WTR for me -- my wife / son ???

Old Oct 4th 2014, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

akmodi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WTR for me -- my wife / son ???

Hi,

I have got a WTR 30 month visa. My wife will come after the sale of our house.

What visa will she come under (she wants to be able to work).

I have an 18 year son in education, what visa does he come under ?

Thanks

akmodi
Old Oct 4th 2014, 9:00 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTR for me -- my wife / son ???

they should of been put on your application ??
Old Oct 4th 2014, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
they should of been put on your application ??
MrsFychan, thank you for the advice.

They would be joining later -- so I haven't taken their visa just now, but will start the process.

The question still remains : which visa to apply for ?
Old Oct 5th 2014, 1:45 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

They should have been put on the same application as you (WTR) at the time of your original application. So they should have applied for a WTR visa.

Wasn't there an area on the application form for listing your wife and dependent children?
Old Oct 5th 2014, 4:02 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

yes they should of been put on your initial visa request. really not sure how you would get them over now?? I will flag this up to some people they know more about the ins and outs of visa but please bear in mind we are not qualified immigration advisor so any information will just be how they read the Immigration website.
Old Oct 5th 2014, 5:02 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by akmodi
I have an 18 year son in education, what visa does he come under ?
It is Sunday evening here, so I'll mull on this tomorrow if I may.

A quick question. When you say your son is in education, what type of education do you mean please? By that I mean is he at university or at school.

edit....
Do you have two sons please?
One age 15 in high school and another age 18 in education?

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 5th 2014 at 5:04 am.
Old Oct 5th 2014, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
It is Sunday evening here, so I'll mull on this tomorrow if I may.

A quick question. When you say your son is in education, what type of education do you mean please? By that I mean is he at university or at school.

edit....
Do you have two sons please?
One age 15 in high school and another age 18 in education?
Bevs,

Thanks for helping.

Yes I have 2 sons, one 15 in high school who comes with me. His application was made for a student visa with me.

The other(18 yrs) is in University.

My wife will join after the sale of the house, but wishes to work in NZ.

It is for the latter two that I will be applying.

Thanks
Old Oct 5th 2014, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Hubby is on a WTR and I applied and got a partnership visa (which allows me to work)and my children got student visas. (They are 9&12)
I had to apply on a seperate application but all the applications went in together and got assessed together. I think they refer to the other applications when processing each visa
Couldn't you have got them all done together then your wife just join you at a later date?
Not sure how INZ will process the other visas now
Good luck
Old Oct 5th 2014, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moonie2011
Hubby is on a WTR and I applied and got a partnership visa (which allows me to work)and my children got student visas. (They are 9&12)
I had to apply on a seperate application but all the applications went in together and got assessed together. I think they refer to the other applications when processing each visa
Couldn't you have got them all done together then your wife just join you at a later date?
Not sure how INZ will process the other visas now
Good luck
Hi moonie2011,

Thanks for replying. I guess I need to do the same for my wife: partnership visa, but for my son -- he is 18 and thus an dependent adult.

Thanks

akmodi
Old Oct 5th 2014, 9:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by akmodi
The other(18 yrs) is in University.
HHmm.

I think you need to explore whether he would be eligible to attend university here in NZ as a domestic student or whether it would be international fees - if you haven't already that is.
Old Oct 5th 2014, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

Thanks to all that have replied.

No he will not be attending UNI in NZ -- for that he would need a student Visa and the classification of domestic/ international is based on the Visa duration.

I spoke to INZ who told me that he will come under the Visitor Visa as he would be a dependent but not working. My wife would get under the partnership category.

Thanks
Old Oct 6th 2014, 1:20 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I would presume you just send the partnership/study/ visit applications in at a later date and they will be issued for the length of time 'left' on your WTR visa.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Hi Persephone,

Yes, I think what you say is most very likely.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 8:24 pm
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

We come out wtr visa. I'm on a partnership visa kids on dependant visitor visa. Be cost here young.

Be aware when I got my pbwv I had to be in the country within 3 months. Otherwise I'd have to apply Thor a visa trAnsfer.....more money!
Old Oct 7th 2014, 1:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moving2NZ2013
We come out wtr visa. I'm on a partnership visa kids on dependant visitor visa. Be cost here young.
Sorry, Do not understand : Be cost here young. Do I read: because they are young ?

[/QUOTE]Be aware when I got my pbwv I had to be in the country within 3 months. Otherwise I'd have to apply Thor a visa trAnsfer.....more money![/QUOTE]

Dear moving2NZ2013, I understand the 3 month issue, that's why we are taking their Visa's later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.