WTR with no job offer

Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

CFCLee has a brilliant futureCFCLee has a brilliant futureCFCLee has a brilliant futureCFCLee has a brilliant futureCFCLee has a brilliant futureCFCLee has a brilliant futureCFCLee has a brilliant future
Default WTR with no job offer

I'M CONFUSED, verything I read on the NZIS site leads me to believe I need a job offer for a WTR VISA, so............as an electrical service technician how can i get a WTR without a job offer ?

Lee
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:19 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: WTR with no job offer

The short answer is that you can't . A Work to Residence visa is attached to a job.

What is it you are wanting to do please?

If you want to come to NZ for a while to live and work , you can do this with a temporary work visa but you must have a job offer first.

If you want to emigrate to New Zealand permanently , then it will all be about how many points you can get . You get points for
work experience etc.

That is unless yu can get a job from what is called an acredited employer in NZ. With that , it would be a Work to Residence visa but it is still the job offer first.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

CFCLee has a brilliant futureCFCLee has a brilliant futureCFCLee has a brilliant futureCFCLee has a brilliant futureCFCLee has a brilliant futureCFCLee has a brilliant futureCFCLee has a brilliant future

I want to emigrate permenantly but only have 105 points which is not enough for an EOI to get selected from the pool, so I need a job offer.

So how does a WTR work with an accredited company ? do you no longer need an EOI or points ???
Old Sep 19th 2008, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

nickandlyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick suggestion, but if you are looking for a company to employ you,and you need registration ( which as a service technician you do) in my experience companies will look at you far more seriously if you have/are in the process of getting your registration, as it takes quite a while to sort. Having visited NZ and checked out the work situation ( I am in the same business) a job will not be hard to get once you have at least your provisional. Best of luck with the process.