wtr / pr ???

Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default wtr / pr ???

ok im confused ( not hard i know ) i was told that when you applied for pr and they gave you WTR all you had to do was work for 3 months and they gave you PR now i see someone saying its 24 months , but when i checked previous posts im still seeing 3 months ???? anyone know what it really is??? only asking as we think we will only end up with WTR as we have applied for PR through SMC and were told in here we would probably only get WTR and now im thinking omg we have to wait 24 months for PR .. what if the jobs crap does he have to stick it for 24 months? anyway hope all this made sense lol im rambling

ty caroline
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Riverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud of
Default Re: wtr / pr ???

Hi to you from a tired bunny!!!
I spent till 0230 this morning putting the finishing touches to my application for PR. Jo and I then went to New Zealand house today to pass the pile of paperwork over to a bemused offical on the other side of the desk.
This pile had to be 4" at least!! (i'm afraid I have had a few jobs over the last years and to give all the info required....it all adds up!)
Anyway,...after some to and fro-ing....will they accept my qualifications /won't they...they will accept the gas side but not the plumbing side...as plumbing side not accepted I now now longer qualify for the skill shortage points....etc etc.....Bloody Nightmare!!!:curse:
They said that I no longer have enough points to enter the pool let alone pass muster,...even they are the ones that have asked me to apply!!!,... I managed to turn them around to letting me apply on the gasfitter side which apparently they will accept- just!!!

To come to the point(sorry I just had to vent a little) the lady said that they might give me WTR instead of PR. She then said that it would require me to work in NZ for 3 months and then PR would be given... and that came fron NZIS this afternoon...
Hope this helps, all the best
Nick
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Thumbs down Re: wtr / pr ???

Blimey riverside, sounds like they threw a curve ball at you too, don't you love it when they do that at the last minute!
Hang in there
nic
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

This Work To Residence policy can be a bit confusing because the same phrase is used for two different scenarios.

There is a Work To Residence policy which goes hand in hand with those that have job offers through accredited employers etc. With this policy, those people have to work towards residency and that takes two years. They don't apply through the points system. They would apply via a temporary work permit.

With a person that has applied for PR through the points system, submitting an EOI, it can be that NZIS wants to see further evidence of the ability to settle in NZ for a variety of reasons.

With these people they would be offered a Work To Residence visa and a temporary work permit . This gives a certain amount of time to arrive in NZ & find a job in the occupation they have claimed points for. Just as with someone granted PR straight off with an NZ job offer, they would have to fulfill the condition that they remain in that job for 3 months.

Originally Posted by nzis
A work to residence visa or permit

If you have been offered a work to residence visa or permit instead of a residence visa or permit, there are certain things you have to do.

* Within three months of the offer, you must return your application form for the work to residence visa or permit.
* During the visa or permit application, you must show us that you are able to support yourself and your family for at least the first three months in New Zealand. This means NZ$1000 per person for each month, or NZ$400 per person each month if your accommodation has been paid for.
* You will also have to show that you have the money available to purchase tickets to your home country for you and your family should you have to leave New Zealand.

If you are out of New Zealand, you will get a work to residence visa which will allow you to travel to New Zealand within three months. On arrival, or if you are already in New Zealand, you will be granted a nine-month work permit.
hope this helps
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:41 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Riverside
Hi to you from a tired bunny!!!

Nick
Hey you

I'm glad you stuck at it.

What did you get in the end from the PGDB then for NZIS to accept the gas but not plumbing ? If you had the letters from both the gas and plumbing PGDB pre-lim assessments stating that both your gas quals/ work exp and plumbing quals work/exp were OK towards PGDB registration then NZIS should have accepted that. It's their standard after all.

With the gas, as you know, you would not have been able to claim bonus points for absolute shortage as it's just on the immediate shortage list but with the plumbing you can as it is on the long term shortage list. However, you would still have been able to claim the 50 points for your trade qual + points for work exp.

I think NZIS staff still get a bit in a muddle about how the PGDB registration business works so I am pleased you managed to sort it out.

Fingers crossed that the PR , whether it comes via a bit of WTR or not , comes through for you soon.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

thanks bev for the help, i called gary and he said it was fine it will be 3 month one so phewwwwwwwww, i should of just asked him in 1st place lol

caz