$100,000 to invest, when invest start?

Old Apr 6th 2004, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Default $100,000 to invest, when invest start?

i am thinking about investing the $100,000 to get extra 5 points to get the 120 points now needed for skilled visa. i know i only have to invest for 12 months but when does the 12months begin. is it as soon as i invest the money (so while still in england) or does the 12months start when i enter OZ? any help is really apprecaited.

the reason i ask is because if the 12months starts as soon as i hand over the money, i could stay in england for 6 months to try and save more cash and then only have to wait 6 months to get the money back when in OZ.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: $100,000 to invest, when invest start?

Hi Threlly,

I am thinking about having to do the same.....I think you have to lodge it just before visa grant (after Meds and police check)...I reckon I may have to take a loan out or something, and just stay in England for longer than planned, earn some more sterling, and pay off the loan when the investment is returned 12 months later.

Anyone else done this?

Cheers

SS
Old Apr 6th 2004, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney

Originally posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi Threlly,

I am thinking about having to do the same.....I think you have to lodge it just before visa grant (after Meds and police check)...I reckon I may have to take a loan out or something, and just stay in England for longer than planned, earn some more sterling, and pay off the loan when the investment is returned 12 months later.

Anyone else done this?

Cheers

SS
your right, you do have to lodge just after your poilce checks/meds. but what i really want to know is, is the 12 month investment period valid from as soon as u lodge the money, whether u are still in england or OZ, or does it only start when u enter oz

cheers
Old Apr 6th 2004, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

I think the clock starts ticking as soon as the money is transferred.........so u could stay in England for the duration, except having to pop over to Oz to validate.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by SuperSeagulls
I think the clock starts ticking as soon as the money is transferred.........so u could stay in England for the duration, except having to pop over to Oz to validate.

yes, thats what i thought, that makes things easier. could stay hear longer, save more money etc. i could also, like u say, go over and validate my visa, then come back again, what do i need to do to do that though, do i need a RRV - resident return visa, do u know much about rrv
cheers
Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:53 pm
Jaj

Your initial migrant visa has a re-entry facility for 5 years, so you
don't need to worry about an RRV for a while. Many people find they
qualify for citizenship well within the 5 year period, and hence never
need to concern themselves with RRVs.

Jeremy

threlly wrote:

> Originally posted by SuperSeagulls
    >
    >>I think the clock
    >
    > starts ticking as soon as the money is transferred.........so u could
    > stay in England for the duration, except having to pop over to Oz to
    > validate.
    >
    >
    > yes, thats what i thought, that makes things
    > easier. could stay hear longer, save more money etc. i could also, like
    > u say, go over and validate my visa, then come back again, what do i
    > need to do to do that though, do i need a RRV - resident return visa, do
    > u know much about rrv
    > cheers
    >
    >

--
This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:54 pm
Jaj

12 month period starts when you invest the money.
If planning to stay in the UK for a while, you do need to validate your
visa.

Jeremy

threlly wrote:

>
    > your right, you do have to lodge just
    > after your poilce checks/meds. but what i really want to know is, is
    > the 12 month investment period valid from as soon as u lodge the money,
    > whether u are still in england or OZ, or does it only start when u enter
    > oz
    >
    > cheers