Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

WTV application question - currently not living in UK

WTV application question - currently not living in UK

Old Apr 23rd 2015, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Elizabeth 2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WTV application question - currently not living in UK

I've been living out of the UK for exactly 2 years this month and now want to apply for an NZ working travel visa.. but read that you have to be living in the UK or have to have lived there within the last 2 years! Has anyone else come across this problem?!
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 7:31 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTV application question - currently not living in UK

so you want a working HOLIDAY visa??

"To be eligible
You must:
usually be permanently living in the United Kingdom – this means you can be temporarily visiting another country when you lodge your application
be a citizen of the United Kingdom and have a British passport that isvalid for at least three months after your planned departure from New Zealand
be at least 18 and not more than 30 years old
not bring children with you
hold a return ticket, or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket**
have a minimum of NZ$350 per month of stay available funds to meet your living costs while you’re here
meet our health and character requirements
be coming to New Zealand to holiday, with work or study being secondary intentions for your visit
not have been approved a visa under a working holiday scheme before.
AND
If you are already in New Zealand, you must hold a valid temporary visa."

United Kingdom Working Holiday Scheme
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Elizabeth 2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes sorry - working holiday visa ;-)
Thanks for the info - I've seen that already but on the online form it says that if you've lived in the uk within the last 2 years that also counts and will be accepted.. but I moved exactly 2 years ago! I've applied so just have to keep my fingers crossed.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Unless things have changed in the past 2 years...but I got mine fine in Australia having been based there for 2.5 years. She'll be right!