wtr visa and family advise

Old Jul 29th 2013, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

demadpaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wtr visa and family advise

Hi I've been a member on here for a while and asked the odd question on here and the Aussie forum but nothing serious as it was only research or curiosity. To get the point over the last 3 years an accredited empolyer has been offering me a full time job and I have been turning it down until now. I get the official offer next week.

The role is in agriculture and the area we would be moving to is methven. the employer all ready has 5 expats working for him all of whom have the same occupation as myself and have worked for this company since they left the UK the longest 12 years I think the last one has been out there 3 and have had there PR visa's granted. All 5 went out with there partners and kids.
We researched the pro's and con's to death my wife could tell you what the cost of living is to the penny.

Mainly we are wondering does the process for my wife and children the eldest being nearly 3 and youngest just turned one by the time we might move go fairly straight forward given the fact i would have been granted my work visa before they apply or is there new changes that make it an even larger headache than it was before. If we were to move it would be September/October next year.

Anybody that is currently in the process or has recently been through it I would greatly appreciate your advice and if this question has all ready been flogged to death then I do apologize.
Thank you.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: wtr visa and family advise

Hi my hubby is on a WTR visa and I have a partnership visa, the kids have student visas.
Once all the medicals and police checks are it can take as little as five days to process
We submitted ours at 2pm on Monday and they were back in Devon 10am Friday, 4 days
It is a really simple process

Good luck and if you need anymore info just ask
Old Jul 29th 2013, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Also we applied for all four at the same time, sending them all in together.
Once you have your job offer/contract, then you can apply for all four
Old Jul 29th 2013, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

demadpaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moonie2011
Also we applied for all four at the same time, sending them all in together.
Once you have your job offer/contract, then you can apply for all four
Thanks for that. My wife has also read that we will have to pay for all her health care and the kids where as I would be entitled to some reduced cost because of being on a wtr visa. Have you found it difficult to get the kids straight into school aswell. We looked into all of this 3 years ago but seems alot has changed with the process in 3 years.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

School really easy, once you've found your area rock up at the school show them the kids visas and they start school, simple as

Re healthcare not had any experience yet, thank goodness, but my understanding is that me and the kids are entitled the same as anybody else, obviously you have to get health insurance or pay for what the government don't provide, when it's needed.
If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will put me right
Old Jul 30th 2013, 2:27 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

we haven't got health insurance, just pay when we go as there is no free health care here apart from small children I believe(?)
Old Jul 30th 2013, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

But emergency treatment is free???
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:25 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

depends. when I had to take Archer to the hospital 5am dash we ended having to pay, same when I had to take Katiya 10.30pm visit