$100K bond - related Q

Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Bonus points for lodging A$100,000

Cheers Tincx, great advice and info as usual.

I reckon I'll bite the bullet and just get the currency tomorrow (I hope!). I spent some time in Oz on a WHV so have a TFN already which should save some bucks.

When are you planning to make the move?

Cheers

SS
Old Oct 24th 2004, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Cheers Tincx, great advice and info as usual.

I reckon I'll bite the bullet and just get the currency tomorrow...
Hi SS
We're planning to get our currency too this week. We opened a HIFX account (as easy as you said it would be), our loan application has been approved and the money should be in by Tuesday.
Don't know if you've had any quotes from the states but the best we've had is 5% from both NT and WA (which I think isn't too bad given our loan rate is 5.6%). The worst was from NSW at 4.42%. I asked QLD but only got an automated reply saying the person was on holiday but with no other email to try.
Would be interested to hear how you get on.

BB
Old Oct 24th 2004, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Hi there,

I reckon I'll go for WA..they seem very responsive so far and answer all my questions.

I will use HIFX as well, but unfortunately I didnt get quite as good a rate as you on the money I had to learn. But I always knew that it wouldn''t be as low as 5% so am happy to lose a fw hundred quid over the year if it means I get the visa.

Have you got your 1134 through yet?

Cheers

SS
Old Oct 24th 2004, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi there,

I reckon I'll go for WA..they seem very responsive so far and answer all my questions.

I will use HIFX as well, but unfortunately I didnt get quite as good a rate as you on the money I had to learn. But I always knew that it wouldn''t be as low as 5% so am happy to lose a fw hundred quid over the year if it means I get the visa.

Have you got your 1134 through yet?

Cheers

SS
Yes, we have our 1134 and have to return proof of the bond by the 10th of November. Hopefully we'll get everything over to WA or NT by the end of the week and then we have our fingers crossed that they'll process the bond and send the required info to our CO in time.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Tincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by beach bound
Yes, we have our 1134 and have to return proof of the bond by the 10th of November. Hopefully we'll get everything over to WA or NT by the end of the week and then we have our fingers crossed that they'll process the bond and send the required info to our CO in time.
Hi BB

So long as you email your CO to say you have transferred the money then thats all thats required with regards to deadline dates, so dont worry about missing it, just so long as you send the money before the 10th November all will be fine. On form 1134 it should say to contact your CO to say you have done what has been asked... Not long to go now
Old Oct 24th 2004, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tincx
Hi BB

So long as you email your CO to say you have transferred the money then thats all thats required with regards to deadline dates, so dont worry about missing it, just so long as you send the money before the 10th November all will be fine. On form 1134 it should say to contact your CO to say you have done what has been asked... Not long to go now
Hi Tincx

Thanks for your message. I have been watching your progress - many congrats on getting your visa! Thanks for the info about emailing my CO. You're right about the 1134 saying that we should contact the CO to say we've done the necessary, I had it in my mind that they'd need the proof from the state as well by then. I am glad to hear that isn't the case because, although I'm sure it wouldn't take too long for the state to get the proof over, that stage is out of our hands!

BB
Old Oct 24th 2004, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Tincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by beach bound
Hi Tincx

Thanks for your message. I have been watching your progress - many congrats on getting your visa! Thanks for the info about emailing my CO. You're right about the 1134 saying that we should contact the CO to say we've done the necessary, I had it in my mind that they'd need the proof from the state as well by then. I am glad to hear that isn't the case because, although I'm sure it wouldn't take too long for the state to get the proof over, that stage is out of our hands!

BB
BB

No worries, it took my state (QLD) the same day to sign off the form and post it to Adelaide, so you should not worry either way, they seem to be very quick (the state treasuries) when they receive your money, its signed off and on its way to your CO. You will get a certificate in the post from your state treasury with details of your bond lodgement about 10 days later.