British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   WTR - Whats the deal? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/wtr-whats-deal-554847/)

Rock Ape Aug 12th 2008 5:37 pm

WTR - Whats the deal?

We are waiting for NZQA to sort out my quals (see other posts on this subject) but I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible lodge a WTR application without killing off the pending Skilled Migrant ITA? I have a job offer in an area of LTSS which I am keen to take up and thought that WTR route may be better. Also can my wife and son be included in the WTR.

So many questions and so little sleep!

Soppydot4 Aug 12th 2008 6:08 pm

Re: WTR - Whats the deal?

Do you mean a WTR under the skilled migrant category or the ordinary WTR? If the skilled migrant WTR this isn't something you can actually apply for, this is something Immigration decide. We've been given WTR under the skilled migrant category because my OH who is an electrican didn't have his provisional licence at the time we lodged our ITA. As for the other WTR I'm unsure whether it would affect at all your PR application but by the time you've lodged and paid for the application you may have sorted out your NZQA problems.

I'm sure someone will come along who has actually gone down the WTR route who will be able to advise (if you don't mean the skilled migrant WTR route).

Good luck with the NZQA - I did read your earlier posts about this and think it's ridiculous they can give you one level in a pre-assessment and then say different in the full assessment.:confused:

Rock Ape Aug 12th 2008 7:04 pm

Re: WTR - Whats the deal?

Originally Posted by Soppydot4 (Post 6672823)
Do you mean a WTR under the skilled migrant category or the ordinary WTR? If the skilled migrant WTR this isn't something you can actually apply for, this is something Immigration decide. We've been given WTR under the skilled migrant category because my OH who is an electrican didn't have his provisional licence at the time we lodged our ITA. As for the other WTR I'm unsure whether it would affect at all your PR application but by the time you've lodged and paid for the application you may have sorted out your NZQA problems.

I'm sure someone will come along who has actually gone down the WTR route who will be able to advise (if you don't mean the skilled migrant WTR route).

Good luck with the NZQA - I did read your earlier posts about this and think it's ridiculous they can give you one level in a pre-assessment and then say different in the full assessment.:confused:

Thanks for that. I did'nt know that there was WTR under SMC so I'll look into that. I have tried emailing my case officer INZ in London but she does not reply very often.