$100K bond question

Old Feb 24th 2005, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

CtrlAltDel is an unknown quantity at this point
Question $100K bond question

We got our letter requesting payment of the bond today (about 6 weeks after sending off the medicals and PCCs); just how positive a sign is this actually? Would they ask for the bond if they were going to turn down your application?

The excitement is definitely starting to mount in this small corner of Surrey; we've been watching several programmes on families relocating to Aus, and we're not getting very tense!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: $100K bond question

Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel
We got our letter requesting payment of the bond today (about 6 weeks after sending off the medicals and PCCs); just how positive a sign is this actually? Would they ask for the bond if they were going to turn down your application?

The excitement is definitely starting to mount in this small corner of Surrey; we've been watching several programmes on families relocating to Aus, and we're not getting very tense!
There not going to turn you down now. Its just formality now, so enjoy the feeling, and start thinking about the move.
Congrats.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 12:46 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

As said its just a formality you have crossed a milestone certainly.

I do have a question for you. Could you share your timeline?

It seems you are either MArch or April Applicant

Badri
Old Feb 24th 2005, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

jeeva will become famous soon enough

Congratulations. Your PR grant letter is almost ready and waiting to be sent off. All they need now is your 100K state investment. Soon you'd be shouting 'I got it..'
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

nfernand is an unknown quantity at this point

yes !! for sure you got. I got my PR in DEC 04 after 3 wks of sending the $100 K. But..........I am still in London. Waiting for a job in hand before departing cold UK.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: $100K bond question

Originally Posted by badri
I do have a question for you. Could you share your timeline? It seems you are either MArch or April Applicant
Look for me on austimeline.com (username CtrlAltDel) - goes like this:

03/11/2004 : applied (skilled independent offshore, ACS)
16/11/2004 : credit card charged
28/12/2004 : received request for meds/PCC
29/12/2004 : meds booked, PCC requested
13/01/2005 : PCC received
16/01/2005 : meds taken
24/02/2005 : received request for bond

So they're certainly not wasting time, little more than 3 months so far!
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Nice one, you are pretty much there now......I got my PR shortly after investing the dosh.

SS
Old Feb 24th 2005, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
There not going to turn you down now. Its just formality now, so enjoy the feeling, and start thinking about the move.
Congrats.
Well isn't that just the best news?! I love this month - first my notional boss announces he's quitting, I get the job by default, and now this, all in the space of two weeks. Actually, it's Sod's Law that DIMIA would come back to me just as I get the job I was promised four years ago!
Old Feb 25th 2005, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

Look for me on austimeline.com (username CtrlAltDel) - goes like this:

03/11/2004 : applied (skilled independent offshore, ACS)
16/11/2004 : credit card charged
28/12/2004 : received request for meds/PCC
29/12/2004 : meds booked, PCC requested
13/01/2005 : PCC received
16/01/2005 : meds taken
24/02/2005 : received request for bond

So they're certainly not wasting time, little more than 3 months so far!
Hi CtlAltDel

Do you mind me asking how long the ACS took over your application? You said credit card charged 16/11, but when did you hear back from ACS?

Also, did you have a degree in your chosen line of work?

Thanks for any info...

Gav

Last edited by gavstrad; Feb 25th 2005 at 1:35 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

Didn't think last message registered... Sorry.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Gav,
My application went into the ACS in the last week of September 2004 and we got the reply in the first week of December.
My degree is maths (can't remember if this is relatred or not!)
Everything about this takes so long!
All the best,
Mark
Old Feb 25th 2005, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Markk
Gav,
My application went into the ACS in the last week of September 2004 and we got the reply in the first week of December.
My degree is maths (can't remember if this is relatred or not!)
Everything about this takes so long!
All the best,
Mark
Cheers Markk!

I had anticipated 8 weeks, but was a little surprised with CtlAltDel swift application timeline...

Gav
Old Feb 25th 2005, 2:32 pm

orangestreet will become famous soon enough

Well done, should be a matter of time from now on before you can move over to Oz..

Cheers
Orange
Old Feb 25th 2005, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Gav,
Yes I know, some people seem to get processed very quickly and others don't!
When we first started the application process last year we thought that the ACS bit would be the most difficult bit, little did we know!!
Mark
Old Feb 25th 2005, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Markk
Gav,
Yes I know, some people seem to get processed very quickly and others don't!
When we first started the application process last year we thought that the ACS bit would be the most difficult bit, little did we know!!
Mark
Hey Mark,

Keep the old chin up mate! We're only 2 months in and already I feel impatient, so God knows how you guys must feel!!!

All the very best with everything, It'll be worth the wait!

Gav

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.