Wikiposts

$100,000 to gain extra 5 points

Old Apr 3rd 2004, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Default $100,000 to gain extra 5 points

due to increase in points test i am wondering whether to try and get the $100,000 together to reach the 120 points test. do i have to put this money in when i send my application off and /or prove i have the money then, or do i just have to have the money ready for when i get my visa, as this would gove me another say 12 months to save, any help much apprecaited
cheers
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: $100,000 to gain extra 5 points

Originally posted by threlly
due to increase in points test i am wondering whether to try and get the $100,000 together to reach the 120 points test. do i have to put this money in when i send my application off and /or prove i have the money then, or do i just have to have the money ready for when i get my visa, as this would gove me another say 12 months to save, any help much apprecaited
cheers

You will have to advise DIMIA that you can and will provide the $100,000. However the money isnt request until just before your visa is issued.
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 3:35 am
Just Joined

Michael Breen is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers

Hi,

In order to gain the 5 "bonus" points for Capital INvestment you must make it clear in your application that you are claiming them, show evidence that the money is available (or tied into your house - equity). DIMIA will then notify you when you must make the actaul investment - this will occur during the visa processing. You must then make the investment and send proof back to DIMIA who will then award the 5 points.

Mick Breen
Destination Oz Ltd
0208 673 2412
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

traceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant future

Please help

With regards to the $100k, when you invest the money, are you guaranteed the full investment back? Is there any interest? How long do you have to invest it for?

Thanks
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by traceyandian
Please help

With regards to the $100k, when you invest the money, are you guaranteed the full investment back? Is there any interest? How long do you have to invest it for?

Thanks
You have to invest it for a year and I believe you are guaranteed it back with interest.

sandy
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 7:58 am
George Lombard

Hi Tracey and Ian,

Very important you read Booklet 6 carefully about this. The investment is
repaid in full after one year. Interest is about 3-4%. You should contact
each of the participating treasuries for details of their procedures.

cheers

George Lombard
--
www.austimmigration.com.au

"traceyandian" <member22669@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Please help
    > With regards to the $100k, when you invest the money, are
    > you guaranteed the full investment back? Is there any interest? How long
    > do you have to invest it for?
    > Thanks
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 3rd 2004, 8:14 am
George Lombard

Hi Michael,

I don't think it's necessary to show ASPC where the money is coming from or
that you have assets to support it. All that is necessary for the
investment bonus points is that you make the investment.

Cheers

George Lombard
--
www.austimmigration.com.au

"Michael Breen" <member23020@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by threlly
    > > due to increase in points
    > test i am wondering whether to try and get the $100,000 together to
    > reach the 120 points test. do i have to put this money in when i send
    > my application off and /or prove i have the money then, or do i just
    > have to have the money ready for when i get my visa, as this would gove
    > me another say 12 months to save, any help much apprecaited
    > > cheers
    > Hi,
    > In order to gain the 5 "bonus" points for Capital
    > INvestment you must make it clear in your application that you are
    > claiming them, show evidence that the money is available (or tied into
    > your house - equity). DIMIA will then notify you when you must make the
    > actaul investment - this will occur during the visa processing. You must
    > then make the investment and send proof back to DIMIA who will then
    > award the 5 points.
    > Mick Breen
    > Destination Oz Ltd
    > 0208 673 2412
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 3rd 2004, 4:05 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Mick,

The Department does not ask for evidence of the availability of capital/equity (unlike Retirement visa applications, for example). They "simply" ask the applicant to arrange the lodgement of the investment as the final stage in the process once the skilled application has been otherwise assessed positively.

Best regards.

Originally posted by Michael Breen
Hi,

In order to gain the 5 "bonus" points for Capital INvestment you must make it clear in your application that you are claiming them, show evidence that the money is available (or tied into your house - equity). DIMIA will then notify you when you must make the actaul investment - this will occur during the visa processing. You must then make the investment and send proof back to DIMIA who will then award the 5 points.

Mick Breen
Destination Oz Ltd
0208 673 2412
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 4:06 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Have a read of this weblink:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=155

Best regards.

cheers
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

alton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Mick,
They "simply" ask the applicant to arrange the lodgement of the investment as the final stage in the process once the skilled application has been otherwise assessed positively.
Any time limit on this? Can you delay, say 6 months, before you make the investment?
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 9:50 pm
Migration Agent

Improbable - the Skilled Processing Centre will usually allow 49 days from the date the letter is issued requesting lodgement of the investment and confirmation of the same from the recipient State Treasury Corporation. You might be able to obtain an additional 49 days if there is a good reason, but 6 months ...? I think that would be unlikely.

Best regards.

Originally posted by alton
Any time limit on this? Can you delay, say 6 months, before you make the investment?
Old Apr 4th 2004, 9:08 am
Jaj

I think Alan has posted to say you won't be given 6 months.

Where funds are tied up in property, for example, many people arrange
extra finance from their bank to release funds to make the capital
investment.

This is ok with DIMIA.

If contemplating this, it's important that the finance can be repaid
early without penalty. You also need to understand the tax and foreign
exchange issues - get professional advice if confused.

Jeremy

>alton wrote:
    > Originally posted by Alan Collett
    >
    >>Mick,
    >>They "simply"
    >
    > ask the applicant to arrange the lodgement of the investment as the
    > final stage in the process once the skilled application has been
    > otherwise assessed positively.
    >
    >>
    >
    >
    > Any time limit on this?
    > Can you delay, say 6 months, before you make the investment?
    >
    >

--
This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

Old Apr 4th 2004, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

traceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant future

Thanks for the info, Ian only gets 115 points at the mo, and we are just at the beginning of the process. (Applied for skills assessment.)

To get the extra 5 points we will hopefully get the bond together. My family will more than likely lend us the money for the bond, would this be a problem? I just wanted to make sure I would not put their money at any risk.

Also, as Ian is a First Class Welder with 13 years experience would it be so awful if we had to apply for a regional visa? Is his trade wanted anywhere? How difficult is it to get a regional visa?

Thanks again guys

Tracey
Old Apr 4th 2004, 11:25 pm
Brisbane

Trayla is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently studying in SA and will not complete my two year MA degree until Sept 2005.

I have over $100,000 currently in an OZ savings account and wondered if it would be possible for me to invest in a bond to get my extra 5 points so it finished just after I apply for my Graduate skilled visa.

I know in booklet 6 it says you need to wait to get the go ahead from Dimia, but thought that was to protect people from investing the money and then getting the visa refused.

If I am in OZ saving the money anyway, it makes no difference to me, but would like the money free when I get PR to put down on a house.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Tracey (A different one to the above!!!)
Old Apr 4th 2004, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

JubJub has a brilliant futureJubJub has a brilliant futureJubJub has a brilliant futureJubJub has a brilliant futureJubJub has a brilliant futureJubJub has a brilliant future

Originally posted by traceyandian

Also, as Ian is a First Class Welder with 13 years experience would it be so awful if we had to apply for a regional visa? Is his trade wanted anywhere? How difficult is it to get a regional visa?

Thanks again guys

Tracey

You may want to check out Incat in Tasmania, when I was there they were always on the lookout for experienced welders (they build massive catamarans out of alumimium).

http://www.incat.com.au