******** migration agents

Old Jan 19th 2003, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Steven O'Neil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Louise

At present you do not have to have an Registered Migration Agents Number to operate OUTSIDE Australia. There is some thought that DIMIA will bring in tighter requirements in the furture to only allow their officers to only talk to either the applicant, sponsor or registered migration agent (whether in or outside Australia). Although I have not heard any developments on this for some time.

Doesn't help you this time though.

Regards

Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com
Old Jan 19th 2003, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

cruisey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ******** migration agents

Hi Louise,

From my personal experiences with Mr. Copsey (********) I can only advise you to steer clear. My Wife and I paid the £99 and got back a report that was not personal to us, and looked like a standard document churned out to suit everyone (despite the detailed information we gave).

They quoted £4,000 after the initial assessment (£99), on top of that I read numerous unfavourable news articles on ******** and Graham Copsey. e.g:

- Visa Plus is Graham and his pal (I forget his name) working from home via a postal address in London.
- Their previous attempt (First Point) left lots of people out of pocket with their dreams ruined

Graham may well be innocent and perfectly legitimate, but the extortionate price and the bad press made us go elsewhere. We went with Ian Harrop in the end. A fraction of the cost, nice helpful guy, and we actually met him and his team at his office in Burford (which made us feel more comfortable).

Hope this helps......
Old Jan 21st 2003, 9:19 am
Ladybird

Hi Louise,

Unfortunately the Australian Agents are much the same....
even if registered !!...
DONT pay the money up front.
Our experience is the contract will not be honoured.

Why else would they spend so much time here giving information for free ?.

regards,
Ladybird

Old Jan 21st 2003, 9:57 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't judge others by your own experiences ... so far as I recall you have made unsubstantiated comments on this newsgroup in the past about another agent and because of client confidentiality he has not been able to reply openly.

Best regards.

Originally posted by Ladybird
Hi Louise,

Unfortunately the Australian Agents are much the same....
even if registered !!...
DONT pay the money up front.
Our experience is the contract will not be honoured.

Why else would they spend so much time here giving information for free ?.

regards,
Ladybird
Old Jan 21st 2003, 10:19 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Jointly won by the international removals company Cargo Forwarding, which disappeared leaving scores of customers? belongings stranded across the globe, and First Point International, which claimed to procure visas for would-be emigrants to the US. Cargo Forwarding had once before gone into liquidation, losing some customers their possessions, and is presently launching a third incarnation, CFI Movers. First Point, whose activities left scores of customers out of pocket, is now reinvented as ******** and, according to trading standards, there are still no guarantees that customers will get the visa they are paying several thousand pounds for.

copy from newspaper article
Old Jan 21st 2003, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

lidleony is an unknown quantity at this point

i used to consult with another dot com consultant...
while i was in melbourne i went to meet them. well nobody answer our call and meet us. when i ask the secretary of the building where they are...she said they are meeting clients and very busy at that moment. and because i dont have time ...i go back...and went back to us without checking. So i pay $100, and i was so surprised to see that the report is so standard, and there was no comment about me. i know that my application is not straight forward, so i expect some notice or caution.

but, the report is so standard saying i am eligible...and i need to pay more if i want to continue. after that i just stopped any communication with them coz i feel cheated.

and then 1 week later (approx) i was contacted by ********. i dont know where they got the name...but seeing the same scheme like lthe one before...i just drop it and never contact them.

yes, the decision to choose agent has to be made carefully and cant be just for the convenience. thats lesson no. #1 that i learnt