YIPPEEE!!!

Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Riverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud of
Default YIPPEEE!!!

Dear All
We have finally made it! We were phoned up by our case officer to let us know that our application has been successful!!
I am now thinking...oh my god what do I do now?
Up to now, everything has been a very expensive exercise in 'if only that could be us' and theory based.....now with that phone call, it has just become reality.
We are now as someone has already said...'running around like headless chickens'.
I have just had a look at the list of smilies you can add to messages...and at the moment I think I can probably add most if not all of them depending on which 5 minute segment of the day i'm in!
What I must do though, is to thank all those that have answered my pleas for information and help (Bevs) and everyone else that contributes to this forum for asking the questions I forgot to ask!
Many thanks
Nick (and Jo ...and the kids, even if they didn't know!!)
PS we are now heading Wellington way....any advise re housing gratefully received, I was thinking just to find a 3 bed house to rent(cheapest) until I get an idea of what's about. Possibly Petone area?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:56 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: YIPPEEE!!!

CONGRATULATIONS

It's such a good [though scary!] feeling isn't it.
I found booking the one way flight to NZ gave me the biggest feeling of how real and final it all is, after all you never book one way flights normally. Booked it and then went into complete panic mode, why am I doing this, it's all going to be a big mistake, oh hell I really am moving to the other side of the world and so on. Now I'm over in NZ it's all fine of course. The rollercoaster of emotions is perfectly normal.
Just enjoy the moment and have a few glasses of something expensive

Great news!
Sue
Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

Well done, fantastic news....let the fun begin
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, it's a great feeling isn't it.

Well done
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:21 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Riverside;7295490]Dear All
We have finally made it! We were phoned up by our case officer to let us know that our application has been successful!!
Up to now, everything has been a very expensive exercise in 'if only that could be us' and theory based.....now with that phone call, it has just become reality.
We are now as someone has already said...'running around like headless chickens'.
I have just had a look at the list of smilies you can add to messages...and at the moment I think I can probably add most if not all of them depending on which 5 minute segment of the day i'm in!
What I must do though, is to thank all those that have answered my pleas for information and help (Bevs) and everyone else that contributes to this forum for asking the questions I forgot to ask!
Many thanks

Hi
Most people that come from the uk have not rented before so please take time out and look at www.nz-immigration.co.nz for cost of living/rental accommodation you dont have to bye the packs we only sent for one but found it quite helpful it is goverment approved site. please make sure you have some form of heating as 55percent of homes in NZ are damp and thats from the goverment!!!. by the way it was me that said headless chickens
Lin
Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

Congratulations Riverside hope all goes well and you find a rental okay. We are going into a motel for a few days then look when we are over there, but I do know a few have organised from this end before arrival. I am sure someone will give you some pointers.
Good luck with all your plans .
Steve and Dee.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Many congratulations,now the hard work starts!

Phyl x
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

tturner1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there riverside,
fantastic news for you!!!! we are waiting for our decision on our residency application, just wondering how long you were waiting for that phone call? we are in limbo land, not able to give my notice in at work, or book any flights Arrrgh!!! we have only been waiting a week! but feels like forever,
cheers,
Turner family.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

steelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud of
Smile Re: YIPPEEE!!!

Originally Posted by Riverside
Dear All
Many thanks
Nick (and Jo ...and the kids, even if they didn't know!!)
PS we are now heading Wellington way....any advise re housing gratefully received, I was thinking just to find a 3 bed house to rent(cheapest) until I get an idea of what's about. Possibly Petone area?

Congratulations !!
Roll on those little blue stickers

Take care,
Steelblue's OH
x
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:57 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Congrats Riverside
How lovely to read this news.

Please don't spend money on an info pack re. cost of living and rentals. You'll get the hang of NZ budgeting as you start to earn NZ dollars and pay NZ bills.

It really is best to wait until you have your feet on NZ ground before looking for a rental. That way you can inspect the property yourself. Your employer may be able to give you a pointer in the right direction. Otherwise it is looking for a rental through real estate agents for the most part.

Most folk bunk down in a motel for a few days and then possibly sort out a holiday home for a week via tourist information offices whilst looking for a reasonable rental.

Let us know how you get on.