British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Are x-rays themselves submitted? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/x-rays-themselves-submitted-766343/)

Bev MK Jul 26th 2012 7:56 pm

Are x-rays themselves submitted?

Sorry if this seems a silly question. The panel doc has given us back the forms, the reports and the reports on the x-rays but not the x-rays themselves. He made a couple of slack and inconvenient mistakes which have already held us up (fortunately we checked the stuff on receipt) so I wanted to be sure that we don't need to have the x-ray photos.

What did everyone else do?

MrsFychan Jul 26th 2012 8:27 pm

Re: Are x-rays themselves submitted?

I think they have to have the xrays. My panel doctor had noted a nodule on one of my lungs, didn't actually tell me it was the guy at NZ House who mentioned a medical referral when we handed in the ITA was the first we heard of it. I did get referred but was cleared so guessing they looked at the xray and thought nothing of it. I did however speak to my own GP after the NZ House visit and got my own xray the same day and they saw nothing :sneaky:, so I was ready with my own GP's report

ellenarosemary Jul 26th 2012 8:30 pm

You need the x-rays, but they only get sent off if there is a query. We sent ours with the paperwork anyway and as it turned out there was a query with mine. If you dont send it and they need it, it will probably delay you.

I had damage to the base of the spine caused by a car crash many years ago (which incidentally i didnt know I had). Anyway it showed up on the chest x-ray and was referred. Friend of mine is a radiologist and she says they shouldnt even be looking at backs with a chest x-ray. In the end I got my doctor to write a letter to say I had never been to him with any back related problems, and that sorted it out.

azakeen1980 Jul 27th 2012 8:02 am

Our X-rays were on a disc and we sent them in with everything else!

lisamct Jul 27th 2012 9:05 am

I didnt send mine, just the written report. Still have them kicking around the house somewhere.
Saying that they were totally normal, maybe send them if there's any queries?

Bev MK Jul 27th 2012 10:26 am

We phoned Immigration in the end and they said we don't need to send the x-rays, just the reports. Given that the reports say all is 100% normal, I'm hoping that's adequate. I imagine if there were any problems indicated, then the Immigration Doc could well want to see the actual x-ray, but that doesn't apply to us.