Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

WTR Approved today - But confused and request suggestions

WTR Approved today - But confused and request suggestions

Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:52 am
Just Joined

kihan2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WTR Approved today - But confused and request suggestions

Hello,

We (me + wife) are currently in OZ and just got a Kiwi WTR visa approved. (Banksters by profession)

We were really hoping for a PR, albeit without any job offer was gonna be tricky.

So we are now in crunch time & are confused as to :

1) Can we go to NZ within the 3 months, get a WTR for 9 months, come back to OZ for another 7 months so as to complete our work contract and then go back to NZ and find a job within the last 2 months before WTR expiry so as to still get the PR

Are we likely to get PR upon finding a job in NZ at that time ?

2) Getting the Kiwi PR and completing our OZ work contract (expires in Jan 2011) are the two important considerations

Any input will be reatly appreciated.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 6:06 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTR Approved today - But confused and request suggestions

Originally Posted by kihan2007 View Post
Hello,

We (me + wife) are currently in OZ and just got a Kiwi WTR visa approved. (Banksters by profession)

We were really hoping for a PR, albeit without any job offer was gonna be tricky.

So we are now in crunch time & are confused as to :

1) Can we go to NZ within the 3 months, get a WTR for 9 months, come back to OZ for another 7 months so as to complete our work contract and then go back to NZ and find a job within the last 2 months before WTR expiry so as to still get the PR

Are we likely to get PR upon finding a job in NZ at that time ?

2) Getting the Kiwi PR and completing our OZ work contract (expires in Jan 2011) are the two important considerations

Any input will be reatly appreciated.
Per your own posts you just got approved for an Oz visa on Feb 17th of this year.
I take it, as you are already just arrived in OZ, that you intend to live and work in Australia.

New Zealand is not Australia.

If you have NZ WTR , then you need to fulfill those conditions.

Sorry if I sound a bit tough, but plenty of folk have a real hard time coming here under their skills.

If you meant to come to NZ , then why did you not come under the NZ SMC in the first place?
Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused....why didn't you wait if you have 7 months work in Aus?
Or perhaps you are being super organised and it all came through quicker than you expected?

I don't know about banking but it seems to be a bit tight to try and get a job in 2 months...many on these boards spent longer looking for work and they had PR.

I guess you can job hunt from there and fly over for interviews...not sure what happens with your visa though if you are in and out though..someone will know.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 9:03 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

Was it a WTR on the back of the SMC?
If so I highlydoubt that you would be able to fulfill the criteria for PR.

If it is this type of visa that you have then you have 3 months from the date of approval to get the visas put in your passport and then 3 months to enter the country. On arrival you will be issued with a WTR permit valid for 9 months. To convert this to PR you need to obtain skilled employment and BE IN THAT JOB for 3 months.
Therefore, it's not a case of just finding a job within the 2 months you have stated as this would not fulfil the criteria and you would need to leave NZ.

At least that's how I have interpreted my WTR visa, but really it would be worthwhile speaking to NZ immigration about it.