subjects we learnt in school and college (degree studies)? Because if i only include information related to work, then i don't think i have much to write. Previous information may strengthen my application. Any one has any suggestions?

Please help.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 6:09 am

Default Re: Skills assessment NOT completed, suggested RPL (Thread merged)

Hi,

I received the below response from ACS for my skills assessment application and I need some help in responding to their email. I have made my comments with "IVN:" for the questions I have regarding their email.
Your skills assessment xxxxxx has been assessed as NOT closely related to the nominated ANZSCO code. The assessor has made a recommendation that your application is suitable for ANZSCO code 2611xx . If you would like to change your nominated ANZSCO code as per this recommendation, please respond to this email stating your preference.

IVN: I initially applied for programmer analyst, the other one with 2611xx is the ICT Business Analyst or System Analyst. But I have significant coding and development experience and I am not sure if I should respond back to them with an ANZSCO code or just say that I will go with their recommendation as they only mention 2611xx on their email.

IVN: The ACS RPL project report is a huge document asking for too many details like:
4. Could anyone advise if we should include information about related IT subjects we learnt in school and college (degree studies)? Because if i only include information related to work, then i don't think i have much to write. Previous information may strengthen my application. Any one has any suggestions?

Please help.
Threads merged.

Please don't open multiple threads about the same topic. If there's something new to add, I'm sure someone would do so on your original thread.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 6:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skills assessment NOT completed, suggested RPL

Hi,

Please help.
It's now been 6 days since you posted this the first time. Have you done this yet? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...90&postcount=2
Old Sep 16th 2012, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Yes, I did. It is not something I can afford. I really need some opinion from someone who has worked with the new project form.

And sorry for multiple threads, just getting desperate with 1 week already spent and 3 more weeks left. Also concerned about getting reference letters from companies. Companies don't support when a employee is actually trying to quit.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 6:23 am

Yes, I did. It is not something I can afford. I really need some opinion from someone who has worked with the new project form.

And sorry for multiple threads, just getting desperate with 1 week already spent and 3 more weeks left. Also concerned about getting reference letters from companies. Companies don't support when a employee is actually trying to quit.
I don't see what you want/expect people on here to do. I've already said not to ask other people for sample RPLs in your first thread. I also explained what ACS were saying about the code they suggested. The other points are self-explanatory.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 6:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Well then, you're going to have to make some tough decisions in the next few days.
1 - Do you want to emigrate to Australia?
2 - Do you need a skills assessment to do that?
3 - Can you pass a skills assessment based on the information you provided?
4 - How badly do you actually want to do #1?
5 - What are you going to do about it?

Nobody. And I do mean nobody here is going to give you their RPL to submit as yours. You are the only one who can write your RPL, so if you really want to apply for a visa you're going to have to get off your backside and get writing. It's not going to get done by itself and nobody is going to do it for you.

Oh, and I just wrote my RPL for university. Yes, it's long and hard work, but I wanted to get credit for work I'd done previously so I did it.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 6:28 am

Default Re: Skills assessment NOT completed, suggested RPL

Action No: 1 - Please submit an additional payment of $50.00 AUD. Pay them the AUD $50.00.
Action No: 2 - Please completed an ACS Project Report Form. Complete the ACS report form.

1. Client name, contact number, email id, etc which I am not sure if I should be providing that information. One is it breaches client confidentiality and secondly I work in a highly charged political environment, so I am not very comfortable with ACS contact my client for any information. It doesn't matter whether you are comfortable with it or not. If they require it, you do it. Assuming you want to receive a positive skills assessment, that is.
2. Solution section goes too deep into designing and use of tools but one of my clients uses bare minimum tools and most of the design and documentation happens with MS office tools. So I am wondering what kind of details can I get into that one. As many details as possible, perhaps?
3. References section is asking for certified statement from referees. What does that mean? Is it the same as the reference letter provided while applying for the assessment? If yes, I have given a detailed reference letter from my employer. Obtain a reference letter, have it certified.
4. Could anyone advise if we should include information about related IT subjects we learnt in school and college (degree studies)? Because if i only include information related to work, then i don't think i have much to write. Previous information may strengthen my application. Any one has any suggestions? Include any information it asks you for.
Points in red.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 9:17 am
Just Joined

I have already started with filling up the RPL project form. I have knocked off the first two sections (TR.Technology RESOURCES & TB.Technology Building) and am happy with what I have been able to complete. Hopefully the next couple of days I should be able to complete it.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 9:29 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I have already started with filling up the RPL project form. I have knocked off the first two sections (TR.Technology RESOURCES & TB.Technology Building) and am happy with what I have been able to complete. Hopefully the next couple of days I should be able to complete it.
But this is your spouses skill?
Old Dec 6th 2012, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Yes, this is for my spouses skills. We did receive the positive assessment in a couple of days after submitting the project form.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.