WTR

Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of
Default WTR

Just a couple of questions to people who have been granted WTR. My OH says that if we are granted WTR we need to earn 55,000 is this correct ? and in trawling the internet I've also read that you need to find employment within your area of speciality is this also correct ?

I'm worrying as following contacting the appropriate board I'm unable to register in my field until a further year of training once I gain residency

Thankyou
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:58 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTR

Originally Posted by anniiee View Post
Just a couple of questions to people who have been granted WTR. My OH says that if we are granted WTR we need to earn 55,000 is this correct ?
In a way . Yes !
In order for you to apply for a WTR visa , you will need to have a job offer from an NZIS accredited employer . That job offer should be for $55K pa for a 40 hour week.

Originally Posted by anniiee
and in trawling the internet I've also read that you need to find employment within your area of speciality is this also correct ?
You should be qualified and experienced for the job you are offered.

Originally Posted by anniiee

I'm worrying as following contacting the appropriate board I'm unable to register in my field until a further year of training once I gain residency

Thankyou
You don't say what your occupation is, so it's not possible to comment on the relevant NZIS occupational registration policy.

It may be that you are applying under the SMC and have submitted an EOI. In that case and depending on your application it may be that NZIS would offer you a WTR visa rather than granting PR straight off. You would be given a set amount of time to enter NZ and to find work in your skilled area.

edited here....

Oopps.

I see that you have entered an EOI under the SMC. Silly me !

If you have no job offer , then depending on the application, NZIS may offer you a WTR rather than PR straight off. This would be because they want to know that you will find work in your field and settle. As previously stated you would be given a set time to achieve this.
The job you find wouldn't have to be for $55K pa , as the WTR was offered under the SMC policy. The job offer, however, would have to match the $$ going rate for the occupation.
Your job offer would also have to match the skills and quals on your EOI.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 24th 2009 at 11:03 pm. Reason: edited for being a bit dim