wtr ---- pr???

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Default wtr ---- pr???

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here has had experience on coming to NZ on WTR Work to Residence Visa and then converting it into PR. We're basically on WTR visa holders and have had a safe job for 10mths now,

Paperwork I received from NZIS suggests that it requires 3 months full time job before WTR can be converted into PR.

Would that be done automatically or is there any other time-consuming process behind (which is quite usuall with NZIS I guess )
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:46 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: wtr ---- pr???

How did you gain your WTR visa?

Was it by having a job from an accredited employer for instance or did you apply for PR under the skilled migrant category but were offered WTR instead.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:00 am
Northern Monkey

adamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to all

I'm just starting out on trying to convert from a Work To Residence (Accredited Employer) to Residence visa, having moved over last month.

From what I'm told by others who've been down the same route, once you've had your EOI pulled from the ballot (assuming you've got enough points) then you'll be invited to apply for residency and allocated a case officer (which can take about 3 months), then you have to go through the medicals/police check procedure. I'm led to believe the process can take 6-9 months if all goes well.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of

Hi OH got a job onff of the Skills Shortage List with an Accredited employer????

Originally Posted by BEVS
How did you gain your WTR visa?

Was it by having a job from an accredited employer for instance or did you apply for PR under the skilled migrant category but were offered WTR instead.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:44 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Then this is a talent WTR visa and under the policy I believe that after two years of work one can apply for PR. This is by submitting a form and sending a fee.

......however.....

there is nothing to stop you applying for PR now, under the SMC, if you now have enough points. You submit the EOI, wait for an ITA etc per the Skilled Migrant Category.

Your occupation needs to be on the skilled occupation list
You need 100 points or more.
You need plenty of $$

You might want to check this direct with NZIS though.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

cool thanks for that!!!

going home in Feb do we need to get a returning visa or something whilst we're still on Work Visa till march 2011

Originally Posted by BEVS
Then this is a talent WTR visa and under the policy I believe that after two years of work one can apply for PR. This is by submitting a form and sending a fee.

......however.....

there is nothing to stop you applying for PR now, under the SMC, if you now have enough points. You submit the EOI, wait for an ITA etc per the Skilled Migrant Category.

Your occupation needs to be on the skilled occupation list
You need 100 points or more.
You need plenty of $$

You might want to check this direct with NZIS though.