Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

$100k Bond/Capital Investment - The low down!

$100k Bond/Capital Investment - The low down!

Old Sep 14th 2006, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future
Default Re: $100k Bond/Capital Investment - The low down!

Just been reading the WA one and I can't believe the buggers make us declare the interest as income for Tax. They are winning all ways here!!!
Old Sep 15th 2006, 3:14 pm

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough

Mark

- We received the cheque (in AUS$) and paid it into our UK bank account

- TFN is, I think, Tax File Number. We left it blank but we did end up paying 10% tax on the interest - I assumed we could only get tax relief in Australia if we were actually there. You can deduct the 10% paid from your UK tax return (if you choose to declare the income in the first place!).

Chris
Old Sep 18th 2006, 10:22 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chris n
Mark

- TFN is, I think, Tax File Number. We left it blank but we did end up paying 10% tax on the interest - I assumed we could only get tax relief in Australia if we were actually there. You can deduct the 10% paid from your UK tax return (if you choose to declare the income in the first place!).

Chris
Cheers Chris. I hope to be there when the cheque arrives so hope to avoid that problem. I'm sure its pretty straight forward to update the details once i'm there.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:09 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chris n
Mark

Chris
One other question all.... My CO asked for my investment today but says

"After complying with the above paragraph, please e-mail the Case Officer to confirm the actions have been completed. Please note that failure to provide adequate evidence that you have complied with this request by the due date may lead to your application being pooled or refused. If this happens it will not be possible to reverse the decision"

Is the email back from the Investing Authority enough as "adequate evidence" or something else?

Ta all
Mark
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:18 am
Australia since 09/2001

Location: Chichester > Wellington 04/00 > Melbourne 09/01 > Perth 12/06
natmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nice
Arrow Re: $100k Bond/Capital Investment - The low down!

Hi, since WA now require an Australian bank account to be in operation ahead of lodgement of the $100k bond, OH is switching to NT.

However, quick question for those who have gone through this whole bond lodgement bit - you need form 1134 in order to lodge the bond - and part 1 needs to be completed by DIMA. Are you therefore notified by DIMA by post with a copy of the form completed by them? Or do you have to download and print off form 1134, send it over to them to get it all stamped etc., they then send it back to you and then you send it off to the bond people of your choice? (which seems a horribly long way of doing things).

Just waiting for the bond request now and keen to get all the ducks in a row for when the request does actually come. Sitting waiting for the email and then wondering whether actually we should be checking the snail mail box instead...

Information gratefully received - many thanks.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:27 am
Back to WA! Yay!

Originally Posted by natmcg
Hi, since WA now require an Australian bank account to be in operation ahead of lodgement of the $100k bond, OH is switching to NT.

However, quick question for those who have gone through this whole bond lodgement bit - you need form 1134 in order to lodge the bond - and part 1 needs to be completed by DIMA. Are you therefore notified by DIMA by post with a copy of the form completed by them? Or do you have to download and print off form 1134, send it over to them to get it all stamped etc., they then send it back to you and then you send it off to the bond people of your choice? (which seems a horribly long way of doing things).

Just waiting for the bond request now and keen to get all the ducks in a row for when the request does actually come. Sitting waiting for the email and then wondering whether actually we should be checking the snail mail box instead...

Information gratefully received - many thanks.
No, all you do is fill the 1134 in upon instruction from your CO - fax it to NT with all your other bits - their forms etc... then transfer the money, then post the originals to the NT bond, confirm reciept of money via email back to CO. NT Bond people then fill in the original 1134 and send it to your CO.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:23 am
Australia since 09/2001

Location: Chichester > Wellington 04/00 > Melbourne 09/01 > Perth 12/06
natmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nicenatmcg is just really nice

Originally Posted by mark213
No, all you do is fill the 1134 in upon instruction from your CO - fax it to NT with all your other bits - their forms etc... then transfer the money, then post the originals to the NT bond, confirm reciept of money via email back to CO. NT Bond people then fill in the original 1134 and send it to your CO.
Got it - makes sense - cheers.