British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   WTR Visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/wtr-visa-612358/)

flame_98 Jun 1st 2009 12:49 pm

WTR Visa

Hi,

My OH has been offered a role with an accredited employer and we think he will be getting a WTR visa. Will I still be able to get some sort of working visa through him if he hasn't got a permanent residence visa? We have been living together for 3 years now and can prove this if asked.

carxluv Jun 1st 2009 5:55 pm

Re: WTR Visa

Pleease can you help me with that cuz i really wanna move over there and start working please
<snip personal details.>

mod note
It is best not to put up your personal details on an open forum. You will be able to read the replies from this thread and forum

Matewx Jun 1st 2009 7:08 pm

My understanding is that your partner/husband can sponsor you so you can apply for the same visa under the family stream policy

You will need to prove that you are in a stable and genuine relationship & do not think that a marriage certificate will be enough coz I don't think so!! They want proofs!

Hope this helps,

BEVS Jun 1st 2009 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by flame_98 (Post 7623191)
Hi,

My OH has been offered a role with an accredited employer and we think he will be getting a WTR visa. Will I still be able to get some sort of working visa through him if he hasn't got a permanent residence visa? We have been living together for 3 years now and can prove this if asked.

He will be offered the Work to Residence visa . You will be given an open work visa on the back of his application.
If you have children , you will need student visas for them.

If he fits the criteria for the WTR via an accredited employer, (i.e. $55K pa) you may well be able to apply for PR before the two year watershed if you so wished.

Yes. You will have to prove the relationship.

newkiwi Jun 1st 2009 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by flame_98 (Post 7623191)
Hi,

Yes, you will be able to apply as the "partner of a NZ work permit holder", under the family stream....

You submit your own application form as far as i remember. You will need to show proof of your relationship. Your work permit will be unrestricted insofar as you can work for any employer in any job, and will be valid for the same amount of time as his. You should both apply at the same time and send everything in together.

Good luck...

aalls73 Jun 1st 2009 10:50 pm

Hi this correct, this is what we have done but we are married, i know a few couples in your postion that have gone exactly the same way with no probs, you just have to prove your together!! ie: joint accounts mortgages etc..... GOOD LUCK!!:thumbsup:

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 7624430)
He will be offered the Work to Residence visa . You will be given an open work visa on the back of his application.
If you have children , you will need student visas for them.

If he fits the criteria for the WTR via an accredited employer, (i.e. $55K pa) you may well be able to apply for PR before the two year watershed if you so wished.

Yes. You will have to prove the relationship.

flame_98 Jun 2nd 2009 11:04 am

Thanks a lot everyone - That puts my mind at ease, fingers crossed everything goes smoothly now!