WTR Visa to PR application?..

Old May 9th 2011, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default WTR Visa to PR application?..

Hello All,
So, im here on a WTR visa and i know i need to apply for PR in a two year period.. Is there a minimum time when you can apply? Im guessing sooner than later now the ChCh office is not there anymore..
Anyone done this?..

Your advice as ever is welcomed

Gary
Old May 10th 2011, 2:05 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTR Visa to PR application?..

If you have enough points then apply anytime under SMC but if you don't then I believe you can apply at any time but the application will be held until any qualifying period (eg for the employment you are in) has been met. Email to your case officer may yield a definitive?

I do know there was a rash of visa's expiring a couple of years ago (made UK press), and the NZ response at the time was that those applications could have been submitted sooner....
Old May 10th 2011, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

We are on a WTR visa too and have been advised that we need to wait until we have worked in NZ for 2 years before we can apply for PR unless you qualify under SMC (then you can apply as soon as you want).

Surely you can't apply too far in advance because medical checks and police certificates have a limited life
Old May 13th 2011, 12:49 pm
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

The general thing is that you get about a 3 month period to find a job after being granted the WTR and a further 9 month period AFTER landing in NZ from the date you do so to find a job in NZ.

Once you find the job, you need to work about 3 months and you can then apply for a PR which should not take long to be granted. After that 3 month period I think you would NEED TO APPLY (otherwise what would be the point of the WTR and your intentions to be in NZ for the immigration). HOWEVER, once you have gotten the job experience in NZ, even if the visas expire, you can reapply with the work experience gained IN NZ or through a job offer.

Originally Posted by Wessa View Post
Hello All,
So, im here on a WTR visa and i know i need to apply for PR in a two year period.. Is there a minimum time when you can apply? Im guessing sooner than later now the ChCh office is not there anymore..
Anyone done this?..

Your advice as ever is welcomed

Gary
Old May 14th 2011, 12:05 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

faye h is correct, you have to have worked for 24months on a WTR visa before you can be approved for residence via this route:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...iworkfromresi/
To get there quicker then you would have to have enough points as a skilled migrant.
Are you asking whether you can send the application in early so that they have it when the 2y is up? I'd be worried they'd lose it somewhere

Originally Posted by robbyarg View Post
The general thing is that you get about a 3 month period to find a job after being granted the WTR and a further 9 month period AFTER landing in NZ from the date you do so to find a job in NZ.

Once you find the job, you need to work about 3 months and you can then apply for a PR which should not take long to be granted. After that 3 month period I think you would NEED TO APPLY (otherwise what would be the point of the WTR and your intentions to be in NZ for the immigration). HOWEVER, once you have gotten the job experience in NZ, even if the visas expire, you can reapply with the work experience gained IN NZ or through a job offer.
Please read Wessa's post, it is fairly clear that he has not got WTR via a SMC application. This is not what he was asking
And why write so many words in capital letters? It doesn't make your posts any clearer.