$100k before requested?

Old Aug 5th 2004, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

jana1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default $100k before requested?

Hello
I am just wondering if anyone knows if you can do the $100k investment before it is requested?

I am being made redundent in October so have no ties to the UK and have been offered an appartment in Spain for a few months, so was thinking IF my house sold could I invest the $100k before I go, ready for when it is requested? or does it have to be 12 months from the request?

I know there is still a risk that they don't actually give me the visa for some reason.....

Thanks very much
Jana
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:56 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $100k before requested?

Originally posted by jana1
Hello
I am just wondering if anyone knows if you can do the $100k investment before it is requested?

I am being made redundent in October so have no ties to the UK and have been offered an appartment in Spain for a few months, so was thinking IF my house sold could I invest the $100k before I go, ready for when it is requested? or does it have to be 12 months from the request?

I know there is still a risk that they don't actually give me the visa for some reason.....

Thanks very much
Jana
Hi Jana,

Put it somewhere where you can access it at call, and then wait for it to be requested. All you can do at this stage is contact the state treasuries and evaluate their interest rates.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au