$100k Bond Requested

Old Oct 17th 2004, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

dave500 has a spectacular aura aboutdave500 has a spectacular aura aboutdave500 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: $100k Bond Requested

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi everyone,

Well I have just got back from Prague, where spent my 30th, and checked my online messages from my Agent.

And get this.............the $100k Bond has been requested (15th October).

This is the best 30th b'day present ever. I should get the scanned documentation next week when I return to my office and work email.

This is surely the green light now.........although I will still be keeping everything crossed until the visa is granted. I cant stop shaking.

Cheers

SS
well done and all the very best to you!
Old Oct 17th 2004, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: $100k Bond Requested

Hi SS,
Well done, I am really pleased for you, what a way to celebrate your 30th. You must be over the moon. I hope I get my request soon, the waiitng is killling me. Your agent is in Oz, is that right? Mine is here in Manchester, so it may be a few more days yet for me (or weeks, i hope not though.) Well done again, over the moon for you.

Hi everyone,

Well I have just got back from Prague, where spent my 30th, and checked my online messages from my Agent.

This is the best 30th b'day present ever. I should get the scanned documentation next week when I return to my office and work email.

This is surely the green light now.........although I will still be keeping everything crossed until the visa is granted. I cant stop shaking.

Cheers

SS
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

hi again,

i was just wondering how many days dimia have given you to lodge the bond
cheers

Hi everyone,

Cheers

SS
Old Oct 17th 2004, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Hi, Thanks for the congrats everyone

Tincx..cheers for the link, I guess I should have tried a search first, it seems that I started that link!!

As for the rates, I will email them all again tomorrow. Reckon 5% would be great if I can get it.

Threlly..nice to hear from you again. My agent is based in Oz, so I heard from them on Friday. I have 49 days to lodge the bond, but I will see the paperwork tomorrow as they have scanned the letter and sent it to my work email. Reckon I will use HIFX. And you will surely get your request soon....who are you going to use?

Cheers

SS
Old Oct 17th 2004, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Thanks for the congrats everyone

Tincx..cheers for the link, I guess I should have tried a search first, it seems that I started that link!!

As for the rates, I will email them all again tomorrow. Reckon 5% would be great if I can get it.

Threlly..nice to hear from you again. My agent is based in Oz, so I heard from them on Friday. I have 49 days to lodge the bond, but I will see the paperwork tomorrow as they have scanned the letter and sent it to my work email. Reckon I will use HIFX. And you will surely get your request soon....who are you going to use?

Cheers

SS
Hi SS

Thanks for your reply to my earlier posting (I'd asked about the bond but mistakenly posted it on the 'lifestyle' forum rather than this one - sorry but I'm new to this). I am taking your advice and have printed off the forms from HIFX and have read and signed them. I just wondered, as I'm worried about the short time I've got left to post the bond (has to be back with the CO on the 10th of Nov) - do you know if HIFX will accept a faxed copy of the forms and necessary id or did you have to post originals to them when you opened an account?

I see from your timeline that we started the app process at very similar times and have experienced very similar timeframes for UK PCCs etc. Pretty consistent response times from DIMIA.

Thanks
BB
Old Oct 17th 2004, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Hi there,

I definitely posted everything, and photocopied the id (passport and driving licence for good measure, plus proof of address). They received it the next day and the account ws opened instantly...I got a call from one of the currency dealers the same day to discuss my case.

I think you have nothing to worry about with the timings. HIFX buy your currency instantly and then invoice you for it. They will then transfer it to one of the State Bonds. All you have to do is inform the State that they will be receiving the money, fax them some forms and then post the originals when they have received the cash (I think, I'll be finding all this out this week when I do it). You have 14 days from the time you phone them to say you will be investing in them until they must receive the originals. They then issue the certificate and send letter/form to DIMIA saying all is in place.

So I reckon its best to buy the currency, then phone to say you'll be investing, then when HIFX have told you the money has been invested you should courier the docs to the State.

Hope this helps....I'll be finding more out this week when I begin the process!!

SS
Old Oct 17th 2004, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I definitely posted everything, and photocopied the id (passport and driving licence for good measure, plus proof of address). They received it the next day and the account ws opened instantly...I got a call from one of the currency dealers the same day to discuss my case.

I think you have nothing to worry about with the timings. HIFX buy your currency instantly and then invoice you for it. They will then transfer it to one of the State Bonds. All you have to do is inform the State that they will be receiving the money, fax them some forms and then post the originals when they have received the cash (I think, I'll be finding all this out this week when I do it). You have 14 days from the time you phone them to say you will be investing in them until they must receive the originals. They then issue the certificate and send letter/form to DIMIA saying all is in place.

So I reckon its best to buy the currency, then phone to say you'll be investing, then when HIFX have told you the money has been invested you should courier the docs to the State.

Hope this helps....I'll be finding more out this week when I begin the process!!

SS
Hi SS

Thanks for the help. We've taken copies of the id needed and put the form together. My husband is about to go down to the post box so that we catch the first post tomorrow. I've emailed the states to find out interest rates and so hopefully will be able to select one in the next few days. Just got to hope the loan comes through soon.

Good luck for your bond and getting the visa. So close to it now!!

BB
Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi there,

I reckon your account will be set up on Tuesday, no probs. Good luck with it all, and let us know what rates you are given. I reckon we are going to be doing this at the same time.

Also, good luck getting the loans....that did take me a little longer than expected but its a relief to get it done.

Cheers

SS