Visiting OZ while App is Pending

Old Jul 2nd 2002, 2:20 pm
Suketu Kapadia

Default Visiting OZ while App is Pending

Hi,

I have a business trip to OZ coming up. Would it be a problem if I made the trip
while my migration app is pending (have not received any acknowledgement)? Do I need
to inform the DIMA of the trip ?

Thanks,

Old Jul 3rd 2002, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

chana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visiting OZ while App is Pending

You are not permitted to enter Australia at any time,if you have applied for a PR. You must inform DIMA that you are doing so (in the case of your business trip) and wait for them to advise you.

Entering Aust during the time your application has been lodged with them is jeopardising your chances of getting a PR.

My 2 cents. I don't work for DIMA.
Old Jul 3rd 2002, 11:20 am
Steve@Newsgroup

If you have applied for a PR visa you will be required to state this when you apply
for a visa for your business trip. It is quite possible (even likely) that you will
be refused the visitors visa because you are waiting for the outcome of a PR
application. However there is no reason why you cannot visit Australia if DIMA do
choose to give you a visitors visa.

Cheers, Steve "chana" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > You are not permitted to enter Australia at any time,if you have applied for a PR.
    > You must inform DIMA that you are doing so (in the case of your business trip) and
    > wait for them to advise you.
    >
    > Entering Aust during the time your application has been lodged with them is
    > jeopardising your chances of getting a PR.
    >
    > My 2 cents. I don't work for DIMA.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jul 4th 2002, 6:21 am
Suketu Kapadia

Thanks for the inputs Steve. Though I do not see any place to inform DIMA about the
PR on any business visa application form. I don't suppose I should be volunteering
the information without being asked. I guess they have records in any case.

And per the information booklet, I have to inform the DIMA if I travel to Australia
and for a address change (more than 14 days). It does not say that I have to inform
the DIMA before such travel.

Any thoughts !

Thanks,

"Steve@Newsgroups" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. au>...
    > If you have applied for a PR visa you will be required to state this when you apply
    > for a visa for your business trip. It is quite possible (even likely) that you will
    > be refused the visitors visa because you are waiting for the outcome of a PR
    > application. However there is no reason why you cannot visit Australia if DIMA do
    > choose to give you a visitors visa.
    >
    > Cheers, Steve